Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Good Service/Delivery

Good Service/Delivery

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 2:47 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good Service/Delivery

We have experienced the usual difficulties with tradesmen not turning up when promised and being told mañana and finding that mañana never comes so know that it exists. However, whenever we have ordered furniture we have had a totally different experience, the shop assistants have been exceptionally helpful and the delivery time that has been arranged is adhered to almost exactly.

Our most recent experience of this is the fact that we ordered a sofa and a double bed from a local furniture store. The girl was very patient with our Spanish and explained things thoroughly including the fact that the sofa would take at least a month to be manufactured. This was on 10 July and she said that she would ring us in a month (más o menos), then laughed and explained that it would possibly be later as it would then be August. We had the promised telephone call yesturday to say that they would be delivering today at 12 ish and they duly arrived at 12.15 p.m. So not only did they manage menos rather than más they were also close to the delivery time.

Impressed - yes we are.

Rosemary
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 2:57 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good Service/Delivery

Originally Posted by The Oddities
We have experienced the usual difficulties with tradesmen not turning up when promised and being told mañana and finding that mañana never comes so know that it exists. However, whenever we have ordered furniture we have had a totally different experience, the shop assistants have been exceptionally helpful and the delivery time that has been arranged is adhered to almost exactly.

Our most recent experience of this is the fact that we ordered a sofa and a double bed from a local furniture store. The girl was very patient with our Spanish and explained things thoroughly including the fact that the sofa would take at least a month to be manufactured. This was on 10 July and she said that she would ring us in a month (más o menos), then laughed and explained that it would possibly be later as it would then be August. We had the promised telephone call yesturday to say that they would be delivering today at 12 ish and they duly arrived at 12.15 p.m. So not only did they manage menos rather than más they were also close to the delivery time.

Impressed - yes we are.

Rosemary
WOW That's GOT to be one for the record books Rosemary!!!!
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 4:39 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Mal and I went into town last week to sort out a problem with the local council, the office we needed had moved from the Mayors office (closed for refurb). It was not an easy mission as we went to 5 different buildings and spoke with 7 different people but I have to say that each and every person we spoke with (our Spanish is not very good) was polite, smiling, really helpful and took time to make sure that we understood what we were being told and where we should go. All be it they were sending us to the wrong place six times they did it with great customer care, we were really impressed with the level of customer service on that day as Chiclana is not renown for it. 10/10 for effort........I'm now off to the bad service thread for a moan
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 4:56 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Every time we have bought something around here (fridge, washing machine etc) they have delivered next day, set it all up, and not left until we have been happy
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 6:55 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Every time we have bought something around here (fridge, washing machine etc) they have delivered next day, set it all up, and not left until we have been happy
I have never in my life no matter where I have lived or which retailers I used had such good service as I have in Spain. I truely think that the mañana reputation is due to the tradespeople more than anyone else.

Rosemary
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:20 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

What a nice change ! people giving credit where due

Good news and good posts ..
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 9:01 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities

Impressed - yes we are.

Rosemary
amazing isn't it?

when we bought our tumble drier, I sent dh to the shop to order it after I had done a bit of 'shopping around'

it took him about an hour to get served and pay for it, but it was delivered just after he arrived back home
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by lynnxa
amazing isn't it?

when we bought our tumble drier, I sent dh to the shop to order it after I had done a bit of 'shopping around'

it took him about an hour to get served and pay for it, but it was delivered just after he arrived back home
We buy all of our electrical stuff from a small shop around the corner and they deliver immediately unless we say that we are not returning home.

Recently we popped in there to buy an iron and the owners talked us into buying one that was 100€ cheaper than the one I was favouring. Their recommendation was based on the fact that she used the one they were recommending and found it to be excellent.

I love how honest they were even though it meant losing money in the till.

Rosemary
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 9:44 pm

Forgot to say in the title thread that when the two delivery guys arrived at the house one of them took great pleasure in saying 'Good morning' very slowly and clearly. It was so obvious that he had been practicing that he had a good laugh at himself, went quite red in the face and was also tickled pink when we showed our appreciation of his effort.

Rosemary
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

We are only renting long term but when we arrived purchased a television from a local retailer. Asked could they deliver because we didn't have transport - no problem at all - would 21.00 that evening be OK? I said that we could wait a few days if that would be easier - no problem they said and the doorbell rang at 21.00 that evening. Can you imagine that happening in England?
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

Sue-Blue is a jewel in the roughSue-Blue is a jewel in the roughSue-Blue is a jewel in the roughSue-Blue is a jewel in the roughSue-Blue is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by SueG
We are only renting long term but when we arrived purchased a television from a local retailer. Asked could they deliver because we didn't have transport - no problem at all - would 21.00 that evening be OK? I said that we could wait a few days if that would be easier - no problem they said and the doorbell rang at 21.00 that evening. Can you imagine that happening in England?
No cant imagine that in England. If you go somewhere to buy a sofa..firstly you have to pay for it and then can wait for up to 12 months for it to be deliverd to you. I cant wait to get to spain if this is anything to go by sounds great.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=The Oddities;Recently we popped in there to buy an iron and the owners talked us into buying one that was 100€ cheaper than the one I was favouring. Rosemary[/QUOTE]

Over €100 for an iron
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 5:50 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big wheels
Over €100 for an iron
I noticed that, too

I hope it's a typo
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 6:32 am
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

everything we have had delivered has arrived on time with no hasstle and with complete care, We ordered our sofas in the sales in Feb we thought it would be about 6 weeks before we needed them, well we still dont need them but thought we had better get them delivered "August"....went in the shop cash on delvery NO problems ........ delvered the next day complete with wrappings to store not bad, as the sofas have gone up in price since Feb
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 7:35 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big wheels
Over €100 for an iron
It's GOT to be a typo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.