Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Have you noticed?

Have you noticed?

Old Aug 25th 2007, 10:23 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Have you noticed?

Originally Posted by raine66
Used to live in Maidstone.
Are you in Spain now?
Old Aug 25th 2007, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by silverchick
OOOH you cheeky monkey

Love the new bike bye the way....Got this in my mail today..have you or HG heard of this ? don't know if it is just a fable, the manner of speech sounds a bit old fashioned even for BA..

What small steps are taken to achieve freedom for us all.

This scene allegedly took place on a British Airways flight between
Johannesburg, South Africa & London.

A white woman, about 50 years old, was seated next to a
black man.

Very disturbed by this, she called the air hostess. You
obviously do not see it then?' she asked. You placed me next to a
black man.
I did not agree to sit next to someone from such a repugnant
group. Give me an alternative seat.
'Be calm please, the hostess replied.
Almost all the places on this flight are taken. I will go to
see if another place is available.

The hostess went away & then came back a few minutes later.
Madam, just as I thought, there are no other available seats in Economy
Class.

I spoke to the captain & he informed me that there is also
no seat in Business Class. All the same, we still have one place in
First Class.'

Before the woman could say anything, the hostess continued.
'It is?unusual for our company to permit someone from Economy
Class to sit in First Class. However, given the circumstances, the
captain feels that it would be scandalous to make someone sit next to someone so disgusting.'

She turned to the black guy & said, 'Therefore, Sir, if
you would like to, please collect your hand luggage, a seat awaits
you in First Class.

At that moment, the other passengers, who'd been shocked by
what they had just witnessed, stood up & applauded

This is a true story. If you are against racism, please
send this to all your friends; please do not delete it without
sending it to at least 1 person.

WELL DONE, British Airways
Old Aug 25th 2007, 10:38 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
Love the new bike bye the way....Got this in my mail today..have you or HG heard of this ? don't know if it is just a fable, the manner of speech sounds a bit old fashioned even for BA..

What small steps are taken to achieve freedom for us all.

This scene allegedly took place on a British Airways flight between
Johannesburg, South Africa & London.

A white woman, about 50 years old, was seated next to a
black man.

Very disturbed by this, she called the air hostess. You
obviously do not see it then?' she asked. You placed me next to a
black man.
I did not agree to sit next to someone from such a repugnant
group. Give me an alternative seat.
'Be calm please, the hostess replied.
Almost all the places on this flight are taken. I will go to
see if another place is available.

The hostess went away & then came back a few minutes later.
Madam, just as I thought, there are no other available seats in Economy
Class.

I spoke to the captain & he informed me that there is also
no seat in Business Class. All the same, we still have one place in
First Class.'

Before the woman could say anything, the hostess continued.
'It is?unusual for our company to permit someone from Economy
Class to sit in First Class. However, given the circumstances, the
captain feels that it would be scandalous to make someone sit next to someone so disgusting.'

She turned to the black guy & said, 'Therefore, Sir, if
you would like to, please collect your hand luggage, a seat awaits
you in First Class.

At that moment, the other passengers, who'd been shocked by
what they had just witnessed, stood up & applauded

This is a true story. If you are against racism, please
send this to all your friends; please do not delete it without
sending it to at least 1 person.

WELL DONE, British Airways
I'll ask him if its true or an urban myth!!
Old Aug 25th 2007, 10:41 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raine66
Used to live in Maidstone.
somebody had to
Old Aug 25th 2007, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

cannie is an unknown quantity at this point

I've noticed when seeing who is looking on the forum, lots of names who i don't recognise and who don't seem to post.
Are they scared of us?Or are they just curious as to what goes on in the forum and don't want or need to post?
Curiouser and curiouser
hello, i pop in here nearly everyday,i love to read about what you all do,
Old Aug 25th 2007, 10:45 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cannie
well please continue to comment as we all feel as if we are talking to ourselves sometimes
Old Aug 25th 2007, 10:47 pm
Fed up in England!!

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
well please continue to comment as we all feel as if we are talking to ourselves sometimes
You know you're always talking to yourself Mitz!!
Old Aug 25th 2007, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cannie
Well hello cannie and welcome to BE forum..do you have any yearnings for Spain or do you just keep up with the news..
Old Aug 25th 2007, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

It's quite scary for the wallflowers amongst us to post things on a forum, as often they are quite cliquey and you feel like you're an outsider?
Old Aug 26th 2007, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Arco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond repute

I've noticed when seeing who is looking on the forum, lots of names who i don't recognise and who don't seem to post.
Are they scared of us?Or are they just curious as to what goes on in the forum and don't want or need to post?
Curiouser and curiouser

No, not scared but generally I only post when I think I've got something useful to add. That isn't meant as a criticism of those who like a good banter, it's just that I've never been very good at it, so I don't try.

I'm more active on other forums that have specific themes, like gardening or women's issues, and I can appreciate how helpful and entertaining a forum like this can be for people recently arrived in Spain or are thinking about the move.

And, lastly, this section is Siesta Time, so that's what I do during these hot months - kipping!

Hasta la proxima
Old Aug 26th 2007, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

NicCol is on a distinguished road

Hi
I am also on nearly everyday. But like Arco Iris, I don't think I often have anything useful to say - I must try harder!
Old Aug 26th 2007, 9:51 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NicCol
Hi
I am also on nearly everyday. But like Arco Iris, I don't think I often have anything useful to say - I must try harder!
don't worry about that, none of us have anything useful to say but we still say it.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:14 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
don't worry about that, none of us have anything useful to say but we still say it.
Speak for yourself!
Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:15 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NicCol
Hi
Do not feel pressurised into putting posts on, if you prefer to come on here and read the drivel that most of us write there is no problem. On the other hand do not put yourself down saying that you do not often have anything useful to say because that must be wrong. You probably say just the right thing at the right time and I bet you think of something to say and then reject it and decide that it is not relevant. If we all did that there would be no posts at all on the forum.

We are not a closed circle and I for one would enjoy reading some different peoples thoughts on subjects.

Rosemary
Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:16 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
Speak for yourself!
I was......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.