Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Hacienda Request for Information - UK Rental Income

Hacienda Request for Information - UK Rental Income

Old Apr 1st 2014, 8:50 pm
Living in NW Galicia

Brano77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hacienda Request for Information - UK Rental Income

My Renta 2012 included details of income from a property I own in the UK. I have received today a letter from the Agencia Tributaria requesting information to support this rental income and the allowances claimed against it in the return. I use a gestor to complete my return.

They are specifically asking for a photocopy of the contract, receipts, proof of payment of rent, and proof of 100% of ownership. I use an agent in the UK and there is no problem in putting together the necessary information but of course it would be in English. The rental agreement, 12 monthly rental statements, mortgage details, HM Land Registry Document etc will amount to quite a sizeable amount of paperwork, quite possibly not acceptable in English.

Has anyone experience of what form of information is acceptable and the best way of communicating it? I note I have 10 working days to provide the information!