healthcare and residency application

healthcare and residency application

Old Nov 16th 2020, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Emmaandrichi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default healthcare and residency application

Hi Everyone,

2 points;
Firstly, a question about healthcare. I currently have private Adeslas for 1 year whilst I settle in here. After which I am planning to work some time for a company but then return to fully online (not autonomo until I can afford it). My question is, once I have started contributing by having a job here, am I then entitled to access the healthcare system here even if I then lose that job? Also after 5 years with my TIE, am I considered a citizen and entitled to healthcare anyway?

Secondly, I have been through the process of getting my TIE for residency. I see on the sede gov website that my result is favourable, and yet nbothing has arrived in the post, is anyone else having this same lag?

Many thanks,
E
Old Nov 16th 2020, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: healthcare and residency application

Re residency
You now need to make an appointment for the second stage at national police station, involving fingerprinting, submission of photograph and a few other documents. It's a simple procedure and when finished, you will receive a statement about the next stage, which is collection of TIE from the same station, usually about a month later.
Old Nov 16th 2020, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emmaandrichi
Hi Everyone,

2 points;
Firstly, a question about healthcare. I currently have private Adeslas for 1 year whilst I settle in here. After which I am planning to work some time for a company but then return to fully online (not autonomo until I can afford it). My question is, once I have started contributing by having a job here, am I then entitled to access the healthcare system here even if I then lose that job? Also after 5 years with my TIE, am I considered a citizen and entitled to healthcare anyway?

Secondly, I have been through the process of getting my TIE for residency. I see on the sede gov website that my result is favourable, and yet nbothing has arrived in the post, is anyone else having this same lag?

Many thanks,
E

Err, here in Spain I don't think you can work as Autonomo and then just start paying once you are earning enough. The charges per month are there even if you only earn €1 euro from day 1 (could be wrong but thats what i was told when I was debating working here part time to supplement my savings) Again someone with better knowledge will be along in a bit.

Full time job will give you benefits based on the length of time you were in work. Not my area but will leave that for someone else to confirm.
You can only become a Citizen but taking the tests and proving language skills and then you can get a Spanish passport after 10 years.

You will alway 'just' be a resident. And I don't think you get a bean for free from the Spanish Government. Fortunately (or not depending) Spain is nothing like the UK in this respect.
Old Nov 17th 2020, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

My free access to Spanish healthcare (SIPS card in Valencia region) was granted given the duration of my residencia and it was a free 'bean' but whether that will still be an option after Brexit for others I do not know.

I will switch over to UK funded next year when I qualify for UK state pension and S1 cover.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/healthca...healthcare.All residents in Spain need to register to access healthcare.

At the moment, UK nationals usually access the Spanish national health system in one of these ways:
  • through entitlement to healthcare as a permanent resident if they’ve lived in Spain for 5 years
  • through entitlement to healthcare if they’re employed or self-employed in Spain
  • paying directly into the public health insurance scheme (Convenio Especial)
  • registering a UK-issued S1 form with the social security office
  • using a UK-issued European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) for temporary stays

Old Nov 18th 2020, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

inbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond repute

I don´t know anyone who gets free healthcare as a result of being a resident for 5 years.....unless they become a pensioner.
I know it says this on the UK Government website...but I think they are wrong.
Can anyone confirm this?
Old Nov 18th 2020, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

It is not wrong - it is a fact.

I qualified via this route many years ago. I have a fully legal SIPS card (as it is known in Valencia community) there are of course terms and conditions but I suggest you explore further.
Old Nov 18th 2020, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spainrico
It is not wrong - it is a fact.

I qualified via this route many years ago. I have a fully legal SIPS card (as it is known in Valencia community) there are of course terms and conditions but I suggest you explore further.
I have been here 5 years and have 9 month work contracts. I only get 3 months free healthcare after the contract expires then if I dont get another contract I do not get healthcare. Only spanish nationals have free healthcare if they dont contribute. Residents have to contribute unless they are retired irrespective of time lived in Spain
Old Nov 18th 2020, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Anybody legally resident before 24/4/12 (including me) can claim access to Spanish healthcare - but I have heard of people getting access after this date

https://expatsmagazine.org/entitled-...care-in-spain/

Published by Spanish abogados.
Old Nov 20th 2020, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Latest on residency from UK Embassy Brits in Spain:-

We know that many of you, who may have recently moved to Spain and are finding it difficult to get a residency appointment, are concerned that you will not manage to get your TIE before the end of the Transition Period. We understand that this is concerning, but wanted to reassure you on an important point: If you are unable to complete the registration process before 1 January, you will still be protected by the Withdrawal Agreement, as long as you were legally living in Spain before the end of 2020.

When we say “legally living” we mean that you were living here and meeting the current EU free movement rules of working, being self-employed, or having sufficient income and comprehensive healthcare cover to support you during your retirement or studies. This document is helpful in explaining the citizens’ rights elements of the Agreement: https://www.gov.uk/…/withdrawal-agreement-explainer-for-par….

Your rights come from your living in Spain before 31 December, not from possessing the residency card itself. Therefore, we recommend you have as much documentation in place to demonstrate that you were legally living here before the end of the Transition Period as possible. That might include, but not be limited to, a padron certificate, utility bill, healthcare policy, work contract or flight ticket.

If you are having difficulties with your residency application, remember there are three organisations, who have received funding to support UK Nationals with this, so please do contact them for help. You can find their details here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-spain…
Old Nov 21st 2020, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

"Your rights come from your living in Spain before 31 December, not from possessing the residency card itself"

True on the face of it however it's critical to have at least completed the first step towards acquiring residency by that date which is submitting form EX-20.

Many sources are saying that as long as you are living here before Dec 31st then you will have until the end of June 2021 to make your application but they are wrong.
Old Nov 21st 2020, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emmaandrichi
Also after 5 years with my TIE, am I considered a citizen and entitled to healthcare anyway?
Residence and citizenship are two entirely separate things, you become a citizen only after 10 years of legal residence and then by applying for it and passing the various tests that the government set for such applicants such a competency in Spanish and knowledge of Spanish history and culture etc.
Old Nov 25th 2020, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

pjbcn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I'm trying to sign up for public healthcare with the convenio especial in Cataluña, I'm British, have had green residence card for 2 years, not working, no social security payments, not retired.

I'm a bit confused as to this from the list of documents requireed on the Catsalut website "Documento emitido por el INSS mediante el que se credita no tener acceso a un sistema protección sanitaria por cualquier otro título."

Also looking at other communities' websites eg Andalusia:

"No tener acceso a un sistema de protección sanitaria pública por cualquier otro título, ya sea por aplicación de la normativa nacional, de los reglamentos comunitarios en materia de Seguridad Social o de los convenios bilaterales que en dicha materia hayan sido suscritos por España con otros países"

Anyone have ideas on what exactly this is and how to get it? Can't see anything on the Seguridad Social website on their list of certificates.
Old Nov 25th 2020, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pjbcn
Hi

I'm trying to sign up for public healthcare with the convenio especial in Cataluña, I'm British, have had green residence card for 2 years, not working, no social security payments, not retired.

I'm a bit confused as to this from the list of documents requireed on the Catsalut website "Documento emitido por el INSS mediante el que se credita no tener acceso a un sistema protección sanitaria por cualquier otro título."

Also looking at other communities' websites eg Andalusia:

"No tener acceso a un sistema de protección sanitaria pública por cualquier otro título, ya sea por aplicación de la normativa nacional, de los reglamentos comunitarios en materia de Seguridad Social o de los convenios bilaterales que en dicha materia hayan sido suscritos por España con otros países"

Anyone have ideas on what exactly this is and how to get it? Can't see anything on the Seguridad Social website on their list of certificates.
It looks like its referring to the Universal healthcare provision where you are deemed to be unable to recieve cover from your home country etc.