Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

got appointments with

got appointments with

Old Apr 14th 2007, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

Darren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: got appointments with

Ps. Property commissions are highest in Torrevieja and Costa Blanca South than probably any where on the costas. Normal agent commission is 10% can be more. That is alot of money. eg. 400.000 euros villa, that is 40k or more in commissions with the agent.

1. Do you want to go to Torrevieja
2. Do you want to use an agent.

MMM. Call me, or contact me if you want advice. thanks dc.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Darren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the rough

Yes, I dont want to upset any one, but at the same time people need to be told how it is. I think that is a problem, we need to look around, compare areas. Hey if you are happy in Torrevieja, many people are , power to you, but if you have not looked around, there is alot of problems in Torrevieja, it is not like other parts of Spain, I think my comments were fair, and they are my comments. We all have opinions.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 10:46 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Goldberg Global
, I think my comments were fair, and they are my comments. We all have opinions.
My comment was light hearted ... we have this discussion from time to time on here and I know of people who hate the place with a vengence because of what has happened to them there.
I tend to think its not the place I'd like to be ..... we all have our own opinions, and mine is tempered because I have never been there, just judging on what I have heard
Old Apr 14th 2007, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Why do you want to live in Torrevieja? It has the highest crime per capita than any other place in Spain? Crazy one way system, no real urban planning, it is like public housing in the sun. What draws you to this place? There are many places in Spain but please see more than Torrevieja, and the suburbs. To fellow inhabitats of Torrevieja, take a drive in your car, north, south, inland have a look around.
Not planning on living in torrevieja, using it as a base while we have a drive round. I am looking at living maybe 15 - 20 mins inland and although the idea of living in ''real spain'' does appeal not very practical with 2 teenagers who no speaka de language!! or 2 adults that don't 4 that matter!!:
Old Apr 14th 2007, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

What are you going to do? Is it for a home, permanent living or holiday destination. If the former, you should think through alot, holiday homes, you can be a bit more relaxed about. Investment wise eg. because of costs and taxes and resale costs, it is not that good.

Place to live fantastic.
Place to work mmm.
Place to retire great

What are your needs.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

What are you going to do? Is it for a home, permanent living or holiday destination. If the former, you should think through alot, holiday homes, you can be a bit more relaxed about. Investment wise eg. because of costs and taxes and resale costs, it is not that good.

Place to live fantastic.
Place to work mmm.
Place to retire great

What are your needs.
Gonna do loads of research hence why I ask so many questions! gonna be going to live, hubby will still work in England, which is why we are going for the alicante region ( flights every day from our local airports ) and also why I don't want to be out in the sticks.. I know a bit of spanish and am trying to get lessons here in England at the mo but if not will have to get them there. I have worked in catering before I am at present a receptionist. So maybe able to get myself a bit of part-time work
Old Apr 14th 2007, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

We used to have place Alicante South, north of Torrevieja, after a year, we sold and moved north of Alicante, which we found to be much nicer. most people come out of Alicante and turn left, instead of looking around, if you turn right, past Benidorm, it is much nice and you have a choice of Alicante and Valencia airports. Is nicer area (in our opinion, having lived in both areas.)

as I am an agent as well, I get clients that have bbrought in your area, that want now to leave. So we have some resales here. But the question is why buy something where you dont want to be.

the sun is great in spain, but choose a nice area too. Try Costa Blanca North. Coastal or Inland. In my opinion. Personally I work in both areas, but prefer up here costa blanca north, and the prices are nearly the same. probably a little more but you get alot more back for a slightly more invested.

regards D.c Funny I have to go to Alicante airport in about 1 hour or less.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 11:58 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeanc
Gonna do loads of research hence why I ask so many questions! gonna be going to live, hubby will still work in England, which is why we are going for the alicante region ( flights every day from our local airports )
Valencia airport serves the Northern CB amd Costa Del Azahar
Thomsonfly do flights from your area I think, and they are consistently cheaper to Valencia than Alicante in my experience
Old Apr 14th 2007, 11:59 pm
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice

Got appointments with 3 different estate agents when we come to Torrevieja on 27th. Got any good tips on how to handle them if they get too pushy? Or are they quite easy going as a rule?
I say something like "I am here buy something. If I see something I like I will buy it but the biggest turn off for me is pressure sales. I dont respond, I will walk away if you attempt to pressure me" and thats job done basically. Almost always works
Old Apr 15th 2007, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

We used to have place Alicante South, north of Torrevieja, after a year, we sold and moved north of Alicante, which we found to be much nicer. most people come out of Alicante and turn left, instead of looking around, if you turn right, past Benidorm, it is much nice and you have a choice of Alicante and Valencia airports. Is nicer area (in our opinion, having lived in both areas.)

as I am an agent as well, I get clients that have bbrought in your area, that want now to leave. So we have some resales here. But the question is why buy something where you dont want to be.

the sun is great in spain, but choose a nice area too. Try Costa Blanca North. Coastal or Inland. In my opinion. Personally I work in both areas, but prefer up here costa blanca north, and the prices are nearly the same. probably a little more but you get alot more back for a slightly more invested.

regards D.c Funny I have to go to Alicante airport in about 1 hour or less.
personally I think one of the most beautifull areas of spain is Almeria, Just not enough flights. I love Finestratt, but a bit expensive. I'm not going to jump in anywhere without trying it 1st. When I get there I will drive and see all the beautiful places in spain, after all will still need a holiday at least once a year!
Old Apr 15th 2007, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Valencia airport serves the Northern CB amd Costa Del Azahar
Thomsonfly do flights from your area I think, and they are consistently cheaper to Valencia than Alicante in my experience
will check it out. thanx
Old Apr 15th 2007, 2:41 am
Senior Moment

will check it out. thanx
Jean I found this site for Oliva which has
a virtual tour of Oliva - hope you find it interesting

http://www.tourist-oliva.com/oliva_v..._index_qt.html
Old Apr 15th 2007, 2:47 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

We stayed in Oliva when we came over house hunting and visit occasionally but this will help us to visit different areas.

Thanks

Rosemary
Old Apr 15th 2007, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanx I'll have a look.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

Big_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really nice

Why do you want to live in Torrevieja? It has the highest crime per capita than any other place in Spain? Crazy one way system, no real urban planning, it is like public housing in the sun. What draws you to this place? There are many places in Spain but please see more than Torrevieja, and the suburbs. To fellow inhabitats of Torrevieja, take a drive in your car, north, south, inland have a look around.

Terrible thing to say but true, have had some friends of mine who bought there thought they were in the ( no offence to anyone ) East End of london years ago, but now had Russians & other Eastern bloc mobsters (thieving ) sorry living next to them

Then they decided to sell and it took them 2 years.

Agree with all of Goldberg comments, shame really

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.