Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Health insurance

Health insurance

Old Aug 13th 2019, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Adventureboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Health insurance

hi to everyone I’m just about to move to Tenerife, health care seems to be an issue as I’m not old enough to claim state pension for another 12 years but would be working either. I have an early occupational pension which I’m claiming now. Is health care a pre condition of residency can I choose to pay into the public health care, and to cost of these options. I’ve looked online but there not a great amount of clear information for my set of circumstances. Can anyone give me some advice.

Much appreciated

Simon
Old Aug 13th 2019, 12:36 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health insurance

Originally Posted by Adventureboy
hi to everyone I’m just about to move to Tenerife, health care seems to be an issue as I’m not old enough to claim state pension for another 12 years but would be working either. I have an early occupational pension which I’m claiming now. Is health care a pre condition of residency can I choose to pay into the public health care, and to cost of these options. I’ve looked online but there not a great amount of clear information for my set of circumstances. Can anyone give me some advice.

Much appreciated

Simon
Yes, you will need private health care to become resident.
Old Aug 13th 2019, 1:39 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Are you are retiring and receiving pension early due to health issue?
Private insurance can be prohibitively expensive with pre-existing conditions. I would suggest you go online to get a quote.
Old Aug 13th 2019, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by missile
Are you are retiring and receiving pension early due to health issue?
Private insurance can be prohibitively expensive with pre-existing conditions. I would suggest you go online to get a quote.
hi no I have no health issues in fact I’m super fit. As I was working in the health and fitness education industry. I have a quote for standard insurers for 62 Euro per month is this reasonable or is there cheaper out there

thank again
Old Aug 13th 2019, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adventureboy

hi no I have no health issues in fact I’m super fit. As I was working in the health and fitness education industry. I have a quote for standard insurers for 62 Euro per month is this reasonable or is there cheaper out there

thank again
please look at the small print 🤧sounds good? A friend had a good quote but had 💔 heart problems but was not covered!!! 62 euros 💶 is good
Old Aug 13th 2019, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute

I use Medifiat and have been with them for many years. I pay annually as they offer a slight reduction that way. There are several companies you could choose from but each has its own set of rules. When I initially did my research Medifiat was the best option, better and cheaper than Sanitas. They provide instant care with a health card which can be used for most medical appointments and if you need a particular test or scan you need authorization which is easy to get.
Old Aug 13th 2019, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

Thank you all so much for the information.

Bless you all

simon