Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Help with Furnishing a villa in Pinoso!

Help with Furnishing a villa in Pinoso!

Old Apr 30th 2014, 9:54 am
Just Joined

9249donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with Furnishing a villa in Pinoso!

We've just had an offer on a villa in Pinoso accepted so hope to be moving there soon. The property will be unfurnished so I will have to buy everything; linen, beds, kitchen 'stuff', garden furniture & satellite dish/tv's etc.

Can you please advise where there are shops that can cater for all of household needs. I love Dunelm in the UK so is there anywhere comparable? What about furniture stores? Is there an IKEA nearby?

I don't mind second hand furniture as long as I can get it to Pinoso without too much cost.

Is there a local website for Pinoso?

Thanks for all your suggestions
Old Apr 30th 2014, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

MrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Help with Furnishing a villa in Pinoso!

Hi, and welcome.

Congratulations on your purchase and your imminent move.

We just went through the same thing about 4 weeks ago when we completed on a villa in Trigo, about 5 miles out of Pinoso. We found that Murcia was the best place to go for "stuff". There was a great Ikea for all the usual fare, and also Eroski and Carrefour for the electricals. We found Eroski cheaper than Carrefour. For small household stuff like mugs, rugs, cables, adaptors etc., we went to the local Chinese shops in Pinoso and we bought our TV from the local electrical shop in Pinoso too.

One thing to note though was that we took our own duvet covers and pillow cases out in hand luggage thinking we would get duvets and pillows in Spain but Ikea's duvets and pillows were a completely different (smaller) size and the "bed in a bag" sets that the local Chinese shop was selling were extortionately priced. We made do with a small Ikea duvet and square pillows for the five days we were actually in the house in March, but we're driving down to the house in July so we'll be taking our own duvets and pillows with us then.

For second-hand furniture get in contact with "Barneys" in Pinoso. It's an animal rescue organisation but I think it the ex-pats who are involved with it have good knowledge of who is moving/selling etc., and may well be able to point you in the direction of furniture locally. I know that there's a lovely wood burning stove going somewhere :-) You'll be able to make contact online before you get there.

Hope that helps.

Elaine

Last edited by MrsMac59; Apr 30th 2014 at 11:16 am. Reason: Additional information came to mind
Old Apr 30th 2014, 11:28 am
Just Joined

Elaine, that is soooo helpful thank you so much!

We were wondering whether it was better to buy stuff in the UK & drive down with it, but it sounds like we should find what we need there. Thanks for the advice regarding the duvets, that's very useful to know.
Old Apr 30th 2014, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

dorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond repute

There's a Primark shop in Murcia and I believe there's one in Elch also quite near.. they sell British sized quilts etc.

There are also weekly auctions at Rafaels and fortnightly auctions at the manor house Nr Pinoso. I have acquired most of my "stuff" from them.

on Facebook there are buying and selling sites for Pinoso and Hondon... bargains to be had there too. I got a brand new Iphone yesterday for 150€ fabulous.

I live just outside Pinoso so if I can be of any help let me know x

Jan
Old Apr 30th 2014, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

flotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond repute

If you go down to murcia then it maybe worth dropping into the Corte Ingles outlet factory shop at La Serrata as you enter molina de Segura, although its mainly clothes they often have furniture and household linen, this week they had lots of cutlery, pots and pan etc. Its hit or miss but only 2 minutes off the motorway and up to 70% price reduction. Also in Nouveau Condiminium in Murcia as well as primark you also have Casa which has loads of kitchenware etc and also Zara home which has bed linens and also quilted covers. There is also a shop called Sibarus which does setees, you chose a style then the fabric and it is made for you and delivered to your house. Remember that in july all these places will be having their sales. Further into Murcia you have El tirol which is the big out of town CorteIngles (follow signs for the zoo) . When we moved we went everywhere decided what we wanted from each place then hired a van for the day, planned a route and just loaded up. Ikea we found had the best selection of outside furniture, media mart was the cheapest for domestic appliances but I do not know what they charge for delivery. If you want traditional style furniture there are a couple of big shops in Cieza which do whole bedroom sets in various styles (bed, chest of drawers, wardrobes etc) also solid living room and dining furniture one of them also has a shop in the town centre which is more modern, they often have end of line stuff but again the price comes down even further in July.
Old Apr 30th 2014, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a Makro card in the UK? If so you can use it in the store at Elche!

As ever once you are there you will be amazed at how many Brits are in the area and most of them are very helpful to newcomers. Sat dish you have fortunaa sat close, but try 'theGuy' on here. Not really his area but he is very helpful and even driving from the coastal area was cheaper than others.
Old May 6th 2014, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

Thank you to you all for your help & advice, you've been fabulous Now I have somewhere to start
Old May 7th 2014, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

MrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud of

When do you complete on your villa?
Old May 7th 2014, 6:43 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to furnish your entire property by visiting one shopping centre half-an-hours drive from Pinoso, here it is;

http://www.yourspain.net/la-zenia-bo...rihuela-costa/
Old May 9th 2014, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

The deposit contract is being signed on Monday, once a completion date has been agreed - hopefully early June.

We will also be looking to build a swimming pool & will need a decorator to paint the interior of the villa white. If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know!
Old May 10th 2014, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

You are fortunate living in Pinoso and coming under Alicante region it should be quite cheap to put the pool in. We are just 6 miles away but in Murcia region, our town hall charged us 295€ for the licence for the pool PLUS 520€ for something called tasa municipal or municipal tax. Nobody, not the builder or the lady on the town hall desk could explain what it was for, just that we had to pay it! The builder said only our townhall in the whole area charges this!

Our pool is now finished and we are exceptionally pleased with the work, 14.500€ for a 10metre x 5metre pool, lights tiles shower everything from breaking ground to final landscaping- not done by the myriad of english who charge over the odds for it or even spanish. All work was done by a team of Ukrainians who have lived here for over 12 years.

Should you wish the number send me a pm and I will send it privately.

Last edited by Bri and Katee; May 10th 2014 at 5:42 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2014, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

David Stagg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. We have just signed a contract for a villa with pool in Las Casicas just outside Fortuna. Really looking forward. The villa has an underbuild which will need cementing and tiling, could you recommend a local builder please? Best David