Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Had some business......

Had some business......

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:11 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Had some business......

Originally Posted by XTreme
Don't listen to Mitzy....he's a http://www.maximumbikes.com/forums/i...es/wank4az.gif

In fact....here's a recent shot of him dealing with Spanish Bureaucracy!

Mitzy>>>>>>http://www.maximumbikes.com/forums/i...anana121or.gif<<<<<<Spanish Bureaucracy

Anyway, all you need to do is get it back to the UK for an MOT once a year....so when you bring it out make sure you've got a full ticket.

And only show your passport if you ever get pulled....which you never will on a bike. I've been here two years and all the cops just wave and acknowledge me.

Yes, they are interested in illegal Brit cars on the Costas, but motorcycles are viewed totally differently.

And if anybody can show me a link for a Brit bike getting impounded and crushed by the authorities then I'm all ears. Until you can, all you are able to do is speculate wildly on a hypothetical situation.

Bottom line......make sure your bike is legal in the UK.....and you'll be fine.
Ere you blind numpty ...... I didn't say anything on the subject, it was the bloke you keep ass lickin' up to .... JDR!!!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:15 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, please see rule 3, site rule
No ones saying you don't get away with it, JDR is just telling you the legal ramifications (not hypothetical) because thats his responsibility as a mod on here. What happens after that is your responsibility
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:19 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

I can't say that about jdr......he's a Top Man!

OK.....let's try again.....

jdr's a Top Man! This is him>>>>>>>>

In fact....here's a recent shot of him dealing with Mitzy!

jdr>>>>>><<<<<<Mitzy

Anyway, all you need to do is get it back to the UK for an MOT once a year....so when you bring it out make sure you've got a full ticket.

And only show your passport if you ever get pulled....which you never will on a bike. I've been here two years and all the cops just wave and acknowledge me.

Yes, they are interested in illegal Brit cars on the Costas, but motorcycles are viewed totally differently.

And if anybody can show me a link for a Brit bike getting impounded and crushed by the authorities then I'm all ears. Until you can, all you are able to do is speculate wildly on a hypothetical situation.

(I think I got away with it)
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

squelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura about

Me again, did,nt mean to start a war of words. The bike is only 6 months old so doesnt need an MOT here yet, is that the same in Spain? also the bike is in my husbands name and he wont be living permantly in Spain as he will continue to work in the UK for at least the first year until our business in Spain is paying enough to cover our mortgage. The bike will be stored whilst he his in England, does this make a difference. We dont want to break any laws but we paid a lot of money for our private plate and dont want to throw that money down the pan.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:39 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you got a great get-out clause to me squelch!

But I'm no expert on the legalities.....only the illegalities!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:47 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

I can never understand why men get so bloody worked up about bikes and cars
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:49 pm

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky

With you on that one
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:51 pm
Mucho Macho

I can't understand the car thing either Sam.

But bikes....that's a different thing altogether!

Driving a car is like living your life looking through a TV screen.....riding a bike is living your life! 'Nuff said!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:52 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't understand the car thing either Sam.

But bikes....that's a different thing altogether!

Driving a car is like living your life looking through a TV screen.....riding a bike is living your life! 'Nuff said!
Im looking forward to Mitzy and RM`s reply to that one
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 2:04 pm
Mucho Macho

Im looking forward to Mitzy and RM`s reply to that one
Sam....does it get any better than this?

Well perhaps a couple of young senoritas swooning at my feet would help!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 2:17 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Some strange women do too!!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 2:59 pm
Senior Moment

http://www.maximumbikes.com/pics/xts9.jpg

Wheres that then?
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 3:04 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

[/URL]<<<<<<Mitzy

(I think I got away with it)
Utter shite!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.maximumbikes.com/pics/xts9.jpg

Lose the crappy bike and the ugly bloke with the dodgy ginger bouffant and it'd be a nice photo.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Wheres that then?
My guess, not too far from Los Nietos looking over the Mar Menor to La Manga??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.