Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Hairdresser Palamos, Playa D'Aro area?

Hairdresser Palamos, Playa D'Aro area?

Old Jun 17th 2009, 7:23 am
Just Joined

tpiace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hairdresser Palamos, Playa D'Aro area?

Does anyone know of any english speaking hairdressers in the Palamos, Playa D'Aro area?

Thanks!
Old Jun 17th 2009, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hairdresser Palamos, Playa D'Aro area?

Originally Posted by tpiace
Does anyone know of any english speaking hairdressers in the Palamos, Playa D'Aro area?

Thanks!

If no-one comes up with a suggestion, here's mine: if it were me & my Spanish were pretty ropy (it is, but I can do this type of thing) I'd go into any hairdressers & ask - in Spanish, obviously - if anyone there speaks English. If you get no joy, ask if they know a hairdresser nearby who speaks English.

I know it'll be easier if you can find someone on BE with a recommendation, not least because it's nice to have a recommendation when it comes to hairdressers! But be prepared....
Old Jun 17th 2009, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Why not learn the Spanish terms for what you want and visit a Spanish hairdresser and maybe have some fun at the same time?

lots of help out there such as this.

http://www.aleida.net/gloss1-en.html

My wife used to drive to visit an English hairdresser as she was worried that a Spanish one would not be used to dealing with very curly hair.
She needn't have worried though she eventually took the plunge and went to a local Spanish girl who charges her around €35 less with far better results.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 9:21 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big wheels
Why not learn the Spanish terms for what you want and visit a Spanish hairdresser and maybe have some fun at the same time?

My wife used to drive to visit an English hairdresser as she was worried that a Spanish one would not be used to dealing with very curly hair.
She needn't have worried though she eventually took the plunge and went to a local Spanish girl who charges her around €35 less with far better results.
are you serious!!!!

you can get a rotten hairdo when when you can speak the language!!!!

I have to say your wife was not only very brave but also very lucky!
Old Jun 19th 2009, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by big wheels

I agree, you are most probably better off eventually learning the Spanish terms and going to a local Spanish hairdresser. They will actually respect you for using their services and trying to converse with them and you never know you might make some new friends. Also, I have found where I live the Spanish hairdressers charge a lot less then the Brit counterparts.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 12:26 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sharon B
I agree, you are most probably better off eventually learning the Spanish terms and going to a local Spanish hairdresser. They will actually respect you for using their services and trying to converse with them and you never know you might make some new friends. Also, I have found where I live the Spanish hairdressers charge a lot less then the Brit counterparts.
totally agree - when you have a bit of spanish under your belt - much better
Old Jun 19th 2009, 1:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sharon B
thumbsup except me smileys 'ave gone awol.....