Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Help me finding Spanish supplier of polycarbonate

Help me finding Spanish supplier of polycarbonate

Old May 28th 2014, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

imissun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help me finding Spanish supplier of polycarbonate

Just to explain my aim - I am ambitious and started little gardening on balcony.
Unfortunately wind is so strong it breaks the leafs. After some research, I have found that polycarbonate sheet, named here LEXAN is what I need.
I need to build transparent (I would like to see the sea through it wind stopper,
40 cm high over my balcony should be sufficient.
Any ideas where I could buy it here in Malaga/Bena area ?
Or maybe a company servicing balcony;s balustrade, or greenhouse builds, or sth similar
your help much appreciated, my veggies need urgent help!
I spent another day web browsing and I hit wall ..
Old May 29th 2014, 6:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help me finding Spanish supplier of polycarbonate

Leroy Merlin has poly sheets in sizes up to 2 metres in length-it's not cheap though, from memory several years ago, I'm sure I paid about 80€ for a 2mtr by 1mtr sheet.
Old May 29th 2014, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

thanks, I know they are selling combed ones
http://www.leroymerlin.es/fp/1078422...ato-doble-10mm
I am planning to get one of these too, I will use it on one part of balcony, to have some privacy against my neighbors,
but I am looking for a fully transparent polycarbonate, looking like glass,
and that transparent I want to use on another part of balcony, where I can see the sea - it's important this needs to be 'like glass'
So I am actually thinking about maybe of balcony balustrade service, but don't know where to start..
I hope going to leroy next hour to check what they have and get combed sheet
Old May 29th 2014, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure I've seen sheets of clear perspex in Aki in Motril - about 4mm thick, maybe a metre square or something like that.
Old May 29th 2014, 2:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Try sign makers they use it
Old May 29th 2014, 2:26 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by imissun
thanks, I know they are selling combed ones
http://www.leroymerlin.es/fp/1078422...ato-doble-10mm
I am planning to get one of these too, I will use it on one part of balcony, to have some privacy against my neighbors,
but I am looking for a fully transparent polycarbonate, looking like glass,
and that transparent I want to use on another part of balcony, where I can see the sea - it's important this needs to be 'like glass'
So I am actually thinking about maybe of balcony balustrade service, but don't know where to start..
I hope going to leroy next hour to check what they have and get combed sheet
Leroy Merlin also do the clear sheets that look like glass.
Old May 31st 2014, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jimenato
Leroy Merlin also do the clear sheets that look like glass.
I asked at the shop and was told -no, tried their website -nada.
Some company selling products online would be best, but one thing I learned so far here in Spain - ebay, amazon and generally online shopping is almost non existent, comparing to UK.
I somehow googled company selling products I need, but they do wholesale only. I have email to guy and will try with google translate

Actually, if you know about some company mounting balustrades for balcony - that is something which could suit me possibly.
Old Jun 1st 2014, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

What I will say about the polycarbonate is that it discolours with age. I had some in a window in my outside kitchen. After four years it had taken on a yellow tint, entirely from exposure to the harsh sun of Spain. What works in the UK may not be suitable for Spain.

I have recently had to replace a pane of glass in the front door stupidly broken by myself. It was 1200mm high by 800mm wide, it only cost 20€ from a local cristaleria. Real glass is much cheaper than polycarbonate. But if you are using it on a balcony it would have to be toughened safety glass like in cars.
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

Bauhaus on the Guardalhorce Ind polygon had 10cm thick sheets of the corugated type 2mx1m for 10 E at the end of last year, i used it for shed windows and a few other odds n s%&^ including a weather vane. It's translucent but not exactly transparent, would definitely spoil your view although it might help on the privacy side and then you would need less of the transparent polycarbonate sheeting where the panorama is important. As for ebay here, it appears that Milanuncios is more popular and it's free.
M

Last edited by Maybe1day; Jun 3rd 2014 at 5:28 pm.