Reload this Page >

Health care costs

Health care costs

Old Feb 5th 2018, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Cutter53 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Health care costs

Hi,
I'm hoping to buy a property in Spain but if they change the rules after Brexit would need health care,can someone give me some idea how much it would cost for a man in his 60's.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 6:33 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health care costs

It will vary depending on your medical history and the level of cover you require. I would suggest you get a quote

As a male age 60, you would have to pay for health care before and it will probably(?) be the same as after Brexit.
Old Feb 6th 2018, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

It depends as has been said on your current health situation. However myself in 60s no health conditions it recently cost me 940 euros for a full years cover. That was cheapest I could get and with prevision medica you must have full cover no co payments for the year otherwise it will not be acceptable. Prevision medica are do not cover whole of Spain but mainly Malaga
Old Feb 6th 2018, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Bigmomma1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have recently obtained a quote for joint Health Cover, I am 61 my wife a bit younger, no pre-existing medical conditions and on no current medications. We got several quotes dependent on the level of cover and co-payments. However, the top of the range, full Monty package, including Dental and even European cover for travelling outside of Spain was €2,600 a year. Obviously this would be cheaper for solo cover. But as previous replies, it is dependent on any pre-existing conditions, current frequency of medications, the level of cover you require and whether you want to take out any co-payments (Part payment of treatments, medications provided)
Old Feb 6th 2018, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

I'm 65 in July and have a pre-existing medical condition for which I have a monthly prescription, I looked online for medical coverage but the cheapest for me was £2,500 per year, but the agent said a Spanish plan would probably work out cheaper, can anyone who has a condition and a cheaper plan let me know who its with and roughly how much please.
Old Feb 6th 2018, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Bigmomma1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cutter53
I'm 65 in July and have a pre-existing medical condition for which I have a monthly prescription, I looked online for medical coverage but the cheapest for me was £2,500 per year, but the agent said a Spanish plan would probably work out cheaper, can anyone who has a condition and a cheaper plan let me know who its with and roughly how much please.
What region of Spain are you looking to live in ? Now I do stand to be corrected here but to the best of my knowledge and belief, a lot, although not all, of the Spanish Healthcare Providers (Agents) operate primarily on a Provence/Regional basis, so it would be easier to do a search for one in the area you intend to reside as they will also provide you with a list of their approved 'Hospitals' and GP's in that area. Unlike the UK where you can literally walk in to any hospital and be treated, in Spain (with the exception of 'Critical Care') your Insurers will use specific hospitals or medical practitioners. In the case of the one I made enquiries with, If, in an emergency, I was taken to the nearest hospital, I (or someone on my behalf) would need to inform my Private Healthcare Provider with the information within 72 hours, if I was medically fit, they would then have me transferred to one of their approved facilities. So, it is more practical, for administrative and logistical purposes to at least know which Hospital or Medical Practitioner to go to in the first place, if you are able that is.
Old Feb 6th 2018, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Looking at the Costa Blanca area.
Old Feb 20th 2018, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Hi, can people from different parts of Spain please provide me with names of private medical insurance companies, I know of Prevision medica in Malaga but would like referrals from Costa Blanca area, Costa brava and more if it's not too much trouble, thanks in advance,
Paul
Old Feb 20th 2018, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

lurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cutter53
Hi, can people from different parts of Spain please provide me with names of private medical insurance companies, I know of Prevision medica in Malaga but would like referrals from Costa Blanca area, Costa brava and more if it's not too much trouble, thanks in advance,
Paul
Try providers like:

Sanitas
Adeslas
Cigna
DKV

Hope this helps, some others may have more suggestions, but the above will be a good start as they are biggies!

Theres also another thread running on this, look in!

Last edited by lurchio; Feb 20th 2018 at 1:34 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2018, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Lurchio, I'll check those out
Old Feb 20th 2018, 7:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

No one can tell us how Brexit will impact on Healthcare for UK-folk in EU. Did Farage and his UKIP pals think of that when telling us lies about leaving ?
Old Feb 20th 2018, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Well nothing we can do about the lies now but if you do know of any health insurance companies in Spain I'd be grateful.
Old Feb 20th 2018, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

lurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
No one can tell us how Brexit will impact on Healthcare for UK-folk in EU. Did Farage and his UKIP pals think of that when telling us lies about leaving ?
Brexit will have nothing to do with Spanish health insurance, nor the Convenio Especial which allows you to 'buy into' the Spanish NHS after a years residency for 60 euros a month ,as that has nothing to do with being an EEC citizen either, so don't worry. The only issue could be continuation of the current reciprocal healthcare and an S1 to access that when you are a UK State pensioner. Nothing is decided on the latter, proposed but not decided.
Worse case scenario is that the Convenio especial for over 65's is 157 euros a month and covers pre existing conditions but NOT prescriptions.

Last edited by lurchio; Feb 20th 2018 at 8:00 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2018, 8:11 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

The government have stated that the S1 system for health cover will continue after Brexit and anyone permanently resident at the Brexit date who is not yet retired, will be eligible when they do retire.

The unanswered question is what happens to new Spanish residents who arrive during the transition period.
Old Feb 20th 2018, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that, hopefully I'll be there by the end of the year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.