Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Help with nasty neighbour

Help with nasty neighbour

Old Apr 13th 2010, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with nasty neighbour

Originally Posted by welshviking
What's all this denoucing about then? Sounds nasty...I like it.
How long have you been here.....it's a popular spanish hobby .
Old Apr 13th 2010, 11:15 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twistedmelon
How long have you been here.....it's a popular spanish hobby .
Here, as on BE?
Old Apr 13th 2010, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Here, as on BE?
Sorry I meant here as in Spain
Old Apr 13th 2010, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lcehna
I get the idea his problem is that A)he does not like children and B) doesn't like English as he told me to f*** off to the UK.....even though he's German!!
Hang it from the Window..
-
http://m.blog.hu/ru/rugdesfuss/image...gland5_416.jpg
-
DSB.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 11:28 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

What's all this denoucing about then? Sounds nasty...I like it.

lcehna, seriously play the wife & children home alone card as mush as poss, surely that should get them moving.
Denounce is a Spanish thing, it is to make an official complaint to the police.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 11:28 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

she's not
Old Apr 13th 2010, 11:32 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

I know love, I was just teasing. I'm in Aus.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

I know love, I was just teasing. I'm in Aus.
With an avatar like that I should have known.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 11:50 am
live free or die

With an avatar like that I should have known.

That's my passport pic!
Old Apr 13th 2010, 12:23 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

That's my passport pic!
No wonder you get frisked at the border every time then
Old Apr 13th 2010, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lcehna
Hi,
I am new to this site but hopefully someone can help me.

We have lived in spain for two years now but moved into a new house in Dec. We have two young children (boys 6 and 3). We have a nice villa with a garden however, the problem is that whenever my kids play in the garden my neighbour shouts abuse at them over the fence. He is really aggressive and swears and scares them silly, so much so that they are too scared to play outside anymore.

Boys will be boys and bar gagging them I can't keep them quiet. They are not being unruly purely playing in the garden. The neighbour in question has done it to others who have rented this property according to the landlord and he says just to ignore him.

That's easier said than done though and I am becoming very upset by the whole thing and don't want to spend time outside myself either. Yesterday after swearing at the top of his voice and giving me the "finger" because my boys were on their bikes on the garden I went to the police who sent someone round to speak to him. Unfortunately he had gone out so that was to no avail as I'm sure they won't bother chasing it up again.

Can anyone suggest what could be done to stop his appalling behaviour?
Thanks
Denounce him to the Guardia for aggressivie / threatening behavior, they have to follow it up and it may well be heard in court as soon as 48 hrs!!!
Old Apr 13th 2010, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: up the mountains,with the goats.,los filabres,almeria,spain.
michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all

reminds me of the time my grandad had problems with the germans. he had to make four or five trips to germany to resolve them. mind you,that WAS in 1944.
sorry to hear of your problems. with children involved it is more stressful and upsetting. what about your husband chinning the cunning hun??? make sure there are no witnesses though...good luck.....
Old Apr 13th 2010, 8:08 pm
HOODIE

Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Madridboy
Stick to the denounce idea but forget the video idea as you could find yourself in trouble for filming someone in their private property, also a video cannot be used as evidence in court.
You sure about that?
You only have to film your property, if he is shouting over your fence then he will be seen leaning over and hollering.
Video, I'm quite sure has been used as evidence before in cases like this. Definately it has been shown to the police and local council. Re. Nasty neighbours and all that. Don't know if the cases went as far as court as video evidence of any kind is pretty damming.
I shall flee to google search and have a look....
Old Apr 13th 2010, 9:40 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lushdaddy
You sure about that?
You only have to film your property, if he is shouting over your fence then he will be seen leaning over and hollering.
Video, I'm quite sure has been used as evidence before in cases like this. Definately it has been shown to the police and local council. Re. Nasty neighbours and all that. Don't know if the cases went as far as court as video evidence of any kind is pretty damming.
I shall flee to google search and have a look....
If you only film your own property what evidence is there that it is the person you state that is doing the shouting / insulting?
Video evidence can and will be dismissed in a Spanish court.
Do the denouncia stating that the shouting / swearing & insults are directed at the children, this should get things moving quicker.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 10:32 pm
HOODIE

Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Madridboy
If you only film your own property what evidence is there that it is the person you state that is doing the shouting / insulting?
Video evidence can and will be dismissed in a Spanish court.
Do the denouncia stating that the shouting / swearing & insults are directed at the children, this should get things moving quicker.
OP says that he (the nasty neighbour) is shouting abuse over the fence. That's why I'm thinking if you film your own garden with the kids playing, as soon as he starts shouting over the fence he will have to come towards it and presumably be up AT the fence. Then he will be in shot. I doubt it can be dismissed unless it is unlawful entrapment. Usually to do with tapping's and the like, not video evidence to do with an irate neighbour. Check out the legality first but I'd do that anyway (the video thing). How the hell would you catch people nicking cars and stuff and committing other crimes on video. Surely they can't dismiss all video evidence. I think your on to invasion of privacy laws and personal harassment.
I'm not dissagreeing with you as I don't know the laws about that fully, I do think if someone shouted at my children for playing they would get a nasty poke on the end of their nose from my wildly flailing arms and fists. I am not promoting the use of violence either.

Edit. I am all for denouncing the miserable shatbag..

Last edited by Lushdaddy; Apr 13th 2010 at 10:34 pm. Reason: edit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.