Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Help - how can we get people to pay their community fees?

Help - how can we get people to pay their community fees?

Old Sep 3rd 2009, 7:13 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help - how can we get people to pay their community fees?

Originally Posted by Triana
Emma-Louise, as a former president of our community I sympathise w
As for cutting off services to some owners, I don't know how you stand legally on that. Hopefully someone else can comment on that.

Hope this has been helpful. I'm aware that our community is large and quite complicated compared to yours so some of these suggestions may just not be appropriate.

Triana
We wer staying for a month at an apartment while waiting to take over a long term rental, and a note was pushed through the door which said that unless the outstanding community fees were paid by the beginning of the next month, then water and electricity would be turned off for the apartment. Fortunately we were due to leave before that date, but the owners did owe over €3000. There were other owners in the same community who owed over €5000. Not sure of the outcome, but the apartment is still advertised for rental by the same agents.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 7:18 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ForHotspot
This is another ridiculous thing that I was shocked when I found out that I've to pay the fee. I understand if you've communal pools or gardens living in a flat or townhouse, then you got to pay.

Another thing I got to find out what exactly I'll be paying for as I know there's no pool but not sure about the garden.
People who live in flats in the UK have to pay fees too, of nearly equal to the council tax in the amount or in some cases more.
I know one coulple in the UK who pay 160 pounds per month, small flat, lift and a tiny grass area, that is about it.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Emma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to all

Triana thanks again...

My OH has the week off next week, so we'll head to the offices of the company that deals with our community and see what we can do about this penalty thingy!

Fingers crossed
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 8:43 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emma-Louise
Triana thanks again...

My OH has the week off next week, so we'll head to the offices of the company that deals with our community and see what we can do about this penalty thingy!

Fingers crossed
There has been some very good tips posted on here, keep us posted on how it is going.
Best of luck to all the payers.

Cheers