Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Happy New Year 2009

Happy New Year 2009

Old Dec 31st 2008, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of
Default Re: Happy New Year 2009

For those of you that sent me best wishes last year, which turned out to be rubbish. This year will you send me money or vouchers instead (not Woolworths)
Happy New Year Jade xxx
Old Jan 1st 2009, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

Christine.J is just really niceChristine.J is just really niceChristine.J is just really niceChristine.J is just really niceChristine.J is just really niceChristine.J is just really niceChristine.J is just really niceChristine.J is just really niceChristine.J is just really niceChristine.J is just really nice

Originally Posted by battlezone123
I wish everyone a Happy New Year 2009. And for me I cannot wait for 2008 to leave us.

We have had a rough year with my father-in-law dying in March, and then a holiday to Cuba and being there when Hurricane Ike hit. But the day before Christmas Eve our eldest son (aged 11) complained of a headache, which we put down to excitement over Christmas. Within an hour he was unconscious and we were "ambulance chasing" to Burella Hospital and then onto A Coruna Hospital. He was diagnosed with meningitis. He was in a coma for two days but is now making a full recovery, and has now been transferred back to our local hospital. Our other two children (aged 10 and 8) have been marvellous and have waited to open their Xmas presents. Alex was allowed home on "home leave" today between his drip medication and has opened his presents. When we gave him a bath he started crying and we asked him what was wrong. He replied it was tears of joy of being allowed home to see his family.

Please, if anyone has children, check on the symptons for meningitis. There does not have to be a rash. With Alex he had a headache and cold hands and feets, and only a slight raised temperature.
What a terrible time you have all been through, I am so glad to hear that Alex is on the mend now. I hope 2009 is a lot kinder to you than 2008 was.
take care x
Old Jan 1st 2009, 8:36 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New Year everybody !!!!
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Up in the mountains outside Cocentaina..and loving it!
Cornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond repute

Well, here we are in 2009. Firstly, Happy New Year to everyone, especially the Mods, who have a hell of a job!

It is now 1 year and 1 day since we came over here with a stack of property details in our grubby little mitts, naively thinking they were ALL prospectively the ONE house we wanted! Only had 3 days to view 27 properties in the end before we flew back to UK for a week before catching that one way ferry...how scary it all seemed then!

2008 wasn't the kindest of years one way and another, but looking back we haven't had a single regret of anything we did. Dear old mum in law managed to fulfill her dream and move to Spain with us. It still hurts when we think she only managed 3 months here, but my god she packed a hell of a lot of things into that time!

We seem to have had builders as part of lives for the last 9 months, but we are gradually getting there...putting right all the crap building work the previous owner left us, but we are here, we are loving it!!

I don't get on here to post that frequently, but I do drop in very briefly now and then to see what's new..I haven't forgotten you all!

Let's hope 2009 is a good one for everyone!
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 6:58 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cornish maid
Well, here we are in 2009. Firstly, Happy New Year to everyone, especially the Mods, who have a hell of a job!

It is now 1 year and 1 day since we came over here with a stack of property details in our grubby little mitts, naively thinking they were ALL prospectively the ONE house we wanted! Only had 3 days to view 27 properties in the end before we flew back to UK for a week before catching that one way ferry...how scary it all seemed then!

2008 wasn't the kindest of years one way and another, but looking back we haven't had a single regret of anything we did. Dear old mum in law managed to fulfill her dream and move to Spain with us. It still hurts when we think she only managed 3 months here, but my god she packed a hell of a lot of things into that time!

We seem to have had builders as part of lives for the last 9 months, but we are gradually getting there...putting right all the crap building work the previous owner left us, but we are here, we are loving it!!

I don't get on here to post that frequently, but I do drop in very briefly now and then to see what's new..I haven't forgotten you all!

Thank you, a great post, glad to see you are enjoying life in Spain and hope it continues.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cornish maid

Thank you for a very positive and optimistic post. You have been to hell and back but are a lucky lady because you have such a good outlook.

Wishing you all the very best.