Reload this Page >

health fund help

health fund help

Old Feb 7th 2015, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

conradlutge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default health fund help

------------------------------

I have lived most of my life in Australia. left the UK in 1965.
I have moved to Spain to live, have just bought a flat in Denia. I have receive no pension from the UK but one from Australia. How do I get E121 form?
To make matters worse I sold up my house in Aug 2013. Had a medical check up and was found to have cancer of the colon. Had keyhole surgery to remove it, followed by chemo in. As I was covered by Bupa in Australia tried to transfer to Bupa in Spain, they informed me the premium would be €14,500 a year. I can not afford that, every one else refuses point blank. Say if I had been clear of cancer for 5 years they might. But by then I will be over their age limit to join, I am even now over some health funds age limit as I am 73. As/is there any one with any idea what I can do?????
help please.
Old Feb 7th 2015, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: health fund help

I am a newcomer on this block with a vast knowledge base to be found on this forum and I have no doubt you will receive some considerable advice.

In European terms and here just lets concentrate on the the UK there is a reciprocal agreement between say UK and Spain. The document is for your age an S1 but that gives you the same amount of medical cover as befits a Spanish national. It does not give you the same cover as one could perhaps enjoy in the UK>

Is there a reciprocal agreement between Australia and Spain - I simply do not know. Seemingly you sold you house in Australia then moved to Denia and bought an apartment.

Not sure of the sequence of events.

Let us hope someone with more experience than I can help
Old Feb 7th 2015, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe this helps

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-in-spain

Good luck
Old Feb 7th 2015, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute

Is the question one as to citizenship with Australia or the UK. The OP left the UK in 1965?
Old Feb 7th 2015, 8:15 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by conradlutge

I have moved to Spain to live, have just bought a flat in Denia. I have receive no pension from the UK but one from Australia. How do I get E121 form?
To make matters worse I sold up my house in Aug 2013. Had a medical check up and was found to have cancer of the colon. Had keyhole surgery to remove it, followed by chemo in. As I was covered by Bupa in Australia tried to transfer to Bupa in Spain, they informed me the premium would be €14,500 a year. I can not afford that, every one else refuses point blank. Say if I had been clear of cancer for 5 years they might. But by then I will be over their age limit to join, I am even now over some health funds age limit as I am 73. As/is there any one with any idea what I can do?????
help please.
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 8th 2015, 11:38 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by conradlutge

help please.
unless you are in receipt of a state pension from the UK you aren't entitled to a E121 - now called the S1

you have no choice but to take out private health insurance - but a Spanish company (not BUPA) would be much less expensive - although there will of course be exclusions

here's a link to a comparison site for health insurance Rastreator.com™ - Comparador de Seguros de Salud

after you have been a registered resident for 12 months you can join the 'buy in' state healthcare convenio especial at your age it costs (atm) 157€ a month - but there are no exclusions
Old Feb 8th 2015, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

conradlutge is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lynnxa
unless you are in receipt of a state pension from the UK you aren't entitled to a E121 - now called the S1

you have no choice but to take out private health insurance - but a Spanish company (not BUPA) would be much less expensive - although there will of course be exclusions

here's a link to a comparison site for health insurance Rastreator.com™ - Comparador de Seguros de Salud

after you have been a registered resident for 12 months you can join the 'buy in' state healthcare convenio especial at your age it costs (atm) 157€ a month - but there are no exclusions
Hi! You sound as though you know what is what. Thanks for reply's, Porth, Lynnxa, Spainrico. mavis.