Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

got appointments with

got appointments with

Old Apr 14th 2007, 4:00 am
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice
Question got appointments with

Got appointments with 3 different estate agents when we come to Torrevieja on 27th. Got any good tips on how to handle them if they get too pushy? Or are they quite easy going as a rule?
Old Apr 14th 2007, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

Mr Impish will become famous soon enoughMr Impish will become famous soon enough
Default Re: got appointments with

Put into the conversation very early that you don't like pushy estate agents. Gently pointing out there are plenty of estate agents about!
If it works get there under your own steam! If they become too OTT then walk/drive away. If you go in their car you are kind of stuck with them making the rules.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mr Impish
Put into the conversation very early that you don't like pushy estate agents. Gently pointing out there are plenty of estate agents about!
If it works get there under your own steam! If they become too OTT then walk/drive away. If you go in their car you are kind of stuck with them making the rules.
Already suggested to the one that we are meeting 1st that we would meet them somewhere, don,t want them at my hotel. How many euros commision do you think they put on the price of the property?
Old Apr 14th 2007, 4:21 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeanc
Got appointments with 3 different estate agents when we come to Torrevieja on 27th. Got any good tips on how to handle them if they get too pushy? Or are they quite easy going as a rule?
start practising this............

no no No NO NO NO NO!
Old Apr 14th 2007, 5:31 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Already suggested to the one that we are meeting 1st that we would meet them somewhere, don,t want them at my hotel. How many euros commision do you think they put on the price of the property?
How ever much they think they can get away with. The same property can be on with different agents at different prices so they will take the commission and whatever extra they can make on top of it!
Old Apr 14th 2007, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lynnxa
start practising this............

no no No NO NO NO NO!
made me chuckle
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure they buy you Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, remove your consience before you meet them, neeeever think they are your friend...you are just a pay packet to them......I jest not........ use them as a tool to your end result if you have to use them........Oh and Tapas in between, tell them it helps you make decisions if you eat regularily.....
Old Apr 14th 2007, 8:11 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
Make sure they buy you Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, remove your consience before you meet them, neeeever think they are your friend...you are just a pay packet to them......I jest not........ use them as a tool to your end result if you have to use them........Oh and Tapas in between, tell them it helps you make decisions if you eat regularily.....
Old Apr 14th 2007, 8:15 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
and buy the most expensive items on the menu, reckon we must have cost ours well over 200 Euros in 2 days, apart form petrol etc.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikelincs
and buy the most expensive items on the menu, reckon we must have cost ours well over 200 Euros in 2 days, apart form petrol etc.
you're a crafty lot
Old Apr 14th 2007, 8:54 am

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Hi jeanc

Not sure if you're looking for off plan or re-sale, but Spanish agents are a law un to theirselves. I am putting my house on the market and over the last two day I have had 4 through the door. The 1st one charges the seller (us)
3 1/2%, the 2nd charges us the seller nothing but the buyer 3%, the 3rd charges 5% that is spilt between the seller and buyer and the last one charge 3% also split between the seller and the buyer.

So one of the questions you need to ask is "will I be charged a % of the house price for your services" what often happens is the buyer is un-aware of this charge until the very last moment ie when the bill is handed over at the notary's office. This is re-sale
Old Apr 14th 2007, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Hi jeanc

Not sure if you're looking for off plan or re-sale, but Spanish agents are a law un to theirselves. I am putting my house on the market and over the last two day I have had 4 through the door. The 1st one charges the seller (us)
3 1/2%, the 2nd charges us the seller nothing but the buyer 3%, the 3rd charges 5% that is spilt between the seller and buyer and the last one charge 3% also split between the seller and the buyer.

So one of the questions you need to ask is "will I be charged a % of the house price for your services" what often happens is the buyer is un-aware of this charge until the very last moment ie when the bill is handed over at the notary's office. This is re-sale
Thanxs for the tip. Why is everything so complicated?
Old Apr 14th 2007, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanxs for the tip. Why is everything so complicated?
To ensure they all make loadsamoney.....
Old Apr 14th 2007, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

Darren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the rough

Why do you want to live in Torrevieja? It has the highest crime per capita than any other place in Spain? Crazy one way system, no real urban planning, it is like public housing in the sun. What draws you to this place? There are many places in Spain but please see more than Torrevieja, and the suburbs. To fellow inhabitats of Torrevieja, take a drive in your car, north, south, inland have a look around.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 10:40 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Goldberg Global
Why do you want to live in Torrevieja? It has the highest crime per capita than any other place in Spain? Crazy one way system, no real urban planning, it is like public housing in the sun. What draws you to this place? There are many places in Spain but please see more than Torrevieja, and the suburbs. To fellow inhabitats of Torrevieja, take a drive in your car, north, south, inland have a look around.
And of course you say that without wishing to upset any of the residents of Torrevieja on this forum don't you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.