Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

healthcare in rural spain

healthcare in rural spain

Old May 31st 2011, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

ForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to all
Default Re: healthcare in rural spain

I don't know about the free health care in Spain. This is the 1st time I got my S1 card & I went to the doctor to see if he can send me for the normal yearly or every 2 year tests I got in Canada.

It seems that Spain is not interested in preventive medicine or is it because I got the UK S1 card? I ask the doctor here for the normal tests I used to get in Canada & he refused, as I don`t have a piece of paper with my medical record from Canada. All he did, was to send me for a few blood tests.
Old May 31st 2011, 4:37 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

My experience of medical treatment in Spain is, They are good but you really do have to let them know you need help or you will just get a prescrition, no questions asked.

As for registering, they seem to find it very difficult to do and have to phone around for help.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 12:03 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Way out of date, but then that sort of post is not unexpected, Spain good, UK bad. I've had precautionary MRI scans, x-rays, all manner of various test. I've had the tests where you send off samples of you poo! Friend of ours had the same, no previous complaints whatsoever, turns out he had blood in his stools, long story short, straight in for 5 hour operation for cancer! All peventative medicine.
Here you go flaming again, is this the only reason you joined here ?
Old Jun 1st 2011, 12:09 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ForHotspot
I don't know about the free health care in Spain. This is the 1st time I got my S1 card & I went to the doctor to see if he can send me for the normal yearly or every 2 year tests I got in Canada.

It seems that Spain is not interested in preventive medicine or is it because I got the UK S1 card? I ask the doctor here for the normal tests I used to get in Canada & he refused, as I don`t have a piece of paper with my medical record from Canada. All he did, was to send me for a few blood tests.
Canada`s health service is good, but you will find Spains is also good, despite what agrodiarrea spouts on about.