Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Health Insurance

Health Insurance

Old May 2nd 2012, 1:20 am
Just Joined

walker07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Health Insurance

My wife and I are moving to Costa Blanca late July. I appreciate we need health insurance but need help on finding the best value for money company. I am 53 and my wife 48. No history of illness.
Old May 2nd 2012, 5:43 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health Insurance

Originally Posted by walker07
My wife and I are moving to Costa Blanca late July. I appreciate we need health insurance but need help on finding the best value for money company. I am 53 and my wife 48. No history of illness.
there are so many & generally are much better value for money than in the UK

look at Sanitas, ASSSA - so many & if you use the search facility you'll find recommendations for others

the important thing is to check which ones are accepted locally in private medical centres & hospitals - not much point having insurance if you have to travel 100km to use it!!

also, atm, if you have enough NI payments under your belt in the UK you can access state healthcare here for up to 2 years by way of a reciprocal agreement. Contact the DWP in Newcastle & ask about the S1.
Old May 2nd 2012, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Im_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud of
Default Re: Health Insurance

Up to 2.5 years if timed correctly