Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

great garage service

great garage service

Old Jun 30th 2008, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

SHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud of
Default great garage service

Today i took my british car for its first year service in Calpe at the Opal dealership. they checked the oil,brakes etc ,even repaired the digital clock on the dashboard. Price 44 euros. I was expecting at least 250-300 euros. What a bargain anyone had that kind of price?
Old Jul 1st 2008, 6:03 am
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of
Default Re: great garage service

Originally Posted by SHERGAR
Today i took my british car for its first year service in Calpe at the Opal dealership. they checked the oil,brakes etc ,even repaired the digital clock on the dashboard. Price 44 euros. I was expecting at least 250-300 euros. What a bargain anyone had that kind of price?
Bargain......... My Volvo is going for it´s service on Thursday. Think it just might be a bit more than 44€. I will let you know.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 6:12 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

It's because the labour rates are so much lower than the UK.

Our SEAT main dealer charges 32€ an hour. In the UK it can be 3 times higher - or more.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: great garage service

Originally Posted by Fred James
It's because the labour rates are so much lower than the UK.

Our SEAT main dealer charges 32€ an hour. In the UK it can be 3 times higher - or more.
VW and Mercedes in MK charge at least £90 an hour. Thats over a €100 per hr just to plug it the computor and tell you it will take 9hrs plus parts and VAT at 17.5% on the lot!
Old Jul 1st 2008, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
VW and Mercedes in MK charge at least £90 an hour. Thats over a €100 per hr just to plug it the computor and tell you it will take 9hrs plus parts and VAT at 17.5% on the lot!
Hi
the prices change a lot depending on the city you do the repair. If you take your car to a garage in Madrid, it's sure, the prices will be higher
Old Jul 1st 2008, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

In Spain, there is also a healthy network of small, trustworthy local workshops and garages that won't charge the earth and are actually able to diagnose and repair rather than only replace components.