Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Has the UK gone totally insane?

Has the UK gone totally insane?

Old Jun 28th 2011, 7:37 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has the UK gone totally insane?

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
Worthing Hospital! Globe house Passport office! Worthing town centre has many many foreigners, I dont mind at all - infact anyone who comes to the UK and works to enjoy the standard of living (whatever that might be) is fine by me. But when you get government offices that only have one indigenous prson on view out of probably 30 staff, then something doesnt seem right. Devon is one area where "multinationalism" hasnt taken hold yet - I have a friend who moved there a while ago, why??? Cos he went through surveys which showed that it was an area that was the least affected. He came from Crawley and was alarmed that his son was one of onl three children who spoke english - rightly or wrongly, he felt that wasnt good enough for his sons education!

The indigenous Brits seem to be becoming like the indigenous australians, Americans....

Jo xxx
Nope, Worthing is still full of old people dressed in beige. Out of interest what does a foreigner look like?
Old Jun 28th 2011, 7:43 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Nope, Worthing is still full of old people dressed in beige. Out of interest what does a foreigner look like?
you know she is going to tell you that you are wrong don't you?

So it turns out that there is no irony in the fact that immigrants to Spain are complaining about immigrants to the UK... OK, my bad....... *walks away in amazement at the Little Englanders*
Old Jun 28th 2011, 7:43 am
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice

The highlight for me was the guy who was another right wing white racist who had the news broken to him that a sizeable chunk of his DNA was of Negro/black origen.

Who was this man, please back this up, also what is "origen" are you English?
this business where the English are a load of mongrels is left wing common purpose propaganda, most research proves the opposite, there are more people arriving per year than came in centuries not too long ago, look at the names on first world war memorials, not too many third world names, god help England
Old Jun 28th 2011, 7:48 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mondeo
Well, it was your 'deeply offensive comment' after all.
Perhaps it was just on your mind.............!!!

So you made a joke about it being all about timing when a child is legal to have sex with, then bemoaned about the "stupid age of consent" laws in the UK and you think its me who made the inappropriate comment? Yep, you are going to fit in well in Little England.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 7:49 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
you know she is going to tell you that you are wrong don't you?

So it turns out that there is no irony in the fact that immigrants to Spain are complaining about immigrants to the UK... OK, my bad....... *walks away in amazement at the Little Englanders*
Old Jun 28th 2011, 7:55 am
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice

It would only be ironic if British in Spain complained about Spanish coming to England , do you understand the concept of irony ? in other words we like Spanish, should we not be able to pick and choose who we let in?, they say we need immigrants in the UK but the biggest groups arriving from the third world are also the biggest unemployed , do we really need more from say Pakistan when we have so many draining the country already, rugymat, give up you are a clown
Old Jun 28th 2011, 8:01 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Conquered countries, racial melting pots? Writing about anything like that is like walking on very thin ice, closely followed by posters with righteous flame throwers.

The UK benefits system, in its quest to be fair, is wide open to abuse. I know a couple who returned to the UK after years in Spain and went almost straight into the system. They get a free house, all sorts of weird benefits, and even a brand new free car because of a minor disability. Unfortunately their villa in Spain hasn't been sold yet, but it's rented out for £700 a month.

I believe they both get a 'carers' allowance to care for each other, on top of all the other nonsense. All it appears you have to do is to be a bit adventurous with the truth.

It's easy to really get upset over the scroungers, but when you consider the £250 million spent bombing Libya over the past 90 days, you get some perspective.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 8:03 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
England as a conquered country? Oh please.

The UK is a blend of all the races who have pressed on thus far and stayed. We have had Celts, anglosaxons, Danes, Normans, -to name but some of the major influxes. People from all over the world have settled and made it their home. There wasn't even an English language till comparatively recently, and even that is a bastardised hybrid with a huge number of words from almost every language under the sun.

One prog I missed, and by god I wish I hadn't, concerned one that was checking people's DNA to see what they were really made up from.

The highlight for me was the guy who was another right wing white racist who had the news broken to him that a sizeable chunk of his DNA was of Negro/black origen.

Damn, but I would have loved to have seen his face when they told him that.
UK a conquered country is a turn of phrase.

Of course the british isles are decended from, celts, Danes etc, but to argue that because of it the Britsh have no right to complain about what is happening right now with the immigration issue is surely irrelevant. The problems have changed and became more complex.

The English language is farly recent and a mixture of many,so what does that have to do with people smuggling and the forced marriages/prostitution that is going on in the UK that is being carried out by immigrants.

Just because shampoo, rendevouz and a host of other words are not English oregins that does not mean that freebies should given out, freebies that are not available in other countries to new arrivals.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 8:04 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by bricwood
It would only be ironic if British in Spain complained about Spanish coming to England , do you understand the concept of irony ? in other words we like Spanish, should we not be able to pick and choose who we let in?, they say we need immigrants in the UK but the biggest groups arriving from the third world are also the biggest unemployed , do we really need more from say Pakistan when we have so many draining the country already, rugymat, give up you are a clown
Yeah, you might need to check the meaning of irony...
Old Jun 28th 2011, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

Just to get back to the original question, about providing deposits to help people buy houses. Insane, yes, but not because the beneficiaries might have the wrong skin-colour.
Insane because the price of a house is determined by the free market, i.e. supply and demand, and if you make it easier for people to buy, that means pushing up the demand, which will push up the price, cancelling at least a part of the benefit of the deposit for those who get it and making it even more difficult for those who don't get any help. The only people to benefit are the estate agents.
If the council has money to spare, why don't they build some council houses to provide rented accommodation at a reasonable price? And not ones to be sold off after a few years, they should remain public. This would also reduce demand for houses on the free market, reducing prices.

Isn't that a better argument than all the racist claptrap I've just had to wade through?
Old Jun 28th 2011, 8:09 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

So why are there more immigrants (of all colours, shapes and sizes) in Spain than there are in the UK?

......and why aren't the english refugees on this thread complaining about them?
Old Jun 28th 2011, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Grayling
So why are there more immigrants (of all colours, shapes and sizes) in Spain than there are in the UK?

......and why aren't the english refugees on this thread complaining about them?
Because Brits are a better class of immigrant, of course.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 8:13 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Ah....but there are more 'foreign' immigrants in spain as well
Old Jun 28th 2011, 8:21 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Without meaning to,you have hit the nail on the head.

There are better and worse classes of immigrants, as can be seen in the likes Of Austrailia.

Austrailia takes the immigrants that will benefit the country, the UK takes the immgrants that want the countrys benfits. Big difference.

As a Spaniard in my home country, I know for a fact that the immigrants here have to support themselves and to become legal have to be seen to be doing so.

I know for sure if you asked the local Spanish people, if they prefer immigrants that have means and will invest money in the countr, or the ones that come cap inhand to sponge as so often happens in the UK, I dont think you will be too surprised at the answer.

So yes, there are different classes of incomers, and to argue otherwise is totally unrealistic.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

You're biased of course! There's an awful lot of Spanish would strongly disagree with that. It's the old chesnut, Brits fleeing UK because there are too many immigrants, and then becoming, well, immigrants themselves, but of course a much better class of immigrant! In their eyes anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.