Reload this Page >

Granada. Doing a reccie

Granada. Doing a reccie

Old Jan 25th 2020, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Slowlycatchymonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Granada. Doing a reccie

Originally Posted by missile
I would not bother with a solicitor for rental, would you do that in UK? You might need to get contract translated, but that is cheap and agent ought to do that for you. It is quite a journey to the slopes from Granada, you might want to consider staying at the resort. When we visited we found the hotel quite nice and reasonably priced, the slopes were ...........…. disappointing.
Probably not but then I’ve never rented a property. Sage advice.
The ski area is just a bonus item, what I’m after is some good weather and empty tarmac to ride my mobike about in.
The thing I find most disappointing about booking ski holidays is how you can spend muchos moola and have poor snow or a resort that’s so busy you’re queuing forever. The house I requested to view is 40 mins from the ski centre and I can easily stomach driving that.
In what way was the skiing disappointing?
Old Jan 25th 2020, 4:13 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

If you are anything above beginner standard(?) you will be disappointed with the skiing. Difficult to fit skiis on an SP1

but you will enjoy motorcycling in Spain.

Old Jan 25th 2020, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Sounds like it might be a bit disappointing then. Heyho.
Nice bike, what area did you settle on?
Im looking at these lovely empty roads and thinking theyre just what I need plus itll be a great base for starting rides further afield.
Old Jan 25th 2020, 5:00 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I settled further north in Costa Blanca, but have travelled all over Europe by motorcycle. The weather and roads in Spain are great for m/c. Once you get away from the coast & larger cities there is very little traffic.

Old Jan 25th 2020, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

I’ve been almost nowhere by bike! The UK and recently rode through the Himalayas (Nepal n Tibet) but so need some regular good tarmac and sunshine, Spain (back in away from the touristy bits) seems just the thing for me. One glance at the UK weather forecast and that’s me in a bit of a quiet strop until the sun half shows it’s head!
Not sure exactly where I’ll land up but it’s easy to rent around Granada and cheap n easy to fly to Malaga so that’s where I’ll start off.

Blimey 134bhp and now dearer than a brand spanking new bike. I knew they were good but obviously they’re way better than I realised. Is that all your touring gear atop your bike?!
Old Jan 26th 2020, 2:59 am
Started off with nothing

Originally Posted by Slowlycatchymonkey
Blimey 134bhp and now dearer than a brand spanking new bike. I knew they were good but obviously they’re way better than I realised. Is that all your touring gear atop your bike?!
Not your average touring bike, but a lot of fun to ride. That was luggage for a weeks touring for "Tres Amigos"
Old Feb 13th 2020, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Recce number 2 completed.
Yep the skiing at Sierra Nevada is a simple affair and expensive for a lift pass (€52 a day) but I quite liked it. Would be good for a couple of days at a time.
Finding a property to rent was time consuming and unproductive. Four of the five properties I tried to arrange to see were gone before we got there which was frustrating as we had driven to the area beforehand to see if it was worth bothering with a viewing. The one we looked at had the owner still living there in the garage underneath! A day after our return to the UK two of the good ones were relisted- grrr.
I think you need a lot longer than a week to find a rental place so I have rented a property (unseen) that they only want to let until end of June. The pictures are of a tidy new build so fingers crossed.
The landlord seems a lovely guy with lots of humour and help on offer. Looking at the number of enquiries he’s had I think at £388 a month we have been lucky to get it. Although its next to the beach (Salobrena) in a busy area and a ‘gated community’ I have a good feeling about it.
Now I just need to figure out when the cheap flights are so I can make the most of it.
Any cheap flight tips to Malaga gratefully received.
Old Feb 13th 2020, 3:40 pm
Started off with nothing

Good result. Is that 388 per month March through June?
Old Feb 13th 2020, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks. Yes 388 March-June. It’s a holiday let July n August when for me it’ll be too hot anyway and Id just end up glued to the square metre where the aircon makes a difference!
Wondered if you have any advice about bikes in Spain. I’m thinking of squeezing the budget now and getting a bike to leave out there cos the main reason for the move for is the riding- it’s part of testing the waters.

Last edited by Slowlycatchymonkey; Feb 13th 2020 at 5:33 pm.
Old Feb 13th 2020, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Recce number 2 completed.

Now I just need to figure out when the cheap flights are so I can make the most of it.
Any cheap flight tips to Malaga gratefully received.
Loads of options , Ryanair out of Standsted or Luton to start. Use Skyscanner or similar it will show the best options
Old Feb 13th 2020, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Loafing along. I’ll be looking at going from Bristol as it’s only 20 mins from where I live. I know to avoid Saturdays and school holidays but was wondering if certain times or dates are better priced. I’ll try out sky scanner 👍
Old Feb 13th 2020, 5:57 pm
Started off with nothing

Thanks. Yes 388 March-June. It’s a holiday let July n August when for me it’ll be too hot anyway and Id just end up glued to the square metre where the aircon makes a difference!
Wondered if you have any advice about bikes in Spain. I’m thinking of squeezing the budget now and getting a bike to leave out there cos the main reason for the move for is the riding- it’s part of testing the waters.
I took my bike to Spain. Be aware insurance for bikes is much more than in UK, however you do get free breakdown cover included. I never did rematriculate a bike onto Spanish plates for that reason. Very naughty I know :-( I have ridden around Andalucia and the roads there are ace. I am sure there will be a local bike club near Salobrena. You might want to check social media and the free press for details.
Old Feb 13th 2020, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Loafing along. I’ll be looking at going from Bristol as it’s only 20 mins from where I live. I know to avoid Saturdays and school holidays but was wondering if certain times or dates are better priced. I’ll try out sky scanner 👍
We have done that route. Easyjet is your best bet , more civilised than Ryanair
Old Feb 13th 2020, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

missile thats a great idea, didn’t cross my mind to look at bike clubs but that’s probably because I’m only a sporadically sociable person :-D
Its mainly sorting the insurance etc that makes me think buy it here n cover it for there. That and buying any vehicle seems to be a weird back n forth game of
”How much have you got in your wallet?”
“Crikey, you want how much? oh no no no!”
It’s a game I’d rather play in a language I understand!

Loafing Along haha I did Ryanair for one trip to Spain, it felt borderline reportable to trading standards on what’s not included
Old Jul 4th 2020, 8:14 am
Just Joined

IdaFox is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you still in Spain and how has it been. We are coming out in August to look at houses.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.