Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Has the UK gone totally insane?

Has the UK gone totally insane?

Old Jun 25th 2011, 5:39 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has the UK gone totally insane?

Looks like everyone will soon need government 50k hand-outs, to keep up with the insane price of property in the south of the UK.

Want to buy a beach hut for £250k?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...--250-000.html

It looks like a typical tiny British wooden beach hut from the outside, but this is no ordinary cabin.

It is a Tardis inside with two floors, gadgets galore and is expected to sell for £250,000.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 9:46 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jay01

Why should we Brits be seen to bend over and submit when in the UK, no one bends over for us as we live in any other country. To get by we should integrate and those that choose not to are the ones that have the bad experience, those that choose not to integrate into the British society but try to change it to their culture should really think is the UK the place for them or the land of their for fathers where the culture is accepted.
Jay, several times I have been called racist because I ask the simple question "why should the Brits be told to integrate when it is our country in the first place when the incomers make no effort to integrate ?"

But then the Politically Correct squad have already given away the British nationality to anyone who can pass a basic exam and shake hands with the mayor. They don't even have to give up their original passport to get a UK one. I understand those from certain countries who are 3, 4 or even 5th generation still get another passport for the "home country" so they can have their body or ashes returned for burial.

So, call me racist, I have been spat on, overcharged, kicked out of taxi's in the middle of nowhere in many fine countries of the world - because I am English.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 10:04 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
Jay, several times I have been called racist because I ask the simple question "why should the Brits be told to integrate when it is our country in the first place when the incomers make no effort to integrate ?"
Hardly racist, bigoted and shortsighted maybe but not racist.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 10:09 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Hardly racist, bigoted and shortsighted maybe but not racist.
are you claiming to know me personally ???
Old Jun 26th 2011, 10:11 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

are you claiming to know me personally ???
You made a statement on an open forum, I am commenting on that statement.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
You made a statement on an open forum, I am commenting on that statement.
A bigot is a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from their own or intolerant of people of different political views, ethnicity, race, class, religion, sexuality or gender.

I don't think I quite fit that bill (yet)

However, I do wear glasses due to myopia
Old Jun 26th 2011, 12:52 pm
Straw Man.

A bigot is a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from their own or intolerant of people of different political views, ethnicity, race, class, religion, sexuality or gender.

Oh OK, my bad, then maybe you are just racist.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 3:25 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

And what have the people of myopia done wrong.

Graham
Old Jun 26th 2011, 3:52 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities

Graham
Well, Mr McGoo does make a hash of everything......
Old Jun 26th 2011, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

mondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nice
Talking Re: Has the UK gone totally insane?

Yup - Racist and proud of it, if only to fit in with all the immigrants who are the most racist of all....!!!

Old Jun 26th 2011, 4:49 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mondeo
Yup - Racist and proud of it, if only to fit in with all the immigrants who are the most racist of all....!!!

I know that you are only joking.

I try my best not to be racist, like all generalisations racism is a waste of time. I was brought up to think of nations particularly ones of a different colour to be inferior, the problem is that eventually one meets many different races on a personal level and discover that most are no different to me, trying to make a decent life for themselves. Eat with them, play sports with them, work with them and find that your enjoyment level is the same as with others of your own race. The truth is that a person is a person and only on that level should anyone be judged, racism is purely a method for someone to artificially bolster themselves because they find the need although I do believe that all of us has the seed within us, any wartime propaganda proves it, we are that easy to manipulate.

Graham

Last edited by Rosemary; Jun 26th 2011 at 4:57 pm.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 5:35 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm pretty openminded, and don't mind immigrants as long as they pay their way, aren't criminal and make a reasonable attempt to fit in.

I have to say tho I agree most heartily with the concept that they are supposed to fit in with me, if it's my country, and not the other way around.

That's not racism, surely?

I'll be polite and helpful, but I do expect to receive the same in return. Immigrants who criticise the country they move to can just piss off back home, whether they be Muslim in the UK or English in Spain.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by The Oddities

Graham
they can't do much right as the country is filled with short sighted people
Old Jun 27th 2011, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

mondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nice
Talking Re: Has the UK gone totally insane?

It depends what people mean by racist - I agree that we're all entitled to the same rights and privileges but if you tell me that I'm identical to a Masai tribesman or a Maori then I disagree - if that makes me racist then so be it!

Old Jun 27th 2011, 1:54 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mondeo
It depends what people mean by racist - I agree that we're all entitled to the same rights and privileges but if you tell me that I'm identical to a Masai tribesman or a Maori then I disagree - if that makes me racist then so be it!

Doesn't matter what colour or race you are, we are all the same.

These days you are racist (or the racist card is drawn) as soon you say that you have worked and paid into the system all your life, so therefore should be entitled to claim more than any outsiders.

I may be wrong but I thought the DHSS system was thought up by British to help British people, not everyone who can swim the channel?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.