Healthcare

Old Mar 30th 2009, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

polly.walker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Healthcare

I have just read that the Valencian Heathcare Authority are considering withdrawing treatment for British Expat early retirees.

Now I was under the impression that is you are under retirement age you are not entitled to Spanish healthcare anywhere in Spain.

AM I WRONG?

I am 52 and my husband is 51 and we live in Benissa, Alicante.
Could we have been eligable for free heathcare treatment.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Healthcare

Originally Posted by polly.walker
I have just read that the Valencian Heathcare Authority are considering withdrawing treatment for British Expat early retirees.

Now I was under the impression that is you are under retirement age you are not entitled to Spanish healthcare anywhere in Spain.

AM I WRONG?

I am 52 and my husband is 51 and we live in Benissa, Alicante.
Could we have been eligable for free heathcare treatment.
I dont know how recently it has changed if at all but I took someone (about 4 months ago) to a local Dr´s with their EHIC cards, they were then given their SIP cards which covered them..cant remember how long for
Old Mar 30th 2009, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

LittleWeed is a jewel in the roughLittleWeed is a jewel in the roughLittleWeed is a jewel in the roughLittleWeed is a jewel in the roughLittleWeed is a jewel in the rough

Hi, here´s a link to British Emabssy website statement about health in Valencia,

http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/help-...care-valencia/
Old Apr 1st 2009, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

PaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nice

Hi,

In Murcia its a joke, even with all the relevent forms from Newcastle giving you 2 years medical and a supposed card, Murcian authorities won´t even accept it, pre retirement age, you either work or are self employed paying contributions, or you go private.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by PaulLes
Hi,

In Murcia its a joke, even with all the relevent forms from Newcastle giving you 2 years medical and a supposed card, Murcian authorities won´t even accept it, pre retirement age, you either work or are self employed paying contributions, or you go private.
Nope I registered my E106 at ABanilla, Centro de Salud and no probs for three years, didnt get a card just got the form stamped and now on the Dr list in Barinas,