British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   HELP!! CODED KEY NEEDED FOR MERC (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/help-coded-key-needed-merc-650733/)

hallega Jan 22nd 2010 4:37 pm

HELP!! CODED KEY NEEDED FOR MERC

Hubby and son on way to house in a Merc Atago lorry, key bent in lock, if they stop they won't be able to get it going again!!

Where can they get a coded key from, they are on the coast road about three hours from Nerja coming from Barcelona.

Thanks

jdr Jan 22nd 2010 4:46 pm

Re: HELP!! CODED KEY NEEDED FOR MERC

Originally Posted by hallega (Post 8273082)
Hubby and son on way to house in a Merc Atago lorry, key bent in lock, if they stop they won't be able to get it going again!!

Where can they get a coded key from, they are on the coast road about three hours from Nerja coming from Barcelona.

Thanks

I think you can only get them from main dealers with proof of ownership.

VFR Jan 22nd 2010 4:50 pm

It will of course have to be a Mercedes Commercial dealer & leave the bugger running.

hallega Jan 22nd 2010 5:03 pm

Thanks for the information about the main dealer, I rang a mechanic in Torrox and he suggested a merc dealer in Velez Malaga, apparently they should be open tomorrow, but whether a key can be got at such short notice is anyone's guess.

vox populia Jan 22nd 2010 5:26 pm

Only Main dealer Mercedes can help you and it takes about 3/4 days as it is factory ordered, been there!! wish you luck.

sparkplug Jan 22nd 2010 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by hallega (Post 8273141)
Thanks for the information about the main dealer, I rang a mechanic in Torrox and he suggested a merc dealer in Velez Malaga, apparently they should be open tomorrow, but whether a key can be got at such short notice is anyone's guess.

if it had been UK I know a man who can.
is the key jammed?

sparkplug Jan 22nd 2010 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by sparkplug (Post 8273276)
if it had been UK I know a man who can.
is the key jammed?

I´ll sen you a PM with his number - his advice is free!

hallega Jan 27th 2010 5:11 pm

I've passed on the message to my son, many thanks.

Last night 200 killometers from Barcelona, whilst asleep, he got visitors in his cab, they took all his clothes, wallet etc., He found an old pair of jeans and chased them, shouted at them to take the money, but give back the wallet because it has a photo of his daughter in it (thought they might have some sort of heart). They asked about the cards and he said no good to them only for the firm's use for diesel, they believed him and threw it all back and his clothes, took 25 euros and ran when he promised not to call the police, (luckily he speaks spanish, they appeared to be Algerian.
He probably left the door open (stupid boy) shut the curtains and fell asleep, surrounded by other lorries!
Then they had the gall to come back into the car park as he drove away (he thought it wise to get back on the road after that)
AMAZING!!! Lucky he didn't get his blooming throat cut eh.