Help needed

Old Jul 14th 2011, 5:05 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help needed

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well, it's true to say that Ryanair will take it for £40, and the only specification is that it must be protected in a protective bag or box. Nothing about stripping them down.

So now I guess I send them the email asking about it, to which of course I will never receive a reply

Karma sent, I never even thought about asking

This is the ryanair take on bikes, but it doesnt make very clear what kind of protective bag. Of course they are all 0871 numbers so you cant call them from Spain!

Special advice for the carriage of bicycles
The pedals must be removed (or fixed inwards) and the handlebars must be fixed sideways. The bike MUST be contained in a protective box or bag. It is not necessary from a safety perspective to deflate typical tyres found on bikes and wheelchairs for carriage in the hold. However, to eliminate the small risk of them being damaged by bursting, you may wish to deflate the tyres.
Go to a bike shop and ask them if they have any old bike carton lying around, put the bike in bubblewrap to protect it.

Also if you want to have less packing on your bike, get a little trailer to go behind it. Makes life (Cycling) a lot easier.
Attached Thumbnails Help needed-model-b014-%E2%82%AC69.95.jpg   Help needed-model-t095-%E2%82%AC67.95.jpg   Help needed-model-b011-%E2%82%AC68.95.jpg  
Old Jul 14th 2011, 11:15 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it's true to say that Ryanair will take it for £40, and the only specification is that it must be protected in a protective bag or box. Nothing about stripping them down.

So now I guess I send them the email asking about it, to which of course I will never receive a reply

Karma sent, I never even thought about asking

This is the ryanair take on bikes, but it doesnt make very clear what kind of protective bag. Of course they are all 0871 numbers so you cant call them from Spain!

Special advice for the carriage of bicycles
The pedals must be removed (or fixed inwards) and the handlebars must be fixed sideways. The bike MUST be contained in a protective box or bag. It is not necessary from a safety perspective to deflate typical tyres found on bikes and wheelchairs for carriage in the hold. However, to eliminate the small risk of them being damaged by bursting, you may wish to deflate the tyres.
Try a website called saynoto0870.com and put Ryanair's number in, it might come up with a Geographical number for you which you CAN ring from Spain (put 0044 in front and drop the first 0 of the number).
Old Jul 15th 2011, 11:54 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scampicat
Try a website called saynoto0870.com and put Ryanair's number in, it might come up with a Geographical number for you which you CAN ring from Spain (put 0044 in front and drop the first 0 of the number).
Yesw, I use that site all the time. Ryanair dont have a UK number to call. The site suggests you call the Irish head office, but when you ring them they give you an 0800 number to call. If you choose the Spanish contact details ... you guessed it .... its an 0800 number

So an International airline, you have to call an 0800 number in the UK
Old Jul 15th 2011, 12:01 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

A pity you're not going next year, you could have taken high speed rail nearly all the way. Link (in Spanish) explains they are making good progress on the Barcelona to Figueras link, and it should be fully operational in 2012

http://ave-renfe.edreams.es/ave-barc...ave-en-girona/

Of course I suspect the price would be somewhat high, unless they get their marketing act together (SNCF and Renfe and EuroStar)
Old Jul 15th 2011, 2:49 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scampicat
you can call 0871 and 0800 on Skype
Old Jul 15th 2011, 3:05 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
you can call 0871 and 0800 on Skype
Yes .... I know, but for some reason people have great difficulty in hearing what I say when I speak to call centres on skype, so generally I dont bother
Old Jul 15th 2011, 4:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing about stripping them down.
In order to get it in a box, the pedals have to come off, and handlebars turned. As I understand it, that's it, as my son said, 10 minutes.
Old Jul 15th 2011, 5:54 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Yes .... I know, but for some reason people have great difficulty in hearing what I say when I speak to call centres on skype, so generally I dont bother
is that because you are using a webcam ?
in such cases they are as naff as the systems used by the call centres (you can hardly hear the person but plenty of background noise and voices)
(think you can still get that as a recording to play on your own system to make your business look bigger and busier than really are)

have you tried a voip phone plugged into a usb slot ? this should make things better

I am currently testing a couple of phones, the RTX3088 dual phone has come out top so far, even 50m down the garden.
Old Jul 15th 2011, 6:04 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by agoreira
In order to get it in a box, the pedals have to come off, and handlebars turned. As I understand it, that's it, as my son said, 10 minutes.
Yep, I posted their requirements above somewhere thanks ...
Old Jul 15th 2011, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

alig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant future

I seem to remember they have a weight limit of 20 (ish) kgs for bike, so be ready to pack your saddle and pedals in your pocket if necessary .
Old Jul 15th 2011, 8:14 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alig2010
I seem to remember they have a weight limit of 20 (ish) kgs for bike, so be ready to pack your saddle and pedals in your pocket if necessary .
A decent bike does not weigh more than 15/17 kilogram.
Old Jul 15th 2011, 9:45 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by alig2010
They do, but mine weighs 16 kilos, aluminium frame.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

busters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond repute

Can't you hire a bike when you get there ? it would save all the buggering about, just take the famous bell and attatch it !!
Old Jul 16th 2011, 8:45 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Well one thing for sure we'll always know when Mitzys coming along the road.

His bell may be virtually inaudible to the human ear, but it will be easy to spot the trail of fifty hungry dogs running along behind him, thinking its the call for suppertime.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

busters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond repute

Master of the hounds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.