Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

gutted for Miss Naughty

gutted for Miss Naughty

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

maddiemole has a brilliant futuremaddiemole has a brilliant futuremaddiemole has a brilliant futuremaddiemole has a brilliant futuremaddiemole has a brilliant futuremaddiemole has a brilliant future
Default gutted for Miss Naughty

What a shame,can`t imagine what happened but I don`t suppose its easy,we are moving in 2wks and are terrified,you never really know if you are doing the right thing and as we have to work the pressure is on,but we are keeping our uk home as as safety net and have found a 3mth rental so no pressure their either,but was really hoping it would pan out ok for the Naughty clan after all they went through,I would have given up long before!!!!!
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:28 pm
Account Closed

Sue-Tom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: gutted for Miss Naughty

Hi,
Yes I was sorry to hear about Naughties return to UK.
We are also moving over to Spain in 2 weeks.
butterflies and excited.
Hoping we have made right decision, put alot of time and effort into researching area, making friends before move, talking to lots of people .Finding an interpreter to accompany us to meetings has proved very useful, but make sure it's someone you can trust.

Sue
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 9:58 am
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by maddiemole
What a shame,can`t imagine what happened but I don`t suppose its easy,we are moving in 2wks and are terrified,you never really know if you are doing the right thing and as we have to work the pressure is on,but we are keeping our uk home as as safety net and have found a 3mth rental so no pressure their either,but was really hoping it would pan out ok for the Naughty clan after all they went through,I would have given up long before!!!!!
I would nt worry your self we dont know why they come back ! im making move in 3 months very worried / scared / excited but i think this is the norm though a lot people on here who have made move to spain have gone though the same emotions but when we have heard from them out there they are loving there new life so dont worry !
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of knock backs, excess paper work for everything you do, language, the list could go on, but just think "why I" came to Spain and gave up a life in UK, look out the beginning of March to a dark blue sky, sit here in shorts and T shirt, 26 deg, no hussle and bussle of UK life all dark and gloomy, happy people, stress free life.....................shall I go on????? Be prepared for a few pitfalls, it will not go smoothly, but, best thing we ever did, just wish we had done it sooner, good luck to you all
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future

It is sad but it must of been something serious for them to come back and they can use what they have learnt when they return. I think my worst nightmare would be losing a lot of money on a property but this is because of all the programes you watch in the UK.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

Second that mrs jdr....

Guys.....it'll be worth everything in the end, they'll probably be a few things that don't go to plan but hey ho.......been here for 9 months now...me, hubby and two small kids.......found it a bit stressful at times. But like mrs jdr are said, we remembered why we moved in the first place and it put things in perspective.

Love it here...!!

Kids have been outside playing since about 9am off and on, in the garden, my sons learning to climb the lemon tree (he's only 4) so warm here, sun's shining.....people are smiling !!! Lifes fab.

Good luck to you all....let us know how it goes!!

P.S Sending out loads of hugs....me thinks the Naughty's need 'em....bet they feel soooooo low after all they've been thru
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 12:01 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Originally Posted by mrsjdr
Lots of knock backs, excess paper work for everything you do, language, the list could go on, but just think "why I" came to Spain and gave up a life in UK, look out the beginning of March to a dark blue sky, sit here in shorts and T shirt, 26 deg, no hussle and bussle of UK life all dark and gloomy, happy people, stress free life.....................shall I go on????? Be prepared for a few pitfalls, it will not go smoothly, but, best thing we ever did, just wish we had done it sooner, good luck to you all
Stress free,I dont think so,try living with no electricity,with two young kids.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 12:06 pm
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Douglas jack
Stress free,I dont think so,try living with no electricity,with two young kids.
So why do you say that then ?
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 12:11 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Originally Posted by pjj
Because when the generator gets switched off,its time for bed.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of

When and where are you guys going? we're also going in just over 2 weeks, its all beginning to get to me now, boxes everywere and still in my pajamas at 1.30 in the afternoon coz i cant find most of my clothes
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 1:37 pm
pjj
sun lover

Originally Posted by cajam31
When and where are you guys going? we're also going in just over 2 weeks, its all beginning to get to me now, boxes everywere and still in my pajamas at 1.30 in the afternoon coz i cant find most of my clothes
im heading for the costa tropical next door to costa del crime !
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 2:14 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pjj
I can't imagine what happened to the Naughties and I hope its not just because they were put off by the "challenges" that immediately face you when you move to a new country. The time they spent here was not long enough to reverse such a big decision unless there was another side to the story.

You have to be strong on committment when you first get here ... there are many things to do to establish your life here and if you don't know the language it can be quite stressful getting them done.

We have a tremendous next door neighbour who speaks Spanish, and without them I'm not quite sure if we'd have coped so well initially.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 5:33 pm
Account Closed

Sue-Tom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cajam31
Hi,
Moving to Costa de la Luz, Spanish border with Portugal so can hop between both.
Sue
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 5:40 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think they gave it long enough but then we don't know the circumstances and with three young children it must have been difficult and stressful. I really wish she would make contact with the site and let us know what happened to bring them back home.

My daughter has been in Spain 6 weeks now, 2 with us then on her own for the past 4 weeks and I have had tears and stress from her over the phone but she was determined to stick it out. Today I phoned her and she was out 'with friends' (she didn't know anyone a week ago!) in Albir, she was describing the breathtaking views, the mountains, the weather (32 degrees ) she has a job lined up in a bar near where she lives and sounded really happy. I told her she could come home if it doesn't work out and her answer was "NO WAY"
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 5:42 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
I don't think they gave it long enough but then we don't know the circumstances and with three young children it must have been difficult and stressful. I really wish she would make contact with the site and let us know what happened to bring them back home.

My daughter has been in Spain 6 weeks now, 2 with us then on her own for the past 4 weeks and I have had tears and stress from her over the phone but she was determined to stick it out. Today I phoned her and she was out 'with friends' (she didn't know anyone a week ago!) in Albir, she was describing the breathtaking views, the mountains, the weather (32 degrees ) she has a job lined up in a bar near where she lives and sounded really happy. I told her she could come home if it doesn't work out and her answer was "NO WAY"
Did you mention that she has had some interest in her from a cyber hunk?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.