British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Help with info on Sucina spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/help-info-sucina-spain-894694/)

Apple1 Mar 30th 2017 11:04 am

Help with info on Sucina spain

Hi everyone

im looking for info on the area Sucina as im looking at renting a property there, can anyone give any info on living there costs employment etc etc ??

I have found a new place to rent for 290 euros a month with letting agent which I can see is cheap rent is the because the area doesn't offer much employment wise ??

any feedback would be great thank you.

spainrico Mar 30th 2017 11:33 am

Re: Help with info on Sucina spain

I don't think the area offers much of anything but I have not been there for a long time so I will leave others with more recent knowledge to comment.
I think the old adage of you get what you pay applies here.

If you need employment I would suggest you need a more lively and busy area and even then be prepared for limited opportunities, especially if you cannot offer skills that are wanted including the language.

Good luck, let us know how it works out.

Apple1 Mar 30th 2017 11:40 am

Hi thank you for some feedback yes the apartment is brand new build near golf courses so im thinking with it being so cheap theres nothing much there, but it looks a lovely place il have to research employment and distance to a more larger city. I will be driving so I have transport etc etc im by trade a landscaper so maybe maybe not ill be lucky.

spainrico Mar 30th 2017 11:44 am

Yes it is a golf development, there are lots of them! I am not trying to be negative only realistic. Give it a go maybe you are lucky! The private villas (so with private gardens) owned by expats may be looking for basic gardeners which may be below your skill set but hey a relocation (as I know) involves compromises and changes which may or may not be worth the risk.

Apple1 Mar 30th 2017 11:45 am

yes I agree no its fine I know your not being negative :) input is what is required here right thats what I asked for and it makes sense that if theres no work then whats the point in living there haha :) thank you my friend for your kind help

spainrico Mar 30th 2017 11:51 am

The undeveloped land is fairly rural and used for agriculture but whether you want to spend time in poly tunnels harvesting forced fruit/veg is again your call but if you are looking for the 'bright life' (maybe you are not) Sucina I do not think will deliver - you need to be on/near the coast but of course accommodation costs will rise accordingly. OK, I will let others comment...

Apple1 Mar 30th 2017 11:52 am

the bright life ??? if you mean pubs clubs bars then no im looking for peace and tranquil so maybe this place is for me :)

spainrico Mar 30th 2017 12:04 pm

I think winter in Sucina will deliver that!

Hollyhock Apr 8th 2017 2:32 pm

I used to live there until recently, and everywhere closed for months for the winter, bars, restaurants, and I spent my life driving around to get to decent shops. Too quiet and no work, I would avoid but that is only MY opinion. Good luck.

Apple1 Apr 11th 2017 1:46 pm

Thanks holly yes I thought maybe that would be the case with this area