Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Healthcare Options - Advice and Comments Please

Healthcare Options - Advice and Comments Please

Old Nov 6th 2009, 8:43 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Healthcare Options - Advice and Comments Please

Originally Posted by Madridboy
Is there a link to show how to calculate what you would be entitled or not entitled to?
I was an employee in the UK since the day I left school at the age of 16 for 14 years then was self employed for 2 years then moved to Spain and was self employed for 2 years and am now an employee in Spain. I'm guessing I'll just recieve my Spanish pension as long as I continue to contribute over here.
You can get a pension forecast from the Pension people in the UK at any time, your 16 years will entitle you to more than half the UK pension when the qualifying period is reduced to 30 years, next year, I think.

You will know your Spanish pension entitlement from here, the pension is currently higher than the UK one.

I don’t know the correct procedures when the time comes, and you’ve got some years to work it all out. My sometimes clever wife is an interpreter and she has sorted out several pension situations for UK people who have run businesses here in Spain for many years and paid into the Spanish system.

Bearing in mind that walls have ears, most of them have done extremely well, but you need to think it through and tick the right boxes at the right time. You’ve got plenty of time, haven’t you?
Old Nov 6th 2009, 8:48 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
You can get a pension forecast from the Pension people in the UK at any time, your 16 years will entitle you to more than half the UK pension when the qualifying period is reduced to 30 years, next year, I think.

You will know your Spanish pension entitlement from here, the pension is currently higher than the UK one.

I don’t know the correct procedures when the time comes, and you’ve got some years to work it all out. My sometimes clever wife is an interpreter and she has sorted out several pension situations for UK people who have run businesses here in Spain for many years and paid into the Spanish system.

Bearing in mind that walls have ears, most of them have done extremely well, but you need to think it through and tick the right boxes at the right time. You’ve got plenty of time, haven’t you?
36 now so hoping I've got many years to plan many things. Maybe I can start looking for a markV spitfire now, got plenty of time to restore it lol.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 9:00 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Are you any good with an old Mercedes? I've got one that's dying.