Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

guardia civil...fine...where to pay ?

guardia civil...fine...where to pay ?

Old Feb 3rd 2008, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default guardia civil...fine...where to pay ?

does anyone know if fines can be paid locally ? the guy that gave the ticket just said Valencia so Im assuming its a the traffico office
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 5:23 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: guardia civil...fine...where to pay ?

Originally Posted by spain
does anyone know if fines can be paid locally ? the guy that gave the ticket just said Valencia so Im assuming its a the traffico office
What fine? .... I had a parking fine and I just went to the local traffico office and then to the bank with the form
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 5:36 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Our experience (for a parking ticket, issued by the local police) is that you wait until you receive a letter. Then go to the Post Office and pay the fine. Use cash but there are still costs involved for the transfer. All the instructions on how to pay should be on the back of the ticket. Our mistake was we thought we would get a discount if paid within something like 60 days. You do, but that is after the letter is sent out. We paid before the arrival of the letter. Then received the letter. So phone the local Police office and they then traced the payment. All ended well.

But of course this being Spain each area will have its own system!
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
What fine? .... I had a parking fine and I just went to the local traffico office and then to the bank with the form
150€ for not having an ITV
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 6:29 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

150€ for not having an ITV
Uh ohhh ...

Well I guess its the same system, but I didn't know about the letter mentioned above, and we certainly never got one for our parking fine. however I did pay it the next day as I had to leave for the UK
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Uh ohhh ...

Well I guess its the same system, but I didn't know about the letter mentioned above, and we certainly never got one for our parking fine. however I did pay it the next day as I had to leave for the UK
I know, doh we bought the van brand new and totally forgot about getting an ITV

on the back of the fine (from what I can understand) its says if you pay within 30 days you get a 30% discount and payments can be made in Banco Santander (no branch specified) - but as the Guardia said to pay it in Valencia (the ticket was issued in Xeraco) it made us wonder where exactly......maybe he meant anywhere in "Valencia" region
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 6:52 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I know, doh we bought the van brand new and totally forgot about getting an ITV

on the back of the fine (from what I can understand) its says if you pay within 30 days you get a 30% discount and payments can be made in Banco Santander (no branch specified) - but as the Guardia said to pay it in Valencia (the ticket was issued in Xeraco) it made us wonder where exactly......maybe he meant anywhere in "Valencia" region
How about paying it in the bank and faxing a copy of the payslip to the Guardia office on the ticket.
Keep the payslip in case they pull you again. ;-))
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jdr
How about paying it in the bank and faxing a copy of the payslip to the Guardia office on the ticket.
Keep the payslip in case they pull you again. ;-))
well we will start in Gandia at the Santander bank and go from there

got the ITV same day we got the fine
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 10:14 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I know that it is something different but my OH got two (yes two) fines for driving in the bus lane in Granada. Did not know that he had done wrong at the time but received the paperwork a couple of weeks later. We paid it into the local branch of the bank stated on the back of the paperwork and there were no problems.

Rosemary