Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Help needed for 2 teenagers

Help needed for 2 teenagers

Old Jan 19th 2007, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help needed for 2 teenagers

Hi,
As you are aware i have two teenage daughter's.
They have been out tonight as it is there last weekend, They have both come home in a funny mood, the younger teen has accused the elder one of drinking.
We have done the usa test on her (ha ha ha) and she past we do think she might of had a drink in her eye's. Can not smell it as she has had a few chewy gums inside her.
Sent her to bed, the other one is having a pissy fit, saying we let the oldest get away with everything etc etc etc.
Thing is we can not prove anything, If i could the little bugger would be grounded for a long time.
I have not had this before and am unsure how to handle it.
As it is their last weekend i really dont want to be harsh or a battleaxe any advisexxxxxx pleasexxxxx
Old Jan 19th 2007, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help needed for 2 teenagers

If she's had a drink is it the end of the world? If she's come in unable to walk, and puking in your planters, fair do's get miffed.
Personally I'd wonder why the other grassed her up?? siblings, glad I'm an only only child!!
They grow up and along the way they'll experiment with a number of things - I did, but now I have a family a nice house earn well into the 40% tax band, so would like to think it did me no harm.
My advice? - take a chill pill, relax it's OK.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 9:25 pm
Account Closed

Andy Pipken is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
Hi,
They have been out tonight as it is there last weekend, They have both come home in a funny mood, the younger teen has accused the elder one of drinking.
We have done the usa test on her (ha ha ha) and she past we do think she might of had a drink in her eye's. Can not smell it as she has had a few chewy gums inside her.
Sent her to bed, the other one is having a pissy fit, saying we let the oldest get away with everything etc etc etc.
Thing is we can not prove anything, If i could the little bugger would be grounded for a long time.
As it is their last weekend i really dont want to be harsh or a battleaxe any advisexxxxxx pleasexxxxx
What you need to do is stand them both up in front of you and say
"LOOK INTO MY EYES,LOOK INTO MY EYES, NOT AROUND MY EYES, RIGHT YOUR UNDER
YOU WILL TELL ME WHAT YOU HAVE BOTH GOT UPTO TONIGHT
after they have told you everything
CLICK YOUR FINGERS AND THEY WILL WAKE
Old Jan 19th 2007, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andy Pipken
What you need to do is stand them both up in front of you and say
"LOOK INTO MY EYES,LOOK INTO MY EYES, NOT AROUND MY EYES, RIGHT YOUR UNDER
YOU WILL TELL ME WHAT YOU HAVE BOTH GOT UPTO TONIGHT
after they have told you everything
CLICK YOUR FINGERS AND THEY WILL WAKE
Ha ha if only it was that simple, christ know's.
I thought i had good kids and yes i rememeber drinking at there age but i never got caughtxxx
I want them to be good girls.
Hubby is "well it is there last weekend i am not happy but we can not ground them this time"
I am like ground the shits for even sniffing the shit.
ha ha ha i just want good girls xxx
Old Jan 19th 2007, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

As you asked for opinions I'll give you mine, you seem to be a bit of a control freak.
I'm glad my mum wasn't like you.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by leighbloke
As you asked for opinions I'll give you mine, you seem to be a bit of a control freak.
I'm glad my mum wasn't like you.
fair enough,
To be fair i am glad you was not my daughter my girls are 13 and 14 and that is why the uk law states 18 to drink.
To be fair i am not unfair just do not want my kids to become the twats drinking and being silly.
And if you think that is cool i am glad you are not my daughter
Old Jan 19th 2007, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha if only it was that simple, christ know's.
I thought i had good kids and yes i rememeber drinking at there age but i never got caughtxxx
You think you never got caught! But your eldest probably thinks she hasn't got caught either! I'd say as long as she was not obviously drunk then let it go - just keep an eye on her in the future. Everyone goes through it, best if she is open with you rather than going way OTT out of your sight.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by esperanza
You think you never got caught! But your eldest probably thinks she hasn't got caught either! I'd say as long as she was not obviously drunk then let it go - just keep an eye on her in the future. Everyone goes through it, best if she is open with you rather than going way OTT out of your sight.
Thank you that is what we thought, and we would let it go.
If she come came back pissed, then i would have something to say.
As some have sai they are glad i am not there mum, i would not want that as my daughterxxxx
Old Jan 19th 2007, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thank you that is what we thought, and we would let it go.
If she come came back pissed, then i would have something to say.
As some have sai they are glad i am not there mum, i would not want that as my daughterxxxx
If thats what you thought why did you completely ignore my first post when I suggested exactly that? That way I wouldn't have had to point out more directly that you were overreacting to a minor situation. But in any case I'm glad you have decided not to overdiscipline your Daughter.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by leighbloke
If thats what you thought why did you completely ignore my first post when I suggested exactly that? That way I wouldn't have had to point out more directly that you were overreacting to a minor situation. But in any case I'm glad you have decided not to overdiscipline your Daughter.
Sorry your first post never came through when i replied it was to the latter my mistake i am so sorryxxxxxxxxxx
Old Jan 19th 2007, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Try the guilt trip thing.

Tell her how much you trust her and how you know that she is sensible and will always try to do the right thing. Throw in a few 'facts' about how alcohol can cause damage when you haven't stopped growing, and safety issues for good measure to prove you're right to worry!

Then tell he you're glad she's your daughter and if she says she hasn't been drinking, that's good enough for you!

Then (and this is the hard bit) leave it. If she has been drinking, she may never confess but you will have made your point and she will have heard it!
Old Jan 19th 2007, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry your first post never came through when i replied it was to the latter my mistake i am so sorryxxxxxxxxxx
That's not a problem.
Now I'd love you to be my Mum!! Errrrrrrrrr??? not that I'm into the adult baby scene in any way of course.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dazzle
Try the guilt trip thing.

Tell her how much you trust her and how you know that she is sensible and will always try to do the right thing. Throw in a few 'facts' about how alcohol can cause damage when you haven't stopped growing, and safety issues for good measure to prove you're right to worry!

Then tell he you're glad she's your daughter and if she says she hasn't been drinking, that's good enough for you!

Then (and this is the hard bit) leave it. If she has been drinking, she may never confess but you will have made your point and she will have heard it!
Done it ha ha haxxx
Old Jan 20th 2007, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

kaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to all

Hi

Hope your move goes really well. Perhaps your daughter is a bit worried about the move. We have some months to go before we make the move and it scares me

Best wishes Kay x
Old Jan 20th 2007, 8:08 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
They, like you, are feeling the pressure about leaving, they will also have had all those thoughts about leaving their friends, it's a fear/excitement thing, but it's as was once said, 'there are no strangers in the world, just friends you do not know', they will soon find a new circle of friends, and almost certainly a multinational circle and that can only be a good thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.