Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Health Insurance Recommendations for TIE please

Health Insurance Recommendations for TIE please

Old Nov 7th 2020, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health Insurance Recommendations for TIE please

Originally Posted by inbarcelona
You will probably be able to join the "CONVENIO ESPECIAL" after you have been on the Padron for a year.
For "probably" I would suggest substituting "may"!

Like so many things in Spain the gap between the legal or official facts of a matter can be from a fag papers width to a chasm removed from it's reality and Convenio Especial is no different.

The fact of this matter is that to be able to apply for Convenio Especial you are supposed to have been both legally resident for a year and on the padron for the same time but that hasn't prevented some regions from accepting just the padron.

Due to it's flaky reputation I hesitate to use this particular source for reference however being allegedly from the British Consulate on this occasion I'll grant it credence yet to emphasise my point in the one breath it states....

"To apply for the scheme, you must have lived in Spain for at least one year and be registered on the padrón,"

yet a few lines further on says....

"The Convenio Especial is accepted by Extranjería/Policial Nacional as proof of access to healthcare when registering for residency."

I rest my case!

I guess the only advice you can really offer then is to give it a punt as potentially you have much to gain but absolutely nothing to lose.
Old Nov 7th 2020, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health Insurance Recommendations for TIE please

As my director used to say 'Tolerance for ambiguity' (Google it)