Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

HELP- now i'm totally confused

HELP- now i'm totally confused

Old May 26th 2007, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP- now i'm totally confused

WE have just sold a house here, the money was paid into a bank in the UK in sterling, what the notary asked us to do was to get a receipt from the UK bank and then get the purchaser to go to their bank here in Spain with the receipt and ask for a letter to say how much the amount was in Euros. This was done at the current exchange rate, no money was changed to euro etc.

This was free at Banco Popular here in Albunol and the Notary was very happy with it.

pwwm
Old May 26th 2007, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by julie22
I agree with you, you should get your NIE. However the conversion was only a paper exercise to put on the escrituras and did not at all affect the amount we paid in sterling or the amount the seller received in sterling (surely this should be the same in your case?)
Thats what I thought, we pay in sterling and on the day of completion it would be a paper transaction into euros so we can pay the tax, not rocket science is it?. I personally think she just doesn't want to get up to do the NIE so therefore we can't get a sterling bank account. So she's telling me that it has to be done in Euros. She must think i've come down in the last shower! We've already sent the 10% into the estate agents sterling account.
Old May 26th 2007, 6:56 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeanc
Thats what I thought, we pay in sterling and on the day of completion it would be a paper transaction into euros so we can pay the tax, not rocket science is it?. I personally think she just doesn't want to get up to do the NIE so therefore we can't get a sterling bank account. So she's telling me that it has to be done in Euros. She must think i've come down in the last shower! We've already sent the 10% into the estate agents sterling account.
But if you dont have an NIE, you cant buy and she don`t get paid. ;-)
Old May 26th 2007, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by jdr
But if you dont have an NIE, you cant buy and she don`t get paid. ;-)
She wants us to include it in the POA when we are over next month, so she can get it on our behalf when we are not there, so we will get one eventually but we won't be going back to spain untill after completion. The whole idea of paying for flights and accomodation ect was to get the NIE and the sterling account. May as well have saved ourselves a few hundred quid and just done the POA bit by E-mail!
Old May 26th 2007, 7:22 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeanc
She wants us to include it in the POA when we are over next month, so she can get it on our behalf when we are not there, so we will get one eventually but we won't be going back to spain untill after completion. The whole idea of paying for flights and accomodation ect was to get the NIE and the sterling account. May as well have saved ourselves a few hundred quid and just done the POA bit by E-mail!
If you get all the bits on HERE you may be able to do it while you are here if the Police Stn is not too busy, if it is you will have all the bits ready for her.
There is a link to download the form and how to fill it in, just need your photos, photo copies etc.
Old May 26th 2007, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jdr
If you get all the bits on HERE you may be able to do it while you are here if the Police Stn is not too busy, if it is you will have all the bits ready for her.
There is a link to download the form and how to fill it in, just need your photos, photo copies etc.
Thankyou jdr you're a star! Hey that rhymes
Old May 26th 2007, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

The form on that web site is out of date.

This is the proper one:

http://www.mir.es/SGACAVT/modelos/ex...anje/ex_14.pdf

and you don't need photographs.

Last edited by Beachcomber; May 26th 2007 at 9:23 pm.
Old May 26th 2007, 9:36 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
The form on that web site is out of date.

This is the proper one:

http://www.mir.es/SGACAVT/modelos/ex...anje/ex_14.pdf

and you don't need photographs.
Thanks for the link just added it to the sticky.
I never needed photos but so many people post that you do, I just added them for safety. ;-)
I think you only need them if you apply at the consulate in UK.