Goodbye Sky TV

Old Jan 24th 2013, 3:18 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goodbye Sky TV

As from yesterday 23/1/2013 we have lost all the sky TV programes on a small dish .. even sky news..
Old Jan 24th 2013, 3:21 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

http://satandpcguy.com/blog/2013/01/...anary-islands/

Some SKY TV channels move to their new European beam on Astra 2F - loss of some channels in some are
satandpcguy.com
Sat and PC Guy – News Blog - Sat and PC Guy – News Blog
Old Jan 24th 2013, 4:16 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tommy.irene
As from yesterday 23/1/2013 we have lost all the sky TV programes on a small dish .. even sky news..
You should not have lost ALL channels - but yes, a few frequencies have moved satellites, and reception in GC has been affected - even on those with larger dishes....

http://satandpcguy.com/blog/2013/01/...anary-islands/

Some SKY TV channels move to their new European beam on Astra 2F - loss of some channels in some are
satandpcguy.com
Sat and PC Guy – News Blog - Sat and PC Guy – News Blog
Old Jan 24th 2013, 4:22 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

Originally Posted by The Guy
You should not have lost ALL channels - but yes, a few frequencies have moved satellites, and reception in GC has been affected - even on those with larger dishes....

I have lost all my free channels that i get with a card in.. Is freesat boxes working ok..
Old Jan 24th 2013, 4:40 pm

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

I have lost all my free channels that i get with a card in.. Is freesat boxes working ok..
If you cannot get them on one box, then you will not get them on another.
So if you cannot get them on a Sky bxo, you will not get them on a Freesat box, as both boxes get their channels from the same signals and satellites.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 4:46 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

You say on your site that a number of Sky channels have moved to 2F and that you now get much better reception and you seem to be implying that it is because they have been put on the pan European beam rather than the UK spot beam.

However I seem to remember that you also got improved reception on the channels that moved to the UK beam.

It makes a big difference in the south as we cannot get the UK spot beam. I don't have Sky so I cannot check it but are you sure that they are not on the UK beam?
Old Jan 24th 2013, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by Fred James
You say on your site that a number of Sky channels have moved to 2F and that you now get much better reception and you seem to be implying that it is because they have been put on the pan European beam rather than the UK spot beam.

However I seem to remember that you also got improved reception on the channels that moved to the UK beam.

It makes a big difference in the south as we cannot get the UK spot beam. I don't have Sky so I cannot check it but are you sure that they are not on the UK beam?
If you can get Sky News (a free channel available Sky, freesat and other receivers and one that is affected) , then that is on the Pan European beam. If you cannot receive Sky News then, like "The Fives" it will be on the UK beam.

As there have not been any reports of people in other "2F UK beam" areas (like Barcelona or CDS) having issues. Just extreme fringe areas like The Canaries.

And so from that we assume its on a pan european beam.

Now that could be 2Fs European beam , or 1ns European beam - which we dont actually know for sure...but the guess is 2F.

It would also mean people would no longer be able to use 12207 as their boot up frequency - as 12207 is the frequency that carries Sky News - a frequency affected by this!
So an alternate frequency will have to be used - like 12050 v 27.5 2/3

Last edited by The Guy; Jan 24th 2013 at 5:01 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 4:55 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

If you cannot get them on one box, then you will not get them on another.
So if you cannot get them on a Sky bxo, you will not get them on a Freesat box, as both boxes get their channels from the same signals and satellites.
Ok thanks, that will save me getting a freesat box.. and i have no signal on my sky box..it tells me to ring sky..so Goodbye sky tv from me..
Old Jan 24th 2013, 5:20 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

If you can get Sky News (a free channel available Sky, freesat and other receivers and one that is affected) , then that is on the Pan European beam.
I just checked with a local friend with Sky and Sky News is OK so it tends to confirm that it is indeed the pan European beam.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 5:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Goodbye Sky TV

Originally Posted by Fred James
I just checked with a local friend with Sky and Sky News is OK so it tends to confirm that it is indeed the pan European beam.
We have just done the same test with Sky News on 501 down here in Ayamonte. Our dish is offset 1.35 x 1.25 and we have 2 Sky + boxes and an old Amstrad digi box all perform as normal. We already knew that all channel 5 have gone plus Anglia West and channel 4 HD. So for free to air channels after summer it looks like we will have to " borrow " a dish from Jodrel Bank!
Old Jan 24th 2013, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

We have Sky free to air with a card, I just checked 501 and we do have reception down here 40 klm inland from Malaga.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 11:24 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

Originally Posted by John & Kath
We have just done the same test with Sky News on 501 down here in Ayamonte. Our dish is offset 1.35 x 1.25 and we have 2 Sky + boxes and an old Amstrad digi box all perform as normal. We already knew that all channel 5 have gone plus Anglia West and channel 4 HD. So for free to air channels after summer it looks like we will have to " borrow " a dish from Jodrel Bank!
Just use the internet TV .. filmon.com
Old Jan 25th 2013, 11:34 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

get yourself a dd-wrt loaded router, vpn enabled, connect to your present router so you have an additional access point and then you can connect to iPlayer, Netflix etc etc (Netflix isnt available in Spain). If you have an Xbox or a PS3 then you can watch iplayer, Netflix etc though it on your TV via your VPN router
Old Jan 26th 2013, 6:05 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

As this is a public forum, if you go for a Jodrell.... perhaps do it in private??!!!
Old Jan 26th 2013, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

I've got an eleven meter dish just up the hill from me.

But I believe some of the satellites might wander of track if I borrow it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.