Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

have the brits taken over?

have the brits taken over?

Old Apr 8th 2005, 3:51 pm
woooohoooo!

kate has a spectacular aura aboutkate has a spectacular aura aboutkate has a spectacular aura about
Question have the brits taken over?

i know there are lots of British in Spain, especially the south. has it got taken over by the Brits, is it an issue? i can imagine but want to see what people who live there think, especially the Spanish!
Old Apr 8th 2005, 4:34 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: have the brits taken over?

Originally Posted by kate
i know there are lots of British in Spain, especially the south. has it got taken over by the Brits, is it an issue? i can imagine but want to see what people who live there think, especially the Spanish!
Come over and see for yourself.
Spanish people rarely use this site it is called BritishExpats, so you wont get a lot of Spanish input.
I have seen people from nearly every country in the world here, so it is not getting taken over by the Brits.
By the way Spain is quite large
Old Apr 9th 2005, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

coralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nice

Kate,
There was an interesting thread (well, a couple, I think) running about 2 months ago, but they appear to have been deleted. Discussion was a bit heated and aggressive at times, since immigration can be such an emotional subject, but most misunderstandings seemed to be resolved and I thought that there was a lot of interesting stuff there. There are a few other old threads discussing aspects of the topic, that you might like to browse, through.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 7:40 am
Just Joined

Richb is an unknown quantity at this point

What the hell was the purpose of this statement ?

Have the Morrocans or Algerians taken over Spain ?
Have the Indians taken over the UK ?
Have martians taken over the moon ?

Was this simply to begin a long drawn out argument which would in the long run go around and around in circles ?

Yes there are many Brits, also many Germans, Nordic, etc.. who do you think is buying all the property & paying for the upkeep of the likes of Puerto Banus ???

I have the upmost respect for the Spanish as it is of course their country and I am sure they are happy to accomodate me and my money.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: have the brits taken over?

Hola a todo el Brits, soy español y leo estos postes, ofrezco consejo pues éste es mi país y los muchos de inglés no saben cómo a haga esto o a haga eso.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

svenskidoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by countryboy
Hola a todo el Brits, soy español y leo estos postes, ofrezco consejo pues éste es mi país y los muchos de inglés no saben cómo a haga esto o a haga eso.
hmmm , a gold star for trying, but must try harder in future.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 5:21 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Hello to all the Brits, I am Spanish and I read these posts, I offer advice then this one is my country and many of English do not know how to it does this or to it does that.

Nearly there
Old Apr 11th 2005, 8:08 am
woooohoooo!

kate has a spectacular aura aboutkate has a spectacular aura aboutkate has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation Re: have the brits taken over?

i am new t o this site, after reading other threads i could see there were some, "high and mighty members here", seemingly enjoying bicthing at people like me, i asked a light hearted question, as a lot of tv programmes show a lot of Brits in Spain, of course i know there are other nationalities there, i was looking for peoples opinions, not to have my head bitten off.hope i dont meet people like you when i go over, what ever happened to being nice.get a life! peace love and harmony.OVER AND OUT OUT OUT!
Old Apr 11th 2005, 8:10 am
woooohoooo!

oh and big thanks for the nice guys, i will come over and see for myself of course, but while im stuck here, its good to gather info XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old Apr 11th 2005, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough

Hello Kate,
Not all the brits here in Spain are high and mighty, most of us here are very friendly, but you do get the odd one or two who think that they have loads of money and its only spain for them alone. The coast has lots of these types, but the further inland you go the better it gets, the reason for this is you have to put yourself out to learn the language. you might have to stumble around for at least a year but you may find some friendly brits who will put themsels out to help a fellow Brit like yourself.

I do hope that some of the posts have not put you off :scared: so I wish you good luck in your venture over here.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 10:08 am
Just Joined

i am new t o this site, after reading other threads i could see there were some, "high and mighty members here", seemingly enjoying bicthing at people like me, i asked a light hearted question, as a lot of tv programmes show a lot of Brits in Spain, of course i know there are other nationalities there, i was looking for peoples opinions, not to have my head bitten off.hope i dont meet people like you when i go over, what ever happened to being nice.get a life! peace love and harmony.OVER AND OUT OUT OUT!
I don't consider myself high and mighty in any way shape or form.

I just feel, even in the title of your thread that you were stiring an argument, it was in no way 'light hearted' as you put it.
Perhaps you simply chose the wrong words to put your 'light hearted' point across.

I hope I don't bump into too many immature, uneducated people like you whilst here.

I have a life thankyou, it's here in lovely Andalucia, the people are great, the weather is great, I am very happy here.

Hope you grow up soon.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

Richb,
There is a thread on this site called "Take it Outside!" you can go there and make as many comments as you like and invite "kate" to join you, you never know, you may find out that you were in the same boat as her before you moved to Spain or even thought about comming over here.

In this thread Kate was simply asking a question not making a comment.

(I hope I don't bump into too many immature, uneducated people like you whilst here.

I have a life thankyou, it's here in lovely Andalucia, the people are great, the weather is great, I am very happy here.

Hope you grow up soon.)

This sort of thing is uncalled for.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

meseta has a spectacular aura aboutmeseta has a spectacular aura aboutmeseta has a spectacular aura about

Hi Kate,
I see your perfectly reasonable question has brough forth the usual tirade from all quarters !
For me, living a few miles to the west of Malaga, it matters not a jot who has taken over; after all what is being taken over anyway ? If you come over to this part of Spain, you will certainly notice some areas which seem to have quite high concentrations of Brits. Many of the coastal areas and Alhaurin al Grande and Coin see to have more than their fair share ! Many expatriates seem to prefer living amongst numbers of their countrymen, many however, are quite content simply living in this wonderful part of the world ! If you have a look through the past threads on this site you'll see many have devoted hours to comments, both positive and negative, about Brits and all aspects of life here; personally I prefer to devote my time to enjoying my years here - growing better lemons, improving my garden irrigation - important stuff !

There seem to be many on this site of similar opinion, so don't be put off by the aggressive few ! Keep the questions coming; I'm sure you'll find some helpful information forthcoming !
Old Apr 12th 2005, 5:10 am
Just Joined

Richb,
There is a thread on this site called "Take it Outside!" you can go there and make as many comments as you like and invite "kate" to join you, you never know, you may find out that you were in the same boat as her before you moved to Spain or even thought about comming over here.

In this thread Kate was simply asking a question not making a comment.

This sort of thing is uncalled for.
Who rattled your cage m8.

Not interested in having any further contact with a person who comes on here accusing Brits of taking over Spain, then continues to tell me to 'get a life' etc.
I am perfectly happy with my life here in lovely Andalucia, I have a successful career, many freinds and I don't need to rise to such a silly comment but I get slightly miffed when people come on here accusing people of taking over countries etc, just a sore point with me.
I didn't read her post as a light hearted question but as a pop at people as I am sure many other people reading her post will agree.

If she had explained herself better and put her point across with a degree of intellect, I would certainly have replied with my usual helpful and sometimes dare I say it, even humorous tone - but a thread called 'Have the Brits Taken Over?' is not a light hearted question but a daft one.

Aggresive - on this occasion probably.

I stick by my statements, you have your opinions I have mine.

As someone once said, and if you don't find it offensive as I guess you don't having ignored her parts but had a go at my replies:

'hope i dont meet people like you', 'get a life!'

Aggresive - most definately....
Old Apr 12th 2005, 6:13 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Richb
Who rattled your cage m8.

Not interested in having any further contact with a person who comes on here accusing Brits of taking over Spain, then continues to tell me to 'get a life' etc.
I am perfectly happy with my life here in lovely Andalucia, I have a successful career, many freinds and I don't need to rise to such a silly comment but I get slightly miffed when people come on here accusing people of taking over countries etc, just a sore point with me.
I didn't read her post as a light hearted question but as a pop at people as I am sure many other people reading her post will agree.

If she had explained herself better and put her point across with a degree of intellect, I would certainly have replied with my usual helpful and sometimes dare I say it, even humorous tone - but a thread called 'Have the Brits Taken Over?' is not a light hearted question but a daft one.

Aggresive - on this occasion probably.

I stick by my statements, you have your opinions I have mine.

As someone once said, and if you don't find it offensive as I guess you don't having ignored her parts but had a go at my replies:

'hope i dont meet people like you', 'get a life!'

Aggresive - most definately....
Richb, stop being a dick.

Forums are here for people to post whatever questions they like.
If u dont agree with her post then ignore it...simple.

If your life in spain is so carefree and fantastic then why are you getting all s#itty about a random post.

if u want to have a discussion in the "take it outside " thread, ill be more than happy to accomodate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.