British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Health insurance and Tax (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/health-insurance-tax-915541/)

thegolfer Aug 3rd 2018 10:17 pm

Re: Health insurance and Tax
 

Originally Posted by 1sexsmith (Post 12542646)
Guys .This is a wild rumour being circulated by I imagine third hand translations.Please read the actual legislation IN SPANISH. I will save lots of phone calls to various agencies which is now happening

I can't paste the required article at the moment but I can assure you the law does not apply to UK expat.

The reason I am doing this is my wife works for a law firm and all day Brits have been shouting at her about how they have been swindled into buying insurances and CE . And there is this new law etc. None of them speak Spanish and they all rely on either the grapevine or Google translates and now believe they are experts in law. Please stop it

Today. Aug 3. Read it please

Kaipa, this is written by a Venezuelan journalist for an digital publication. What you are repeatedly saying is NOT correct and NOT at all what the decree says. You seem desperate for it NOT to be true from your multiple postings on other forums under various guises.

In the Decree it clearly states the following ..... "The universal health will be valid in Spain from tomorrow. The measure guarantees the right to health protection and healthcare to "all persons with Spanish nationality and foreigners who have established their residence in Spanish territory." This has been determined by the Royal Decree of the Government that has been published on Monday in the Official State Gazette (BOE)".

FACT.......get over it and stop spreading misinformation

1sexsmith Aug 3rd 2018 10:24 pm

Re: Health insurance and Tax
 
What on earth does the nationality of the journalist or the platform of production have do with facts? The decree does not cover all residents as is outlined in the decree articulo 3
. I am merely pointing out that you are raising people's hopes based on conjecture not fact.

lurchio Aug 3rd 2018 10:35 pm

Re: Health insurance and Tax
 
Guys, we have all been here before with new stuff.... believe me. Everything becomes clear in the fullness of time here!

As I said, I will be the test case. 61 years if age, so not eligible for an S1 ,not having NHS UK cover I can transfer, but paying for the Convenio Especial. I cannot imagine they will leave it too long if there's a change due to any back dated refunds!

So, we have all made our points wherever and under whatever guise for what ever reason. The proof of the pudding etc.

Like I said, been here before.

thegolfer Aug 3rd 2018 10:44 pm

Re: Health insurance and Tax
 

Originally Posted by 1sexsmith (Post 12542813)
What on earth does the nationality of the journalist or the platform of production have do with facts? The decree does not cover all residents as is outlined in the decree articulo 3
. I am merely pointing out that you are raising people's hopes based on conjecture not fact.

Kaipa mate, Just pointing out that you are scouring the internet and this is all you can come up with in your seemingly (post after post after post of on other forums. Only a few here several of which have been already deleted as you have only joined here today to spread your misinformation) desperate hope that Ex pats U.K in Particular don't receive what is stated in the Decree.....are you living here? Or Scotland

lurchio Aug 3rd 2018 11:08 pm

Re: Health insurance and Tax
 
Wait a minute, multiple names on multiple forums, partner that works in Solicitors office, 'robust' / sensational replies, just joined today..... Avocado is that you?

1sexsmith Aug 3rd 2018 11:08 pm

Re: Health insurance and Tax
 
With all due respect I am not the author of the article. Yes maybe I have been looking for articles written by persons not on UK forums. Is that a crime? This is a published article today by ( as far as I can determine) a digital platform focussing on Spainish affairs. I assume that the journalist is a Spanish speaker as you seem to know his nationality but I don't follow your objection to him being Venezuelan. He seems to have made a fairly good assessment of the decree. Where is the misinformation? I take it you are a native Spanish speaker? I just ask as you place the official decree in English which I am not sure is available.

thegolfer Aug 4th 2018 6:50 am

Re: Health insurance and Tax
 

Originally Posted by 1sexsmith (Post 12542827)
With all due respect I am not the author of the article. Yes maybe I have been looking for articles written by persons not on UK forums. Is that a crime? This is a published article today by ( as far as I can determine) a digital platform focussing on Spainish affairs. I assume that the journalist is a Spanish speaker as you seem to know his nationality but I don't follow your objection to him being Venezuelan. He seems to have made a fairly good assessment of the decree. Where is the misinformation? I take it you are a native Spanish speaker? I just ask as you place the official decree in English which I am not sure is available.

You know what you've been up to and know full well what the Decree says......reasons only known to yourself you desperately want them to not be correct and you blitzing this and other forums ( one in particular) is childish. Just accept what the governments Decree says rather than an unknown hack on a small digital platform who knows no more than anyone else. Now just get over it. Just wait and see how it pans out.

1sexsmith Aug 4th 2018 7:29 am

Re: Health insurance and Tax
 
I am sorry but why are you being so aggressive. I would love it to be the case that there is free healthcare. Who wouldn't? I simply put up an article that popped up on my phone onto two forums as a way of throwing light on new development that effects many of us. Where is the crime? I don't see how your interpretation of the law is any better than anyone else's. As I said before my wife's firm was fielding lots of enqiries based on what they consider rumours as opposed to solid official lines. As far as all this goes nothing has changed and legal EU residents require proof of healthcare cover. If you would show me an article that deals with this aspect of the law in as much detail as the one by the Venezuelan "hack" then that would help add to the debate. I am not sure writing in bold red letters makes something more truthful though

thegolfer Aug 4th 2018 8:41 am

Re: Health insurance and Tax
 
An article that just popped up on your phone??? Do me a favour, you spent hours trying to find one. Just do yourself a favour and Read the Decree wherever you are Scotland as you say on one forum or Spain. Good to see your wife has two jobs...depending on which forum you post on.....I have NOT interpreted anything whatsoever in any post, I just take issue with your blatant twisting of what is written in the Decree. I'm sure many here will have read your "outpourings" as Kaipa on another forum and have reached their own conclusions....as to your motives....who knows.

bobd22 Aug 4th 2018 8:48 am

Re: Health insurance and Tax
 

Originally Posted by thegolfer (Post 12542821)
. Only a few here several of which have been already deleted as you have only joined here today to spread your misinformation) desperate hope that Ex pats U.K in Particular don't receive what is stated in the Decree.....are you living here? Or Scotland

It also seems that you have followed them onto the forum only today in order to no doubt continue an argument from another forum? What he says as far as I have read is in fact currently fact. If someone wishes to obtain residency NOW they must comply with the current rules one of which is proving you have health cover either by means of an S1 or private full cover. What happens post Brexit should there be no deal is pure speculation as we do not in fact know anything for certain re that. Let's face it all we read on the new Spanish health care change is translated from Spanish one word translated wrongly could change the whole thing drastically. As Lurchio says let's wait and see but until the regulations are formally changed for expats getting health care and the situation is known properly, we simply don't know. I can't see any point in simply arguing in print on the forum as it doesn't really help anyone.

thegolfer Aug 4th 2018 9:08 am

Re: Health insurance and Tax
 
Totally agree, as I said in my post above its just best to "Just wait and see how it pans out."

Fred James Aug 4th 2018 10:17 am

Re: Health insurance and Tax
 
I agree. It is pointless to carry on arguing about things when nobody knows what the outcome will be. Ultimately, whatever the legal documents say, the interpretation of it will be down to the guy with the rubber stamp - and it's even more pointless to try and argue with him. If this arguing continues I will close the thread.

So, can we please get back to answering the those parts of the original question that have not been answered, particularly the last question

any recommendations for health care insurance, and any pitfalls to look out for?

lurchio Aug 4th 2018 2:59 pm

Re: Health insurance and Tax
 
The three main points for health insurance:

It is suitable for Residencia. No excesses, no co payments and equivalent to NHS Spain cover, including in patient, tests and treatment etc

The provider you choose has General Practice facilities within a reasonable travelling distance of your home. Ideally, the hospital as well. Too many times people become unstuck on this. Including partners travelling hundreds of km's to visit.

Is it a 'pay up front for treatment and claim ' which is Okay but you need the funds to initially pay and be sure you can claim it back OR a card based system, just produce it and they sort it all. Sanitas do this.

They have stopped taking monthly payments on most stuff, due to abuse of the system. Pay one month, get Residencia, then cancel! One year upfront, due to others selfishness.

Good luck. If you decide on an area, you may get more focussed advice on the best providers for that area.

snikpoh Aug 4th 2018 3:12 pm

Re: Health insurance and Tax
 

Originally Posted by lurchio (Post 12543105)
The three main points for health insurance:

It is suitable for Residencia. No excesses, no co payments and equivalent to NHS Spain cover, including in patient, tests and treatment etc

The provider you choose has General Practice facilities within a reasonable travelling distance of your home. Ideally, the hospital as well. Too many times people become unstuck on this. Including partners travelling hundreds of km's to visit.

Is it a 'pay up front for treatment and claim ' which is Okay but you need the funds to initially pay and be sure you can claim it back OR a card based system, just produce it and they sort it all. Sanitas do this.

They have stopped taking monthly payments on most stuff, due to abuse of the system. Pay one month, get Residencia, then cancel! One year upfront, due to others selfishness.

Good luck. If you decide on an area, you may get more focussed advice on the best providers for that area.


Some extranjeria accept co-payments - it's not as clear cut as you suggest

lurchio Aug 4th 2018 4:24 pm

Re: Health insurance and Tax
 
Which ones then, so the OP knows?


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:45 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.