Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

halo money transfers

halo money transfers

Old Dec 6th 2014, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

shazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond repute
Default halo money transfers

at the top of the page there is an advert for halo money transfers anyone used them and any good .
Old Dec 7th 2014, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: halo money transfers

Originally Posted by shazzabob
at the top of the page there is an advert for halo money transfers anyone used them and any good .
No as I have recently discovered Tranferwise and they are brilliant..up to a transfer of two hundred pounds to Spain costs two pounds and mid rate exchange which is better than the bank rate for transfers. there is alos no charge made by the Spanish bank as the money goes from one Spanish bank to another. You transfer the funds to their acount in the UK and they transfer the euros from their account in Spain so its brilliant. I have already saved pounds.
Old Dec 7th 2014, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

dairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nice
Default Re: halo money transfers

Regarding transferwise, I'd be interested to know how long the transaction takes and also how it's described on arrival in your Spanish bank i.e. what name does it arrive under and does it show the original currency?

Thank you
Old Dec 7th 2014, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dairymaid
Regarding transferwise, I'd be interested to know how long the transaction takes and also how it's described on arrival in your Spanish bank i.e. what name does it arrive under and does it show the original currency?

Thank you
From the time I transfer the funds to their account in the UK to the time it arrives in Spain is usually two to three working days. It does not show the original currency on my statement, it just says Transferwise. Try it out. I have used them three times now and been very pleased.
Old Dec 7th 2014, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

dairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nice

great...thank you very much
Old Dec 7th 2014, 7:29 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dairymaid
great...thank you very much
Transferwise sounds great!

But I would also like to hear from anybody re HALO as well, and their rates and charges, please.

AND also if there are any receiving bank charges in Spain, please, with HALO.

Under SEPA which is rolling around Europe - I make Euro-Euro transfers from e.g Belgium to any other EU country for free (up to a limit of I think 50K, maybe more.... but never had to go that far!)

Thanks

Jon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_Euro_Payments_Area
Old Dec 8th 2014, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

shazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond repute

tranferwise were the same price as halo on everything did a bit of homework thanks for the advice will do it with them as got to send big amount over and they are well used and trusted i can see.
Old Dec 8th 2014, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shazzabob
tranferwise were the same price as halo on everything did a bit of homework thanks for the advice will do it with them as got to send big amount over and they are well used and trusted i can see.
Yes Transferwise operate a price matching guarantee so it's just the rate of exchange compared to the bank rate that might make the difference.
Old Dec 8th 2014, 10:02 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisjolly
Yes Transferwise operate a price matching guarantee so it's just the rate of exchange compared to the bank rate that might make the difference.
Its always good to have a 'few arrows in the quiver' as good as transferwise is, has anybody had any experiences with Halo and their fees etc. Like do you pay to receive money in yr account.

Any experiences w Halo (or other ransfer co's) appreciated

Jon
Old Dec 13th 2014, 12:06 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Its always good to have a 'few arrows in the quiver' as good as transferwise is, has anybody had any experiences with Halo and their fees etc. Like do you pay to receive money in yr account.

Any experiences w Halo (or other ransfer co's) appreciated

Jon

Its not normally the currency transfer company that make charges to receive money in your account, it's your choice of bank. So it's your bank you should be asking about receiving charges

Ive used ITT moneycorp, HIFX and currencies direct. None made charges for doing the job (it's all in the rate of exchange which was still competitive) and the only banks I had a problem with were Banco De Valencia and BBVA.
Old Dec 13th 2014, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Its not normally the currency transfer company that make charges to receive money in your account, it's your choice of bank. So it's your bank you should be asking about receiving charges

Ive used ITT moneycorp, HIFX and currencies direct. None made charges for doing the job (it's all in the rate of exchange which was still competitive) and the only banks I had a problem with were Banco De Valencia and BBVA.
With Tranferwise they send the funds to their bank in Spain so it's a spanish bank to whatever spanish bank you have an account with and that should be free. Unicaja do not charge to receive funds from any other spanish bank.
Old Dec 13th 2014, 6:05 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by chrisjolly
With Tranferwise they send the funds to their bank in Spain so it's a spanish bank to whatever spanish bank you have an account with and that should be free. Unicaja do not charge to receive funds from any other spanish bank.
As mentioned in post 6, Spain have signed up to the SEPA so there should not be any receiving charges from funds transferred from any bank within a country in the EU (+others) that has signed up. (Up to the limit).

I have no costs moving Euro's around Europe which I do regularly with SEPA. So Halo/Transferwise/ ITT moneycorp/HIFX/ currencies direct etc etc need to have the converted pound-to-Euros originate in a SEPA country... and then it should be free of all charges. A question to ask when considering a transfer.. also check with your bank too, they should not charge anything.... You just need your IBAN and BIC

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Dec 13th 2014 at 6:10 am.
Old Dec 13th 2014, 9:31 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

As mentioned in post 6, Spain have signed up to the SEPA so there should not be any receiving charges from funds transferred from any bank within a country in the EU (+others) that has signed up. (Up to the limit).

I have no costs moving Euro's around Europe which I do regularly with SEPA. So Halo/Transferwise/ ITT moneycorp/HIFX/ currencies direct etc etc need to have the converted pound-to-Euros originate in a SEPA country... and then it should be free of all charges. A question to ask when considering a transfer.. also check with your bank too, they should not charge anything.... You just need your IBAN and BIC

Jon
I'm currently experiencing a nightmare with the Hacienda. They took 3% from me when we sold our villa, and at the moment that 3% is just sitting there in their bank because the Hacienda are incapable of making an international bank transfer. They wont transfer to a friends Spanish bank account, only one in my name. My only option is to get them to issue a bankers draft to my solicitor and then me fly to Spain to collect it as it's too risky to post!
Old Dec 13th 2014, 12:24 pm
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I'm currently experiencing a nightmare with the Hacienda. They took 3% from me when we sold our villa, and at the moment that 3% is just sitting there in their bank because the Hacienda are incapable of making an international bank transfer. They wont transfer to a friends Spanish bank account, only one in my name. My only option is to get them to issue a bankers draft to my solicitor and then me fly to Spain to collect it as it's too risky to post!
Only in Spain! All it needs is an IBAN and BIC!

Can the lawyer not send it registered/DHL?.. and you pay the postage?

Its never quite over!

Jon
Old Dec 13th 2014, 12:41 pm
Senior Moment

Only in Spain! All it needs is an IBAN and BIC!

Can the lawyer not send it registered/DHL?.. and you pay the postage?

Its never quite over!

Jon
No, they have the complete correct and full IBAN & BIC. I checked with my bank (Santander!) and they conform theres no problem.

I'll have to broach the DHL thing when she eventually gets it, but the problem is that if DHL lose it (surely not) then it is doubtful that the Hacienda will reissue. It would have to be fully insured for full loss I guess

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.