Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Hello to all, I'm back!!

Wikiposts

Hello to all, I'm back!!

Old May 17th 2007, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Compost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really nice
Default Hello to all, I'm back!!

Hello there, to new and old alike. Congrats to onlineamiga and Lionda things have really moved on for you while I've been away.

At last my flat is sold and my stuff is in storage in Alhaurin. I am moving in to my house on 4th June. The house is not completely ready, but the downstairs rooms will be, and the building secure enough to move my stuff in. The bathroom will be functional, and the old hob and sink plumbed in, while I make a decision about the kitchen. I don't want anything too hi tech. A friend is coming with me to carry my excess baggage and help me organise myself. Will actually be flying in on 3rd and staying in a hotel overnight.

At the moment I'm living in temporary accommodation, with a good friend, hence I am able to use his computer, did try an internet cafe, but had difficulties at first with logging in. Sale completed on 9th May. I was very happy and relieved, and a bit sad too.

My last day at work is on 27th May. It all feels rather odd. The last time I saw the house it was pretty much a heap of rubble, where holes had been knocked out for the new windows and doors. Can't wait to see it more complete, and secure.

I have just bought my one way ticket My friend has a return ticket, and although I feel excited at the prospect of being able to stay this time, I can't quite get my head around the idea, and I'm beginning to run out of time to see people before I go. Consequently my time is taken up with trying to reduce the stuff I have left to a reasonable amount, sorting documents, seeing people, and trying not to buy more stuff.

The carrier that I went with agreed to water three boxes of house plants that I couldn't bear to get rid of, for a month. I'm hoping that it will not be too late to start some tomatoes off (plants at least).

Anyway must be off, as I have to do the rounds again tomorrow.

Will continue to post while I'm here.

Brenda.
Old May 17th 2007, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

kaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to all
Default Re: Hello to all, I'm back!!

Hi Brenda

Welcome back to the site. It's great that all is going to plan for you. Good luck and best wishes with the move
Old May 17th 2007, 7:12 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

good luck with it all, I was wondering where you had gone.
My friend seems to grow tomatoe plants all through the summer I am not a gardener so I really dont know, but she has plants going most of the time.
You will soon call the house in Spain home we did.
We moved in our house after nearly a year long restoration , but then only in to a small appartment at the back of the house. The second one is now being worked on by my other half. We then have another that will be ours and then I cant bare to think of all the rest that has to be done.
Just look at it as a great adventure and love each day as it comes
Sharon
Old May 17th 2007, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Compost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really nice

I know what you mean Sharon. I don't seem to have stopped for what seems an age, just going throughlist after list of things to do, and calls to make, and never seeming to get to the end of them. I am quite enjoying it however, and it does feel like an adventure, particularly now that my flat is sold. I will feel more settled when I can see the house in a more habitable condition. I have been over quite a few times now, so have got to know my way around the town. Also I have got to know the house quite well too, spent a lot of time planning the alterations etc. I'm very pleased with the way it's going, and looking forward to being around while the work is being finished.
Old May 23rd 2007, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Brenda,
It's really nice to hear from you again
Life certainly sounds very busy and exciting for you at the moment!
I remember you saying that your flat sale had gone through, so that was obviously a big relief.
It's great that you've been able to get over to Alhaurin several times, and already know your way around pretty well
Good news to know that the work in your new place is coming along well, and to your satisfaction.
I bet that you're constantly thinking and planning for your new life, and now it's all so close it must be really exciting.
Good on you, for going it alone
I wish you much happiness, and a safe journey on 3rd June - and will look forward to hearing how you're settling in.
Don't forget to pack that Gardening in Spain book!
Will you be sad to leave your job at all? Have you been there a long time?

Have you seen this thread at all? http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=452492
Someone would like to know more about life in Alhaurin.

Anyway Brenda, enjoy your last week or so in Blighty - and here's to a fantastic new life for you over here

Wishing you all the very best,
Sam.
Old May 23rd 2007, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

skippernicky is on a distinguished road

Hi Brenda. I can imaging the mixed emotions you must be going through at the moment, as we are in a similar situation, (Waiting for the house to go through, making plans for Spain, sorting out things in the Uk), So enjoy your last few days here and get ready for the adventure of your life.
Well done and Good luck.
Old May 23rd 2007, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Compost Mentis
Hello there, to new and old alike. Congrats to onlineamiga and Lionda things have really moved on for you while I've been away.

At last my flat is sold and my stuff is in storage in Alhaurin. I am moving in to my house on 4th June. The house is not completely ready, but the downstairs rooms will be, and the building secure enough to move my stuff in. The bathroom will be functional, and the old hob and sink plumbed in, while I make a decision about the kitchen. I don't want anything too hi tech. A friend is coming with me to carry my excess baggage and help me organise myself. Will actually be flying in on 3rd and staying in a hotel overnight.

At the moment I'm living in temporary accommodation, with a good friend, hence I am able to use his computer, did try an internet cafe, but had difficulties at first with logging in. Sale completed on 9th May. I was very happy and relieved, and a bit sad too.

My last day at work is on 27th May. It all feels rather odd. The last time I saw the house it was pretty much a heap of rubble, where holes had been knocked out for the new windows and doors. Can't wait to see it more complete, and secure.

I have just bought my one way ticket My friend has a return ticket, and although I feel excited at the prospect of being able to stay this time, I can't quite get my head around the idea, and I'm beginning to run out of time to see people before I go. Consequently my time is taken up with trying to reduce the stuff I have left to a reasonable amount, sorting documents, seeing people, and trying not to buy more stuff.

The carrier that I went with agreed to water three boxes of house plants that I couldn't bear to get rid of, for a month. I'm hoping that it will not be too late to start some tomatoes off (plants at least).

Brenda.

Hi
I am so glad things are going well for you xxxxxx
Old May 24th 2007, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

mrs teapot will become famous soon enough

Great news!!!
Old May 24th 2007, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Compost Mentis

Brenda.
Some Pictures would be nice Por Vavour!! All d best go for it. The Vox
Old May 25th 2007, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

Thankyou for all your good wishes, It does all feel rather odd, almost like it is happening to someone else. I do get flashes of excitement as well. I just want to get on with it now. Had enough of living out of suitcases Dying to see the house, now it's no longer a heap of rubble (fingers crossed).

As soon as I get my computer up and running, I'll send some photos.
Old May 25th 2007, 7:49 am
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Brenda,
My you do sound as if you have been busy and still lots to do,I do hope that you love your new home,its all very exciting for you,as you say it must feel quite weird to have a one way ticket,I wish you all the very best and hope that all goes to plan