British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Health Ins. Cover recent heart attack (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/health-ins-cover-recent-heart-attack-927076/)

Trixie1 Aug 8th 2019 2:33 pm

Health Ins. Cover recent heart attack

hi,
I am asking on behalf of a friend who is having difficulties getting health insurance cover due to having had a heart attack last Sept. He does have residency but insurance company said they would not cover it after they had got residency. Health Companies they have applied to say they will not cover or want excessive payments. Andalusia region. Thanks.

el collado kid Aug 8th 2019 3:00 pm

Re: Health Ins. Cover recent heart attack

Originally Posted by Trixie1 (Post 12720482)
hi,
I am asking on behalf of a friend who is having difficulties getting health insurance cover due to having had a heart attack last Sept. He does have residency but insurance company said they would not cover it after they had got residency. Health Companies they have applied to say they will not cover or want excessive payments. Andalusia region. Thanks.

:unsure:when I got private health insurance!!!they would not include existing conditions!!!ie heart.im now on nhs where they do !!! As I’m aware no existing conditions are included on any private insurance

lurchio Aug 8th 2019 3:34 pm

hi,

Hi! If he has residency and has been here more than 12 months , Andalucia have just 're introduced the Convenio Especial, Full Spanish NHS cover with ALL pre existing ailments covered for 60 euros per month (under 65). Bargain. He will have to pay full price for his meds, but I guess he does that now. We were on it when the first phase was offered, local Doctor etc etc. As I said, pre existing is INCLUDED.

Jump on the Servicio Andaluz Salud site it's all there . Good luck to him, hope this helps!

lurchio Aug 9th 2019 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by lurchio (Post 12720502)
Hi! If he has residency and has been here more than 12 months , Andalucia have just 're introduced the Convenio Especial, Full Spanish NHS cover with ALL pre existing ailments covered for 60 euros per month (under 65). Bargain. He will have to pay full price for his meds, but I guess he does that now. We were on it when the first phase was offered, local Doctor etc etc. As I said, pre existing is INCLUDED.

Jump on the Servicio Andaluz Salud site it's all there . Good luck to him, hope this helps!

Hey, don't mention it!!!

missile Aug 10th 2019 9:10 am

Originally Posted by lurchio (Post 12721137)
Hey, don't mention it!!!

LOL :welcome:

el collado kid Aug 13th 2019 8:07 am

hi,

hi trixie:wave:i forgot to say the health care here in spain is very good,,,i have been well looked after with my heart condition also a friend too the hospitals are great:thumbup: