British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Had some business...... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/had-some-business-488833/)

Pam Sarky Oct 23rd 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Had some business......

Originally Posted by MnM (Post 5457749)
Some strange women do too!! :p:rofl:

Oh dear! :lol:

jdr Oct 23rd 2007 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by XTreme (Post 5457491)
:lol::lol::lol:

I can't say that about jdr......he's a Top Man! :lol:

OK.....let's try again.....

jdr's a Top Man! This is him>>>>>>>>:cool:

In fact....here's a recent shot of him dealing with Mitzy!

jdr>>>>>>http://www.gigabikes.com/forums/html/emoticons/slap.gif<<<<<<Mitzy

Anyway, all you need to do is get it back to the UK for an MOT once a year....so when you bring it out make sure you've got a full ticket.

And only show your passport if you ever get pulled....which you never will on a bike. I've been here two years and all the cops just wave and acknowledge me.

Yes, they are interested in illegal Brit cars on the Costas, but motorcycles are viewed totally differently.

And if anybody can show me a link for a Brit bike getting impounded and crushed by the authorities then I'm all ears. Until you can, all you are able to do is speculate wildly on a hypothetical situation.

Bottom line......make sure your bike is legal in the UK.....and you'll be fine.

(I think I got away with it) :unsure:

You did not tell him its illegal for a Spanish resident (which he will be if he is here for over 3 months) to drive a foreign vehicle, hence the neccesary matriculation.

rugbymatt Oct 23rd 2007 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 5458701)
You did not tell him its illegal for a Spanish resident (which he will be if he is here for over 3 months) to drive a foreign vehicle, hence the neccesary matriculation.

at last the voice of reason!!

keithwalters Oct 23rd 2007 6:48 pm

Oh dear God. I've been away 3 months and when I come back nothing has changed. Still the same old Brit plates on Spanish roads arguments??????

Puuurleeeese!!

Pam Sarky Oct 23rd 2007 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by keithwalters (Post 5458812)
Oh dear God. I've been away 3 months and when I come back nothing has changed. Still the same old Brit plates on Spanish roads arguments??????

Puuurleeeese!!

Nice of you to show up again. Are you going to tell us where youve been? If youve been here and not let me know then I will be very upset Mr Walters :(

Pam Sarky Oct 23rd 2007 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky (Post 5458878)
Nice of you to show up again. Are you going to tell us where youve been? If youve been here and not let me know then I will be very upset Mr Walters :(

Sorry Keith, just read where youve been on the Keith????????? thread.

Sorry to hear about your sad news and I hope you are both managing ok.

We (and I speak for everyone Im sure) are looking forward to having you back on BE again :thumbsup::thumbsup:

XTreme Oct 23rd 2007 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by leighbloke (Post 5458110)
My guess, not too far from Los Nietos looking over the Mar Menor to La Manga??

Spot on LB!

squelch Oct 24th 2007 11:58 am

Hi, hubby will only be staying with me for 6 weeks at a time then back to UK for 6 weeks probably for at least a year. Does that help in our favour:confused:

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 5458701)

scampicat Oct 27th 2007 7:54 am

Originally Posted by squelch (Post 5461464)
Hi, hubby will only be staying with me for 6 weeks at a time then back to UK for 6 weeks probably for at least a year. Does that help in our favour:confused:

Seeing as how no-one is going to give you a sensible answer, I'll try to do so. However I am not an expert.

As far as I know, it is only Spanish residents who have to have their vehicle matriculated.

If your husband is not resident (make sure he's in the UK longer than he is in Spain and not more than a three-month stretch at a time in Spain), then he can ride a bike legally on British plates in Spain providing the bike is legal in the UK.

Enjoy!

mikelincs Oct 27th 2007 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by scampicat (Post 5474833)
Seeing as how no-one is going to give you a sensible answer, I'll try to do so. However I am not an expert.

As far as I know, it is only Spanish residents who have to have their vehicle matriculated.

If your husband is not resident (make sure he's in the UK longer than he is in Spain and not more than a three-month stretch at a time in Spain), then he can ride a bike legally on British plates in Spain providing the bike is legal in the UK.

Enjoy!

he important thing is that the bike or car MUST be legal in the UK, tax, MOT and Insurance, UT if it is over here for more than 6 months, then it MUST be matriculated. The police will ask for your ferry ticket to prove that it hasn't been out of te UK more than 6 months. No ticket, they assume it is illegal and they CAN impound it.

squelch Oct 28th 2007 2:47 pm

Thank you, that helps a lot :thumbsup: