Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Has the UK gone totally insane?

Has the UK gone totally insane?

Old Jun 27th 2011, 2:09 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has the UK gone totally insane?

I LOVE the way these arguments go! Not a single person seeing the irony? No? Just me? OK.....
Old Jun 27th 2011, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

mondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nice
Talking Re: Has the UK gone totally insane?

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I LOVE the way these arguments go! Not a single person seeing the irony? No? Just me? OK.....
Well, we're probably nowhere near as intelligent as you!

Old Jun 27th 2011, 3:53 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mondeo
Well, we're probably nowhere near as intelligent as you!

Ah, you're still here, great.... any more pearls of wisdom my friend?
Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:31 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

When I go to a spanish hospital or a spanish civil office, there are nearly all spanish people working in them, who expect me to speak spanish! I've been to an English hospital recently (I'm visiting family) and saw many staff and I think the only British person was a receptionist - the registrar I spoke to actually needed the nurse to interpret as his english was so poor. I went to the passport office today in London and again, in the whole office I saw only one person who was white and didnt have a foreign accent - no I'm not racist, but I can no longer see England as we used to know it. Its not even multi-cultural anymore. there is a distinct lack of indigenous Brits! I dont know of any other country that has done that. I'm all for integration, but not domination, changing our heritage, values and adapting them to their own isnt why they came to the UK is it?????

Jo xxxx
Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

mondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nice

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
When I go to a spanish hospital or a spanish civil office, there are nearly all spanish people working in them, who expect me to speak spanish! I've been to an English hospital recently (I'm visiting family) and saw many staff and I think the only British person was a receptionist - the registrar I spoke to actually needed the nurse to interpret as his english was so poor. I went to the passport office today in London and again, in the whole office I saw only one person who was white and didnt have a foreign accent - no I'm not racist, but I can no longer see England as we used to know it. Its not even multi-cultural anymore. there is a distinct lack of indigenous Brits! I dont know of any other country that has done that. I'm all for integration, but not domination, changing our heritage, values and adapting them to their own isnt why they came to the UK is it?????

Jo xxxx
No Jo - I think they all come for the wonderful climate!

Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Ah, you're still here, great.... any more pearls of wisdom my friend?
Be a bit like casting pearls before swine wouldn't it?

Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:40 pm
Straw Man.

Jo xxxx
You see Jo, we all experience different things and its that which ultimately colour our lives...My mum has been in and out of hospital with heart surgery now for the last three years and the only non British person we EVER dealt with at Papworth was an absolutely brilliant Yemeni female doctor...

... and my point was, do you not find it ironic that people are here whining about immigration gone mad in the UK and citing that as a reason that they are leaving the country and joining a million Brits in Spain!?!

Seriously, some people just want to argue with the "username" rather than the point being made.

Last edited by rugbymatt; Jun 27th 2011 at 8:44 pm.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:41 pm
Straw Man.

Be a bit like casting pearls before swine wouldn't it?

I'll give you one thing, you've got balls to come on here without so much as an apology and behaving like last nights comment didn't happen, good for you.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:42 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

No Jo - I think they all come for the wonderful climate!

Aaahhh, that'll be it!!!

Jo xxx
Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:44 pm
squeaky clean

You see Jo, we all experience different things and its that which ultimately colour our lives...My mum has been in and out of hospital with hear surgery now for the last three years and the only non British person we EVER dealt with at Papworth was an absolutely brilliant Yemeni female doctor...

... and my point was, do you not find it ironic that people are here whining about immigration gone mad in the UK and citing that as a reason that they are leaving the country and joining a million Brits in Spain!?!

Seriously, some people just want to argue with the "username" rather than the point being made.
I see the irony, but quite frankly it seems to me having been in the UK for a few days now that if you want to be amongst fellow brits, then move to Spain! Cos there are infinitely more of them there that I've seen in the UK

Jo xxx
Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:46 pm
Straw Man.

I see the irony, but quite frankly it seems to me having been in the UK for a few days now that if you want to be amongst fellow brits, then move to Spain! Cos there are infinitely more of them there that I've seen in the UK

Jo xxx
I never had you down for over exaggeration Jo, are you saying that out of the 60 million plus Brits, 59.99999 million are foreigners? Not around here they ain't, nor in Devon, nor in the Cotswolds, and since I still have plenty of family in Sussex, not in Sussex either...
Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

I'll give you one thing, you've got balls to come on here without so much as an apology and behaving like last nights comment didn't happen, good for you.
Don't tell me you've been 'fiddling' again.................!!!

Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:49 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anonimouse
Doesn't matter what colour or race you are, we are all the same.

These days you are racist (or the racist card is drawn) as soon you say that you have worked and paid into the system all your life, so therefore should be entitled to claim more than any outsiders.

I may be wrong but I thought the DHSS system was thought up by British to help British people, not everyone who can swim the channel?
I have worked and paid into the system all my life, and over the past couple of days - on this forum, in this thread - been called a racist, a bigot and shortsighted (which I am). I have also ploughed lonely furrows in the seven seas in a grey painted war canoe for The Queen - God Bless Her.

However, I cannot swim the channel, the closest I ever got was 1\3rd the way - so does that exclude me ??

Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:53 pm
Straw Man.

Don't tell me you've been 'fiddling' again.................!!!

I love the way you have turned a deeply offensive comment into a joke, it shows you care... well done.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:54 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Jo xxx
living in a city which has hit the headlines on more than one occision for the inordinately high level of immigrants, legal and illegal, with 2 deported only this week and another group served notice, and encampments in bushes and even on roundabouts, I can say I have to agree.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.