Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Help Applying for Spanish Residence in Marbella

Help Applying for Spanish Residence in Marbella

Old Oct 13th 2014, 3:05 am
Just Joined

MovingtoMarbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help Applying for Spanish Residence in Marbella

Hello I am an Australian who has a UK Passport and me and my 2 daughters are moving to Marbella in December 2014. The Spanish Consulate told me if I travel to Spain on my UK Passport I am able to reside in Spain. Then I have 3 months to apply for Spanish Residence. I want to know if anyone can help me with some questions regarding the application. A friend of mine is going to make a Work contract up for me, but I understand I need to prove that I can support myself and my children financially. How is this done? some blogs say you have to have 5200 euros per person in a Spanish Bank account. But I am in Australia how can I put the money into a Spanish Bank account if I am not in Spain to open a Spanish Bank account in my name. does anyone know if I show an Australian Bank account with this amount in it, is that sufficient? Any other tips from anyone who has applied for Spanish Residence in Marbella would be very much appreciated. As I hear the requirements and strictness varies from city to city.
Old Oct 13th 2014, 6:22 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Applying for Spanish Residence in Marbella

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary