Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Help Has anyone had experience with paying import duty into Spain

Help Has anyone had experience with paying import duty into Spain

Old Aug 11th 2012, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

SUKIE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help Has anyone had experience with paying import duty into Spain

I have ordered four dresses from the east for my first holiday in 12years. I understand I shall have to pay import duty Please is there anyone out there that can advise me how...... I will have to pay...how long my dresses will
take after payment to be delivered to Benidorm... I am begining to think they will not reach me in time I can just imagin the probems if I am not here to take delivery for a month.........
Old Aug 11th 2012, 8:32 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Has anyone had experience with paying import duty into Spain

Originally Posted by SUKIE
I have ordered four dresses from the east for my first holiday in 12years. I understand I shall have to pay import duty Please is there anyone out there that can advise me how...... I will have to pay...how long my dresses will
take after payment to be delivered to Benidorm... I am begining to think they will not reach me in time I can just imagin the probems if I am not here to take delivery for a month.........
Hi and welcome to the forum! You'd do better to post again on the Spain forum, with a few more details, and someone may be able to advise.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 8:22 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sukie,

Welcome to BE.

I'm going to move this thread into the Spain forum for you, and hopefully one of our embers who hangs out in that section will be able to shed some light on our question.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sukie. I've had no problems paying duty. It can happen several ways depending on how the item reaches you. If it comes through a courier you are telephoned to ask whether you will pay the duty. I paid to the van driver and got an immediate receipt followed by a more professional looking Factura through the post. If it comes through the post sometimes the post person asks you to pay the duty. I have never had any problems though with small orders for personal items up to a fairly big business order from China. There are people on here who say their goods wind up in some kind of waystation but I don't think that is common for small orders. It's much more likely your postie or courier will hand you a little bill and expect you to pay up then and there.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 10:08 am
Just Joined

SUKIE is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I guess you are Angie...Thank you for taking time out to help with my question I looked at your web site it all looks very interesting My husbband and I did a self renvovation when we first came to Spain , and I have always been interested in crafts and arts dabbling with many over the years I wish you well and thanks again.....Sukie.:
Old Aug 14th 2012, 10:51 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary