happy new euro

Old Jan 1st 2009, 2:38 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation
Default happy new euro

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ows-Hague.html

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/f.../one_month.stm
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited by poshnbucks; Jan 1st 2009 at 2:45 am.
Old Jan 1st 2009, 3:09 am
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: happy new euro

happy new euro
Old Jan 1st 2009, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Don't get too excited, the German economy is about to tank in 2009 and take the Euro with it. The over-priced German cars will be for nothing, especially in the US who will probably be the only people who will be able to afford them. I am in Canada and looking forward to my premature retirement in Tuscany.

Last edited by johnh009; Jan 1st 2009 at 4:05 am.
Old Jan 1st 2009, 9:32 am
lic
Forum Regular

lic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nice

God help us if this Labour lot drag us into the Euro!
I suppose it answers the question of why Mandy has returned for a third time> How bent is he?
I hope the Country will have a general strike should the Labour loonies signal that the time is nigh to jon the Euro.
No matter how weak the £ is now it will rise again, and rise above the Euro!
Old Jan 1st 2009, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnh009
the German economy is about to tank in 2009 and take the Euro with it.
Don't forget that Germany is (as of 2007) the third biggest economy in the world and that 4 eurozone countries are in the top 10, so the euro is a pretty formidable force. If the UK (economy #4) joined, it would have even more influence, which would shield us from the vagaries of currency speculation.
Old Jan 1st 2009, 9:46 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt very much that the German economy will "tank". Obviously they'll find it difficult under current trading conditions, but there's no way their economy is as weak as the UK. However there is a glimmer of hope for those suffering from the weakened pound:

"The pound may rebound from its worst year on record against the euro as investors start betting on a recovery in the U.K. economy, according to the world’s biggest currency traders."

bloomberg report

Let's hope the pound can recover soon to at least 1.15 or 1.20. At this stage that's probably the best we can hope for.
Old Jan 1st 2009, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pete_l
Don't forget that Germany is (as of 2007) the third biggest economy in the world and that 4 eurozone countries are in the top 10, so the euro is a pretty formidable force. If the UK (economy #4) joined, it would have even more influence, which would shield us from the vagaries of currency speculation.
Thanks to Gordon the UK economy is either 7 or 8th largest in the world depending on what exchange rate you use.
But just think how much worse a boom and bust we would have had if OUR economic policy had been run by the ECB for the last few years. The weakness of sterling is the manifestation of the failed economic policy of ramping up a debt fuelled consumer binge. Just how would belonging to a common currency have constrained that? Especially given the LOWER interest rates in the Eurozone for the last ten years?

Also why would Germany, who run economic policy in the Eurozone, permit us to join at parity? Giving British exporters a free lunch for the next ten years -if the Euro lasts that long.

The imperfections in the Euro are becoming glaringly apparent. 150 pips extra for Italian, Greek and Spanish Government debt. (Remember it is a common currency not a single one). And there are plenty of Germans stuffing nice little 500 Euro notes under their mattresses. But only the ones issued by the Bundesbank

Joining the Euro when the spreads on government borrowing are so great that there is serious debate about it being dismantled really doesn't seem the cleverest option. But I suppose it is on a par with dumping gold at the bottom of the market, raiding everyone's pension plans then complaining we have no savings, selling our gas reserves to the French at the bottom of the market, then halving the storage, blowing 3G license fees and windfall taxes on more beancounters...etc etc etc.

The solution to the UK's problems lie in our own hands, not some magic get out of jail free card. There are plenty of people on this forum who plainly are that solution. All talk of working hard. standing on our own feet etc.
Old Jan 1st 2009, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

encodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant future

"But I suppose it is on a par with dumping gold at the bottom of the market, raiding everyone's pension plans then complaining we have no savings, selling our gas reserves to the French at the bottom of the market, then halving the storage, blowing 3G license fees and windfall taxes on more beancounters...etc etc etc."

Thats Gordon for you Prudent and Stupid rolled into one. Oh how I wish we could afford him to be our accountant...
PS...wan't to buy some gold to build up our reserves...contact Mandy on 0044...
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

bil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nice

Hmmmm. I doubt that things would have been any better if the Tories had been running things.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil.w
Hmmmm. I doubt that things would have been any better if the Tories had been running things.
another euro link from the mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...-birthday.html
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 7:07 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

will now living in spain and pay my taxes here in spain , yes it the euro and that what i been trading in for long time , the links to the replys are very good "The pound may be in trouble but don't be fooled by the euro gloaters. Their bogus currency will never see its 20th birthday" will the Euros was 10 years old yesterday , think rember see some press 10 years ago and then few year when we did change to the Euro that it never work , but we 10 years down the road
here link to http://www.forbes.com/markets/2009/0...rss_popstories

well any one holding a uk passport living in spain have no rights , when moving back , but if your a Immigrant you get free every think . yes the pound has dropped and pension are down due to GBP rate , think best think that happen as UK goods are cheaper and vat down as well

dont for get the Euro is used more the the Usa Dollor , it talk about recession in the EU , why is very think in the uk rosee ? NOT

All it is some big fat uk guy behind a computer that never used the euro shotting there head off , well tought luck
Euros still here 10 years later , ha you tell us the dollor will never catch on
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 7:13 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure the pound has got to recover against the euro. I just hope it is soon, that will take the pressure off a lot of folks.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 7:26 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by me me
I am sure the pound has got to recover against the euro. I just hope it is soon, that will take the pressure off a lot of folks.
yes lot living on the pension here hope it will improve for them

low GBP rate less holiday makers to spain