Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Has anyone bought a El Gordo ticket?

Has anyone bought a El Gordo ticket?

Old Dec 7th 2008, 9:25 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Has anyone bought a El Gordo ticket?

Anyone got a decimo (tenth share)? When's the draw?
Old Dec 7th 2008, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone bought a El Gordo ticket?

I've had one since August - saw one with three 7s in it and couldn't resist.

Draw is the morning - all morning - of 22nd. it'll be live on TV and radio and you can check results on line - all major news-sites will have links.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 9:58 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rachelk
I've had one since August - saw one with three 7s in it and couldn't resist.

Draw is the morning - all morning - of 22nd. it'll be live on TV and radio and you can check results on line - all major news-sites will have links.
Thanks for that. I've bought one in previous years, but I've not got a ticket this year as I'm not currently in Spain. Of course it's money down the drain, but you always say "this time it could be me!". Good luck with your ticket RachelK
Old Dec 7th 2008, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Hey - it's not money down the drain. I bought two tickets last year and won 100€ with one - that's a profit of 150%

I think you can buy them online, but not sure whether you'd need a spanish bank card or not.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Sarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant future

you can buy them online, but you are charged another 10 euros for the card transaction...
Old Dec 7th 2008, 11:30 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

http://www.elgordo.com/shop/play_elgordo.asp
Old Dec 8th 2008, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

Yet another "El Gordo" site that charges over double the real cost.

Whilst it is common and accepted practice in Spain to buy one from a street hustler for a euro or two extra, and major retailers package them up so they work out near to 30E you do at least get your ticket.

This mob want at least 50E and the 10 Euros they charge upfront for "Handling and sending costs" clearly points out "sent after the draw".LOL are they really going to send you your losing ticket? More importantly should you win will they send you your ticket?

The REAL cost of a Décimo is 20 Euro and the REAL site is at http://www.loteriasyapuestas.es/

Best

Loco

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Old Dec 8th 2008, 6:58 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loco

Whilst it is common and accepted practice in Spain to buy one from a street hustler for a euro or two extra, and major retailers package them up so they work out near to 30E you do at least get your ticket.

This mob want at least 50E and the 10 Euros they charge upfront for "Handling and sending costs" clearly points out "sent after the draw".LOL are they really going to send you your losing ticket? More importantly should you win will they send you your ticket?

The REAL cost of a Décimo is 20 Euro and the REAL site is at http://www.loteriasyapuestas.es/

Best

Loco
If you have proof they are not reputable I will remove the link.

When I went on your link, I got this... is yours as safe as you say ?

Maybe the best way is to get the ticket in your hand and make sure it`s valid.
Attached Thumbnails Has anyone bought a El Gordo ticket?-lotto.png  
Old Dec 8th 2008, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

baz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nice

Hi all, I have been buying my lottery tickets online for the last five years. I use www.ventura24.es they have a very comprehensive choice. I have always found them safe, although I have not won the big bucks (yet). For any one who can’t get about they are OK. But I must admit I miss not going to the lottery shop.
Barry
Old Dec 8th 2008, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

Well the elgordo.com site charges over double the real cost and "sent after the draw" is a direct quote from their site. The site is owned by "The World Lottery" based in Zaragoza, yet doesn't seem to registered as a busines with the Spanish Authorities and their server is based in Canada. PM me if you want the name of the guy running it.

I have doubled checked the link I provided and yes I can safely say that it is the offical site of the Loterías y Apuestas del Estado. I post below the ownership details.

Frankly I would have no problem with you leaving the World Lottery link up as it may stop some people falling for it.

As the Official site says:
Juegue sin comisiones y con la garantía del Estado. La única Web oficial de Loterías y Apuestas del Estado.

Totally agree with your advice that you should get the ticket in your hand and check it is valid.

Best

Loco

Nombre del dominio loteriasyapuestas.es
Titular ENTIDAD PÚBLICA EMPRESARIAL LOTERIAS Y APUESTAS DEL ESTADO
Tipo de Titular Organización
Forma Jurídica Organo de la Administracion del Estado
Domicilio Guzmán el Bueno, 137
Población Madrid
Provincia MADRID
Código Postal 28003
País España

The Netblock is owned by Sistemas Tecnicos de Loterias del Estado. Their site is at stl.es

Originally Posted by jdr
If you have proof they are not reputable I will remove the link.

When I went on your link, I got this... is yours as safe as you say ?

Maybe the best way is to get the ticket in your hand and make sure it`s valid.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Ventura24 are certainly legitimate and their add on of 2.85 E is to my mind fair and reasonable.

One note of caution is that as the site uses the correct terms what most non spanish speaking expats know as "El Gordo" is actually called Lotería de Navidad and if they want a flutter on it this is the link to follow and not the ones that say El Gordo de La Primitiva, Pena El Gordo etc.
( The Spanish love their Lotteries and many use the term El Gordo )

A small point but not if your numbers come up! The one time I bought a National Lottery Ticket it turned out I had actually bought a Thunderball Ticket! LOL luck was on my side and I won £ 10!

Good luck to all those who buy!

Best

Loco

Originally Posted by baz259
Hi all, I have been buying my lottery tickets online for the last five years. I use www.ventura24.es they have a very comprehensive choice. I have always found them safe, although I have not won the big bucks (yet). For any one who can’t get about they are OK. But I must admit I miss not going to the lottery shop.
Barry
Old Dec 8th 2008, 1:37 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

will say only buy from Official buyers are websites , yes scam letters are out this morring asking to to buy in two the lotto ,

bought my last week , hope we get a win here soon

jurdy
Old Dec 8th 2008, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

gatita is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I bought one when I went over in August! The draw is on the 22nd December.......fingers crossed
Old Dec 10th 2008, 1:42 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loco

Best

Loco

Elgordo.com charge 3% and you can enter into any of the main lotteries. yes, if you want to buy tickets logging in from the UK then you do get charged double the ticket cost, but from here in Sapin the face cost of the ticket is what you pay for the ticket + 3%.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 5:46 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

My hubby has "invested" in 10 of them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.