British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Guadiana Market (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/guadiana-market-908337/)

guesswork Jan 23rd 2018 6:43 pm

Guadiana Market

The shop reopens tomorrow

EsuriJohn Jan 24th 2018 1:15 am

Re: Guadiana Market

Originally Posted by guesswork (Post 12425852)
The shop reopens tomorrow

The Mayor of Costa Esuri has pronounced it will open!

MikeJ Jan 25th 2018 10:05 am

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn (Post 12426121)
The Mayor of Costa Esuri has pronounced it will open!

Are you implying that everything the Mayor decrees will come to pass? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

keithBT Jan 26th 2018 9:44 am

Excuse my ignorance guys, but what is the Guadiana Market? Do you mean the market that appeared on the golf club car park last year or something different??

csrich Jan 26th 2018 9:58 am

The Guadiana Market is the shop/bar by Las Lomas.

keithBT Jan 26th 2018 10:34 am

Oh OK, thanks for that. I've just called it either the shop or the bread shop. I was never aware of the Guadiana Market term. Thought it might be something new and exciting !! doh.

MikeJ Jan 26th 2018 11:13 am

Originally Posted by keithBT (Post 12427958)
Oh OK, thanks for that. I've just called it either the shop or the bread shop. I was never aware of the Guadiana Market term. Thought it might be something new and exciting !! doh.

It does actually have the name in quite big letters over the door! :huh:;)

keithBT Jan 26th 2018 4:38 pm

Hi Mike, I've cycled past there often, never noticed the sign. Trouble is by that time the brain has shut down into holiday mode. Come to think of it, the brain isn't that great anytime !! ha ha.

EsuriJohn Jan 26th 2018 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by MikeJ (Post 12427199)
Are you implying that everything the Mayor decrees will come to pass? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

No but what Mick B says will. Mick for Mayor of Costa Esuri.

David and Margaret Jan 30th 2018 3:21 pm

Very surprised to read that Guadiana Market has been closed. What has happened since we were last there in late October? When did it close and why? Or have we misunderstood? It seemed quite busy when we were there and still as popular. Is it bureaucracy again? Out again in a few weeks time and just want to know what the situation is.

MikeJ Jan 30th 2018 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by David and Margaret (Post 12430628)
Very surprised to read that Guadiana Market has been closed. What has happened since we were last there in late October? When did it close and why? Or have we misunderstood? It seemed quite busy when we were there and still as popular. Is it bureaucracy again? Out again in a few weeks time and just want to know what the situation is.

Winter break for Amalia and Manalo ??

Margaret and Derek Jan 31st 2018 4:13 am

Originally Posted by David and Margaret (Post 12430628)

Opened again last week.

EsuriJohn Jan 31st 2018 9:05 am

Originally Posted by MikeJ (Post 12430844)
Winter break for Amalia and Manalo ??

Electricity supply failure.

David and Margaret Jan 31st 2018 10:38 am

Thanks for the replies. Delighted that the shop is up and running again.

Jon-Bxl Feb 6th 2018 6:52 am

Originally Posted by keithBT (Post 12427939)
Excuse my ignorance guys, but what is the Guadiana Market? Do you mean the market that appeared on the golf club car park last year or something different??

AKA "The local", "Chez Amalia"..... and as you know "the shop". The last being the most popular. In fact in conversation I dont think I've heard the term 'Guadiana Market' more than a few times over the years. Used mainly on the forum.

Is the Monday Club still going to be alive & kicking now its re-opened please?

Jon