Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Help with menu translation

Help with menu translation

Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with menu translation

Originally Posted by lynnxa
ask them to some empanadillas & patatas fritas

not exactly the same - but pretty close!
Nice
How about croquetas de casera?
Old Sep 17th 2008, 4:26 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Nice
How about croquetas de casera?
fishy ones?
Old Sep 17th 2008, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

fishy ones?
Hola lynnxa,
I don't know that joke. Explain please!
Carol
Old Sep 17th 2008, 8:48 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Hola lynnxa,
I don't know that joke. Explain please!
Carol
not a joke - the fishy ones are a bit like fish cakes - so if we're in a 'pie & chips from the chippy' direction - why not fishcakes?
Old Sep 17th 2008, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

doh! I am slow!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:42 am
¿Dónde estoy?

doh! I am slow!
Old Sep 20th 2008, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

vamos_mi_sevilla is an unknown quantity at this point

ask them to some empanadillas & patatas fritas

not exactly the same - but pretty close!
Thanks for the heads up on Ibericos, I take it from above that always means cold

The Bacalao I have had hot and cold in some places, you really need to specify hot and same with some soups, god how they can have them cold

As for Pie and chips, well I know you are in Olivia and I saw in a shop in Valencia they sold Pukka Pies, I was very suprised, but if i recall the shop I will post it back, I have a reciept from it somewhere, and you could buy a load of them and cook them !!!

Wish you a great wedding and good luck !
Old Sep 20th 2008, 7:54 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

We eat everything that is put in front of us, until last night. We were at a party and were served prawns in a SWEET pastry, then cod and potato in a SWEET pastry. It was horrible for me but OH ate it.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

vamos_mi_sevilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jjh
We eat everything that is put in front of us, until last night. We were at a party and were served prawns in a SWEET pastry, then cod and potato in a SWEET pastry. It was horrible for me but OH ate it.
with alcohol so do I, I was bought up on a routine English meals, every day of every week as a child I would have the same meal,

Sunday = Roast
Monday = Pie and mash with beans or processed peas
Tuesaday = Liver & bacon or pork chop & potatoes
Wed's = Sausage and potatoes with combo of peas or beans
Thursday = Turkey Escallops with potatoes and beans
Friday = Cod and Chips or similar
Saturday = take away fromm local Chippie

No offence to my parents but I had this every day of my life til I hit my late teens, from then on my Mum god bless her dies at 45 of Cancer, my dad and me fell out, I spent 5 years eating crap from the above then I met some birds, they got the right hum with me saying I was well fussy and childish, but they introduced me to so many different foods its unreal,

Things like I used to cut the fat off Bacon, steak and pork chops, I used to have a steak well done becuase I thought it was the only way, Id spew up looking at a Pizza,

these days Ill eat a steak with blood pouring out, Ill swallow all the fat off any bit of pork, and Pizza and Italian and Mexican I love, chinese and Indian the same.

I think my parents may have been stuck in the 70's but now Ill try anything and Spain I love becuase you can for next to nothing.

I love any meat, but I not keen on fish, especially cold fish, but Tapa's have got me into fish and other meats such as bulls tail "rabo de toro" which I highly reccomend.

Im babbling on but I want to get my point across that some parents should not just cook the food for there kids what they like and nowt else, I pretty much believe in this day and age what happened to me does not go on in such a multi cultural society but none the less
Old Sep 20th 2008, 8:11 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by vamos_mi_sevilla
Thanks for the heads up on Ibericos, I take it from above that always means cold

The Bacalao I have had hot and cold in some places, you really need to specify hot and same with some soups, god how they can have them cold

As for Pie and chips, well I know you are in Olivia and I saw in a shop in Valencia they sold Pukka Pies, I was very suprised, but if i recall the shop I will post it back, I have a reciept from it somewhere, and you could buy a load of them and cook them !!!

Wish you a great wedding and good luck !
that english wholesale place in/outside Benidorm - it's got Union Jacks painted outside - might even be called that.................anyway, they sell pukka pies - and very reasonably priced, too
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 3:08 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Saw a nice dessert the other day. Dried figs marinaded in Ximenez sherry, - the dark, almost tarry sherry, plus a dash of vanilla ice cream.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bil
Saw a nice dessert the other day. Dried figs marinaded in Ximenez sherry, - the dark, almost tarry sherry, plus a dash of vanilla ice cream.
Here's a nice, easy homemade similar(ish) version of the above:

Chuck some bananas on your BBQ - still in their skins - until they turn black. Then squeeze the filling out onto your plate. Put the dob of vanilla ice-cream next to it and then pour your Pedro Ximenez over the top. Mmmmmm.

I guess it would probably work with other fruit too but I haven't tried that yet.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 3:17 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Mango and chilli.