Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Help with Local Knowledge - Murcia area please

Help with Local Knowledge - Murcia area please

Old Aug 31st 2019, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

Lisa Norris is a splendid one to beholdLisa Norris is a splendid one to beholdLisa Norris is a splendid one to beholdLisa Norris is a splendid one to beholdLisa Norris is a splendid one to beholdLisa Norris is a splendid one to beholdLisa Norris is a splendid one to beholdLisa Norris is a splendid one to beholdLisa Norris is a splendid one to beholdLisa Norris is a splendid one to beholdLisa Norris is a splendid one to behold
Smile Help with Local Knowledge - Murcia area please

Hi we have just sold our house in South Wales UK to relocate to Mercia area, but are unsure where the expat communities are? We have a 10 year old daughter and 2 x little dogs. Any help and a point in the right direction is very much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Lisa and Phil
Old Aug 31st 2019, 2:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Help with Local Knowledge - Murcia area please

Originally Posted by Lisa Norris
Hi we have just sold our house in South Wales UK to relocate to Mercia area, but are unsure where the expat communities are? We have a 10 year old daughter and 2 x little dogs. Any help and a point in the right direction is very much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Lisa and Phil

Welcome to BE.

Mercia...where is that?

I know it’s the name of an ancient English Kingdom.
Old Aug 31st 2019, 2:41 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Welcome to BE.

Mercia...where is that?

It's a Murkier, secret place.
Old Aug 31st 2019, 4:14 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

My guess is here

Old Aug 31st 2019, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

Lisa Norris is a splendid one to beholdLisa Norris is a splendid one to beholdLisa Norris is a splendid one to beholdLisa Norris is a splendid one to beholdLisa Norris is a splendid one to beholdLisa Norris is a splendid one to beholdLisa Norris is a splendid one to beholdLisa Norris is a splendid one to beholdLisa Norris is a splendid one to beholdLisa Norris is a splendid one to beholdLisa Norris is a splendid one to behold
Smile re: Help with Local Knowledge - Murcia area please

Welcome to BE.

Mercia...where is that?

Sorry, Yes Murcia
I'm just trying to pin point a place that I can rent but I'm not sure which area of Murcia. We are looking for an expat community as we have a 10 year old daughter. Thanks in advance
Old Aug 31st 2019, 4:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, Yes Murcia
I'm just trying to pin point a place that I can rent but I'm not sure which area of Murcia. We are looking for an expat community as we have a 10 year old daughter. Thanks in advance
What country????
Old Aug 31st 2019, 4:46 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

What country????
Hola! Spain
Old Aug 31st 2019, 4:47 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
It's a Murkier, secret place.
You crack me up, Novo
Old Aug 31st 2019, 7:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hola! Spain
I was waiting for the OP to reply
Old Aug 31st 2019, 11:25 pm
Concierge

I was waiting for the OP to reply
Ooops, sorry!
Old Aug 31st 2019, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

cermignano is an unknown quantity at this point

Really? Are these these best answers to the OP's questions?
Old Sep 1st 2019, 12:11 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Why Murcia?
It is a large diverse region
Do you want to be inland = Orihuela might suit you?
Do you want to be on the coast = lots of towns along Mar Menor
You might want to be near an International school for your daughter?
Warning, fees can be very steep at a good school.
Old Sep 1st 2019, 12:17 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by cermignano
Really? Are these these best answers to the OP's questions?
You've never seen a BE thread with a couple of jokey posts?
You must be a hoot at parties.
Old Sep 1st 2019, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

".... we have just sold our house in South Wales UK to relocate to Mercia area "
Very brave of you to sell up with no idea of where to go other than somewhere in the Murcia area. I'd have a few more details sorted than that before I committed.
I wish you luck but I hope you are doing a lot more research than just on here.

Last edited by BEVS; Sep 1st 2019 at 6:48 am. Reason: sort quotes
Old Sep 1st 2019, 6:46 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Sorry, Yes Murcia
Hi there and welcome to the wonderful world of BE.
As you have seen you've landed among a right bunch of Brits. Can't resist can we.

I'll tweak your thread ( topic) title as that might help a bit. I can't help as I'm in New Zealand. Novo can't help much as he is in France at the mo. JG is in Canada and Spouse is back in Oz. Right hopeless lot.

Tiz the weekend so hang about whilst they enjoy their Sunday and I am sure the Spain lot will come by to help.

One of my husband's cousins did this quite some years back so it does happen and can be done .

All the best

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.