Health care

Old Oct 8th 2014, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health care

To assist we are both able to have the support of S1's. Problem is and was we were wishing to have a lengthy holiday in Spain. Due to the new regulations our EHIC card had to be authorised in Newcastle but we were resident in France. In that the UK picks up the tab.

So EHIC covers emergencies and planned existing issues. Sorry Spain says no. Go to wwe.ehic.org.com and see what they say

Then they were worried we had a EHIC card issued in the UK but |lived in France.

Horrific time. Here the last words on the subject. So we brought with us medication for some two months and shipped under refrigerated transport.

Problem the medication can only be prescribed by a Consultant in a hospital as in Denia. Again a problem waiting time for an appointment seven months! So we were five months in limbo.

Here please truly believe me the Salud in Javea is like a third world country.

The Prime Minister of Spain said today a world class service health wise in Spain. I disagree and France is streets ahead.
Old Oct 8th 2014, 3:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes strange how an individual that missuses the EHIC quickly gets condemned yet when countries renege on what they have signed up to provide that seems to be ok!
Old Oct 19th 2014, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

MovingtoMarbs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, as I am an Australian but also have a UK Passport (never resided in UK) I am moving to Marbella in 6 weeks and arriving on my UK Passport. I took out 1 year Travel Insurance for myself and 2 daughters (7 & 11 yrs), does this not count as Health Insurance to obtain residencia? Also I do not have a job yet, how do I show that I have sufficient means of financial support for me and 2 dependants? Can I have my Australian Bank Account statement showing funds translated? Or do they require I have the money in a Spanish Bank account? Also I receive a fortnightly pension for assistance with brining up children (until they are 16 years old) - does this count as income? Any help with how I obtain Spanish Residence will be very appreciated!!!!! But is it compulsary if I want to reside there for a year or more? nothing seems black or white.. only grey - Thanks in advance
Old Oct 19th 2014, 7:34 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MovingtoMarbs
Hi, as I am an Australian but also have a UK Passport (never resided in UK) I am moving to Marbella in 6 weeks and arriving on my UK Passport. I took out 1 year Travel Insurance for myself and 2 daughters (7 & 11 yrs), does this not count as Health Insurance to obtain residencia? Also I do not have a job yet, how do I show that I have sufficient means of financial support for me and 2 dependants? Can I have my Australian Bank Account statement showing funds translated? Or do they require I have the money in a Spanish Bank account? Also I receive a fortnightly pension for assistance with brining up children (until they are 16 years old) - does this count as income? Any help with how I obtain Spanish Residence will be very appreciated!!!!! But is it compulsary if I want to reside there for a year or more? nothing seems black or white.. only grey - Thanks in advance
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Oct 19th 2014, 7:42 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

No, (temporary) travel insurance isn't accepted.

Any funds must (I believe) be in a Spanish bank. That income will be OK, if it comes into a Spanish bank.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 7:09 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

they might accept the Australian bank account, but if they do, they will almost certainly want it officially translated (which means by an official translator who can stamp it) - far simpler to just open a Spanish account & have funds in that - you'll need one anyway

it doesn't matter where the income /funds are from - as long as you have enough to satisfy the funcionario

travel insurance won't be accepted - it needs to be full local health insurance
Old Oct 21st 2014, 12:19 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

You might want to check your travel insurance documents carefully. I have 12 month travel insurance, but it only covers for multiple visits up to 30 days i.e. NOT a holiday duration of 12 months.
Old Nov 20th 2014, 3:25 am
Just Joined

cherryjules is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Helicopteros Sanitarios Healthcare-costa del so Spainl

After extensive research, we are thinking of taking out a member ship with them at least for the couple of years of our move. Just for easier access to a GP service. Then plan to pay into the convenio especial once we qualify residency wise and have a better handle on the Spanish healthcare systems etc. We cannot get private medical insurance due to pre -exsisting conditions.

Has anyone had experience of using this company? I'm interested in real Expats, experiences not statements from users on their website.

Many Thanks

Old Nov 23rd 2014, 10:41 am
Just Joined

MovingtoMarbs is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, my Travel Insurance is a full comprehensive insurance that covers All overseas hospital, medical and dental expences - Unlimited amount of $$$ this is paid for for 1 year. which is the expected length of residency I will have. I would think this is better than health insurance, because health insurance has out of pocket expenses whereas with the travel insurance I am only out of pocket 80 euros to pay for the claim. What you think? is that something that I can explain when applying for the residencia?
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 12:06 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I think
Originally Posted by missile
You might want to check your travel insurance documents carefully. I have 12 month travel insurance, but it only covers for multiple visits up to 30 days i.e. NOT a holiday duration of 12 months.