Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Has the UK gone totally insane?

Has the UK gone totally insane?

Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:54 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has the UK gone totally insane?

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I never had you down for over exaggeration Jo, are you saying that out of the 60 million plus Brits, 59.99999 million are foreigners? Not around here they ain't, nor in Devon, nor in the Cotswolds, and since I still have plenty of family in Sussex, not in Sussex either...
Worthing Hospital! Globe house Passport office! Worthing town centre has many many foreigners, I dont mind at all - infact anyone who comes to the UK and works to enjoy the standard of living (whatever that might be) is fine by me. But when you get government offices that only have one indigenous prson on view out of probably 30 staff, then something doesnt seem right. Devon is one area where "multinationalism" hasnt taken hold yet - I have a friend who moved there a while ago, why??? Cos he went through surveys which showed that it was an area that was the least affected. He came from Crawley and was alarmed that his son was one of onl three children who spoke english - rightly or wrongly, he felt that wasnt good enough for his sons education!

The indigenous Brits seem to be becoming like the indigenous australians, Americans....

Jo xxx
Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:57 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
Worthing Hospital! Globe house Passport office! Worthing town centre has many many foreigners, I dont mind at all - infact anyone who comes to the UK and works to enjoy the standard of living (whatever that might be) is fine by me. But when you get government offices that only have one indigenous prson on view out of probably 30 staff, then something doesnt seem right. Devon is one area where "multinationalism" hasnt taken hold yet - I have a friend who moved there a while ago, why??? Cos he went through surveys which showed that it was an area that was the least affected. He came from Crawley and was alarmed that his son was one of onl three children who spoke english - rightly or wrongly, he felt that wasnt good enough for his sons education!

The indigenous Brits seem to be becoming like the indigenous australians, Americans....

Jo xxx
So to avoid that... you became one of the millions of Brits living in Spain... this is what I was saying about the irony of these sort of posts.... but it would appear that irony is just another way to flatten clothes in the Spain forum.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:03 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

So to avoid that... you became one of the millions of Brits living in Spain... this is what I was saying about the irony of these sort of posts.... but it would appear that irony is just another way to flatten clothes in the Spain forum.
I think we all get the irony. But we tend to come to Spain and live by the rules here and we accept spanish bearucracy, that spanish civil servants are what they are and they ARE SPANISH.

So yes its ironic, but its also moving to a multicultural country - Spain, raher than staying in a conquered country - Britain!!

Jo xxx
Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:06 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I think we all get the irony. But we tend to come to Spain and live by the rules here and we accept spanish bearucracy, that spanish civil servants are what they are and they ARE SPANISH.

So yes its ironic, but its also moving to a multicultural country - Spain, raher than staying in a conquered country - Britain!!

Jo xxx
I've read some utterly daft things on this forum in the last few years but this is about the worse! Spain has a far greater immigration issue that the UK could ever have, not to mention its role as the back door for 90% of the drugs smuggled into Europe, one of the highest levels of corruption of any of the EU states, hell the list goes on... at least in the UK immigrants are treated like human beings, I wonder if the "lookey lookey" guys would say the same after one of the Guardia's crackdowns?

Sometimes you amaze me Jo, its like two different people posting!
Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:11 pm
squeaky clean

I've read some utterly daft things on this forum in the last few years but this is about the worse! Spain has a far greater immigration issue that the UK could ever have, not to mention its role as the back door for 90% of the drugs smuggled into Europe, one of the highest levels of corruption of any of the EU states, hell the list goes on... at least in the UK immigrants are treated like human beings, I wonder if the "lookey lookey" guys would say the same after one of the Guardia's crackdowns?

Well there you go hun. I'm glad I'm not boring!

Jo xxx
Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:58 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

A somewhat ridiculous comparison methinks.

The majority of UK immigrants attempt to live by the appropriate rules and regulations, pay their dues and contribute, quite often substantially to the Spanish economy.

In contrast many of the lookey lookey guys, sell on lots of fake and counterfeit goods thereby robbing the Spanish govt and businesses of much needed income and generally contribute little or nothing positive to the economy.

No doubt there are exceptions in both categories, however in view of the above it is little wonder that the attitude of the authorities is usually considerably different.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 10:08 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
A somewhat ridiculous comparison methinks.

The majority of UK immigrants attempt to live by the appropriate rules and regulations, pay their dues and contribute, quite often substantially to the Spanish economy.

In contrast many of the lookey lookey guys, sell on lots of fake and counterfeit goods thereby robbing the Spanish govt and businesses of much needed income and generally contribute little or nothing positive to the economy.

No doubt there are exceptions in both categories, however in view of the above it is little wonder that the attitude of the authorities is usually considerably different.
Dick, you are a prime one for "argue the username not the detail"

You know full well the point I am making and I have been around here long enough to know that, now run along and play with someone else... I notice you never mentioned a word about Mondeo's little slip of the tongue last night, hell I see that many people on here didn't, not even some of the parents on here... but I bet he got karma for "daring to stand up to that nasty Rugbymatt"
Old Jun 27th 2011, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

mondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nice
Talking Re: Has the UK gone totally insane?

I love the way you have turned a deeply offensive comment into a joke, it shows you care... well done.
Well, it was your 'deeply offensive comment' after all.
Perhaps it was just on your mind.............!!!

Old Jun 28th 2011, 12:01 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Dick, you are a prime one for "argue the username not the detail"

You know full well the point I am making and I have been around here long enough to know that, now run along and play with someone else... I notice you never mentioned a word about Mondeo's little slip of the tongue last night, hell I see that many people on here didn't, not even some of the parents on here... but I bet he got karma for "daring to stand up to that nasty Rugbymatt"
Not at all Matt, there have been occasions when I have expressed agreement with your posts, though you obviously prefer to overlook those.

On this occasion I am simply pointing out that you haven't just got it a little bit wrong, but absolutely and totally wrong,... IMHO of course.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Jo xxx
I don't always agree with what you say on here, but on this occasion I absolutely agree!

One more thing to add to that though....
We Brits on the whole bring a great deal of money into Spain and take nothing from the state here, regrettably the same can't always be said for immigrants going into the UK.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 4:43 am
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice

In Italy without third worlders who would work as prostitutes ? who would do all the begging? I think the English have got the moral high ground, anyone heard of the English mafia for example, there is a russian one a polish one you name it, England is being rapidly ethnically cleansed, when we start moving to countries living on the social putting our wives on the game sending our kids shoplifting then there will be something ironic about British moving to Spain, in hospitals old people are left to die for want of water by nurses from uncaring countries while British and Irish nurses get the sack, England is beyond the point of return, people in favour of mass immigration always use an example like some village in Devon that is entirely English but everywhere that lots of people live like London Birmingham are now cleansed of British people, its not Ironic at all, nobody complains if Spanish move to England, if we start moving on mass to Pakistan or Somalia that would be ironic!!
Old Jun 28th 2011, 6:25 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking from the Spanish viewpoint, I would rather have the British incomers to Spain than the immigrants that are plentiful in the UK.

Pensioners spending the pension paid by the British government in Spain the UK paying a yearly sum of a few grand for their health care for each and everyone.

Some pensioners might cost more than that to the Spanish health service, but others may cost a lot less.

A lot of pensioners leave when their health starts to fail and head back to the UK, so not much of a drain on resourses in Spain.

The under pension age incomers, either have to live of savings, start a business, get a job, work on the black, there is no option for them to go on benefits and get free housing, healthcare and dole, so once again not much of a drain on resourses.
Unlike the incomers to the UK.

Being a person who has nothing at all, and no intention of working, and wanting it all on a plate, the UK is the only place to go.

And in my opinion it is not ironic to point that out it is a fact.

Is it ironic that I should point out and say that it is a damn shame that the UK is such a soft touch for immigrants, with me and my family being immigrants to the UK ourselves? NO, it is a fact.

We went to the UK to work, not scrounge from the state, beg, theive, people smuggle for prostitution, which seems to be the reasons now.

Any immigrant to Spain from outside the EU wanting to bring family here including their own children, have to have been working for a couple of years , have adequate accommodation and the income to support the family members.

In the UK all one has to do is arrive,claim benfits, and the whole family will be on the next plane out.
If they dont get their own way then the armtwisting starts so that the UK authorities give in, using their own children as pawns, which in my book is disgusting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-benefits.html

British people say that they are made to feel welcome in Spain, but would the type of immigrants that head to the UK for the freebies be welcomed, no chance.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 6:52 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree with you JLFS.

Prior to moving here permanently we went to the town hall to sort out paying our bills and were introduced to the mayor who welcomed us to the town.

About 3 to 4 years ago a Rumanian family moved into the town and apparently the mayor visited them and asked how they were going to support themselves.

Rosemary
Old Jun 28th 2011, 7:06 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Totally agree with you JLFS.

Prior to moving here permanently we went to the town hall to sort out paying our bills and were introduced to the mayor who welcomed us to the town.

About 3 to 4 years ago a Rumanian family moved into the town and apparently the mayor visited them and asked how they were going to support themselves.

Rosemary
The problem is the UK would see that as racist, whereas to the Spanish it is logical.

Cheers.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 7:31 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

England as a conquered country? Oh please.

The UK is a blend of all the races who have pressed on thus far and stayed. We have had Celts, anglosaxons, Danes, Normans, -to name but some of the major influxes. People from all over the world have settled and made it their home. There wasn't even an English language till comparatively recently, and even that is a bastardised hybrid with a huge number of words from almost every language under the sun.

One prog I missed, and by god I wish I hadn't, concerned one that was checking people's DNA to see what they were really made up from.

The highlight for me was the guy who was another right wing white racist who had the news broken to him that a sizeable chunk of his DNA was of Negro/black origen.

Damn, but I would have loved to have seen his face when they told him that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.