Reload this Page >

Health care for early retirees in Valencia

Wikiposts

Health care for early retirees in Valencia

Old Dec 20th 2012, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

Albi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Health care for early retirees in Valencia

Does the Valencian Health Service charge early retirees?
Old Dec 20th 2012, 9:29 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health care for early retirees in Valencia

Originally Posted by Albi
Does the Valencian Health Service charge early retirees?
Well .......

There was a new law passed earlier this year which came into force on 1st September (IIRC) which states that everyone is now entitled to free healthcare provided they are legally here (tax, residencia, padron etc.) and earn less than 100k euros per year.

However, many SS offices are still unaware of this law. Each office seems to interpret the rules differently. We applied some weeks (months?) ago and were told that until our card came through, we would have to pay. Others have been told to take the paperwork to their health centre and they will be instantly issued with a temporary card. So who knows!?
Old Dec 20th 2012, 9:39 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Dec 20th 2012, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for info, very helpful we will look into it!
Old Dec 21st 2012, 12:02 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Well .......

There was a new law passed earlier this year which came into force on 1st September (IIRC) which states that everyone is now entitled to free healthcare provided they are legally here (tax, residencia, padron etc.) and earn less than 100k euros per year.

However, many SS offices are still unaware of this law. Each office seems to interpret the rules differently. We applied some weeks (months?) ago and were told that until our card came through, we would have to pay. Others have been told to take the paperwork to their health centre and they will be instantly issued with a temporary card. So who knows!?
also ................ it depends when the OP moved here & registered as resident, doesn't it?

if they weren't registered as resident & fiscally resident before April 24th ?? (if memory serves) - then they don't come under the new rules in any case, and would have to have private health insurance unless they qualify for an S1 from UK for up to the first 2 years of residence here
Old Dec 21st 2012, 3:28 am
Just Joined

We have not moved out yet, but just trying to get things straight before we do! So what seems to be the case is that we would not qualify until we were in receipt of state pensions. If that is the case can anybody recommend a good private health insurer (it would be for about a year )
Old Dec 21st 2012, 3:36 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

We have not moved out yet, but just trying to get things straight before we do! So what seems to be the case is that we would not qualify until we were in receipt of state pensions. If that is the case can anybody recommend a good private health insurer (it would be for about a year )
If you only have a year to wait before you qualify for a UK state pension and have been making social security contributions in the UK you may be eligible for up to two years cover if you can get Form S1 from the DWP.

If either of you reach pensionable age within those two years you would then have full cover anyway.
Old Dec 21st 2012, 3:50 am
Just Joined

Thank you for all replies, we actually retired on private pensions more than 2 years ago so would be looking at private healthcare for 1 year I think.
Old Dec 21st 2012, 4:06 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for all replies, we actually retired on private pensions more than 2 years ago so would be looking at private healthcare for 1 year I think.
it might still be worth phoning the DWP to check - I'm not sure how recently your NI contributions have to have been made - but I reckon it's worth the cost of a phone call to find out
Old Dec 21st 2012, 5:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit I wondered about that as I retired at 58 and have full NI contributions however will have been retired at least 3 years before we move full time to Spain? My wife will not be in same situation as although she has her full NI contributions in place she is still working so paying NI.
Old Dec 21st 2012, 5:54 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by bobd22
I must admit I wondered about that as I retired at 58 and have full NI contributions however will have been retired at least 3 years before we move full time to Spain? My wife will not be in same situation as although she has her full NI contributions in place she is still working so paying NI.
I suspect you could be covered as her dependant..... I'd check it out if I were you
Old Dec 21st 2012, 5:59 am
Just Joined

Does anyone know anything about private health care insurance?
Old Dec 21st 2012, 6:23 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Does anyone know anything about private health care insurance?
it's cheaper than in the UK!!

there are tons of companies - if you read through previous discussions you'll find ASSSA. ADESLA, SANITAS & many others recommended

most have websites which you can 'play around on' to get quotes for different levels of cover according to age etc.
Old Dec 21st 2012, 6:25 am
Just Joined

Thanks again I'll look out for previous discussions and look on the net at the various names you have said.
Old Dec 21st 2012, 7:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I suspect you could be covered as her dependant..... I'd check it out if I were you
Thanks I will have to look into it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.